Dodge OR Ford?

N

NvMM

Well I think im gonna get a new pickup and have decided that I want a DIESEL. I like they looks of both the dodge and ford vehicles and after readin all the input on the dodge over in the hunting form I was wonderin how you all like your fords and how the two compare. I have heard many good things about that cummins but have also heard the rest of the truck does not stand up. At my work we have the powerstroke engine in all our ambulances and it seems that the newer units have had many problems with the engine. That may just be because they are run almost 24 hrs. a day in extreme conditions but still has me alittle worried. Anyways some insight from you owners out there would be great. Let me know the good, bad, and ugly! Thanks Maurio.

I have a 2004 Ford with the 6.0 Diesel in it. It tows my 18,000lb fifth wheel just fine. Even with 38" tires on it. The only problem I have had is I blew an intercooler. It was my fault, we were headed to the Dumont sand dunes and I was really pushing it. I ended up hitting over 50lbs of boost and split the intercooler in half. I haven't had any problems since. If you chip your truck and haul heavy trailers make sure you are watching your gauges, I don't care if its Ford, Chevy or Dodge.

Anything with a real diesel like the cummins. Even Detroit went to an inline six for it's big trucks. There is a reason for the inline six for a diesel.

My best friend and dad both bought Dodge's in the last several years. My dad's wouldn't shift when towing, rear window leaked and filled the truck up like a bath, twice. Took it to Dodge and they said there was nothing wrong with the tranny after 3 service trips. Pulling the jet sled it wouldn't shift, wound out and then slam into gear. Needless to say he has a Ford now. My friend had his and we took it to Colorado last year, performed great 19 mpg. Went home backed up, heard some grinding and put it in gear, tranny went out. Dodge replaced it and about 2 months later, backing up, heard some noise and parked it and called Dodge. They told him to drive it in, wasn't the same problem and wham, got to the end of his driveway. Needless to say he doesn't own a dodge anymore either. Good luck on your choice.

Rich

I just finished an elk hunting trip, driving my buddy's Dodge Ram with a Cummins and a manual six speed. I was very impressed with the torque and acceleration of the cummins. Very little turbo lag, and way more acceleration than I'd have ever imagined. He has a big service body on it for his hay business, and the truck weighs 9,000 lbs. You'd never know it, though.

I've always driven Fords or Chevys. For the first time ever, I'd consider a Dodge after driving his pickup. It was very nice to drive, beyond the engine.

You would probably get less argument from a discussion on politics or religion. I am no expert but after a great deal of research I decided to purchase a 2007 Dodge 2500 4x4 Megacab with the new, bigger, quieter diesel engine. Mine came with the electronic six speed tranny. I have had it for 10 months now and 12,000 miles so far. I could not be happier with the truck. I use it as a dayly driver and it is the puller of all my toys. I am not taking it off road. I figured I would use the $50K truck for the road and the $12k Polaris Ranger XP for the rough stuff which it does very, very well. Anyway, the truck is quiet, powerful and smooth. Fit and finish is very nice. I have had no problems. I am about the pickiest person on the planet and not easily impressed but this truck is a good one.

Good luck

Wade
hardcoreoutdoor.com

Nissan Titan #1, Toyota Tundra #2. Japanese last much longer. Don't spend your hard-earned money on fixing vehicles

On a quiet night you can hear a Ford rust and on a windy day Chevy doors fall off.
I have ran an 98 Dodge, 03 Dodge, and 05 Dodge in the oilfield putting at least 100K miles on each running them in some of the worst oilfield roads you can imagine every day for work. The 05 around 80K. I never had one fall apart. If you ever driven any of the roads in unit 2 new mexico you know what I am talking about the roads. The normal stuff would wear out like any vechicle brakes, tie rod ends, wear-able parts. I've seen more furd's and cheby's falling apart then a Dodge. One thing with a chevy if it is muddy or snows stay home, you will defiently be high centered on the first little mud rut you come too with the low frame rails. Thats from experience. If you are in the mud or snow with a ford you better hope it isn't to deep or get stuck with the terrible turbo lag of a ford heck you can't build boost to get the truck moving foward just boggs out(thats what I am told by all the ford drivers here when it gets muddy). The low end torque of the cummins at lower rpms is awesome in the mud & snow. I just lug and power thru the mud with no problems pulling out ford's & chevy's when it rains.

In 96 I bought the first Dodge since my 1977 Power Wagon that I purchased used in 1982. I put a 500 horse 383 in it. The engine was great, the hubs couldn't hang. A little young and not real bright I was quick to blame Dodge for the truck's shortcommings. I purchased a couple of Fords after getting rid of the Dodge, one of which had the International diesel. I knew then I would never buy another truck with a gas engine. I now have over 220,000 on the 96. At about 115,000 I had to have the track bar replaced. I now do this at every 80,000 miles. This is the only thing about the truck I am not happy with. At 180,000 I had the clutch replaced. It was not slipping I just figured it was about due. Looking at my old clutch I would guess I could have squeezed another 20,000 out of it. Last year I bought my wife a new 2007 Dodge 2500 Ram, wow,power to spare! Ask Califelkslayer what he thinks of my Dodge. I think he hates it as it has saved his Ford more times than he cares to remember. All joking aside the Ford is a great truck also. As far as the body of the Dodges not holding up, the only problem my 96 has had was when elkslayer tried to rip the driver side door off with his horse trailer, towed of course by his Ford. This I am convinced was done out of jealousy! He is now part owner of my Dodge which of course is still running strong!
Good hunt'n!
Norkalnimrod

Dodge is a hunters vehicle. Ford is a farmers vehicle and Chevy is a city boys vehicle when it comes to diesel engines. The Cummins will out last any duramax or powerstroke becuase of it's straight six design. Gravity wont wear down the heads and it doesn't utilize glow plugs that can fail you in the cold weather. Dodges are able to get more traction because of their coil sprung suspensions. As a hunter a Dodge is the route to take... If you want performance and accelaration (cornering handling,being roudy getting attentin, ect ) you want a Duramax. If you want to attach a fifth wheel to your truck and you want to tranport bails of hay the powerstroke is affordable and will do the job.

The Dodge is made for the mountains, it is designed for hunters with big toys. It's not as strong or fast as the Duramax or Powersroke but if your going to leave the pavement in pursuit of big game the extra travel and traction and freedom from glowplugs could get you back home with your quarry.

If you want to race another truck with a 30' bayliner in tow get a Duramax.

Powerstrokes should have a john deere emblem rather than a ford emblem. But with a chip and exaust you can achieve the same performace as a Duramax for less...

IF THE DODGE IS THE BEST OFF ROAD MACHINE???

I DON'T NEED THE OTHER TWO BRANDS!!!

AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED NO DIESEL IS A VERY GOOD OFF ROAD HUNTING RIG!!!

ALL THEY WANT TO DO IS SPIN!!!

AND SMOKE!!!

AND MAKE LOTS OF NOYZ!!!

A GAS ENGINE WILL WALK ALL OVER THEM IN SEVERE CONDITIONS!!!

RUS DOESN'T LIKE THE DIESELS BECAUSE HE'S AFRAID SOMEBODY IS GOING TO EXTERMINATE HIS CAB AGAIN!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Ive had Fords since 84, and in 04 bought a Dodge 2500 Hemi 4x4 Quadcab, at 49k miles the rear end went out under warranty, and last month, at 56k, I replaced at my expense, the ball joints and a lot of steering components to the tune of $1738. The 04 year Dodge I understand has a lot of issues, but Iam done with Dodges, this truck was $5k cheaper than a comparable Ford or Chevy, as they simply use cheaper parts, the Cummins is a good engine from what I understand, but what good is a million mile engine in a 50k mile truck, just my opinion, clock

I have a chevy and the company provides a ford work truck. Oilfield roads in the San Juan Basin - Fords hold up - Chevy a close second then Dodges. The new diesels get way less fuel mileage than previous models - a couple of co-workers have new dodges to haul horses to rodeos and from there old dodges fuel mileage is way down.

The Chevy's ride is twice as smooth as a ford and 3 times that of a dodge.

The Allison tranny behind the D-Max is a very good powertrain - you can put a mild chip in a D-Max and get 20+MPG.

At least drive a chevy to see for yourself.

I have a 05 chevy and love it besides the 13.5 mpg in town ford 05-06 have to much turbo lag which means getting stuck!

Diesels are overratted. But if ya have to have one, go with a chevy!

timberline

Hot Damn, for once Bessy and I agree on something. My friend has a Ford crew cab Diesel and while I was with him he has managed to get stuck 4 or 5 times with that heavy beast since he has it. Now I tell him NO if he even thinks like he might want to try and go somewhere where he shouldn't attempt. LOL

Brian

LAST EDITED ON Dec-02-07 AT 06:17PM (MST)[p]I don't really care for the Ford, and I own a 1993 Chevy Crew Cab 1 ton Dually 6.5 Turbo Diesel. Here is why, but I love diesel trucks in general, because they are by far superior to anything gas operated.
I only ever had one experience with a Ford 7.3 Power Stroke, and perhaps that is why Ford came out with the 6.4 new Power Stroke for 2008. I was working for a butcher in my local area, and my job was to maintain the vehicle that I was driving. We had several straight trucks, one was a Freightliner automatic, and the other was an International 6 speed. The Ford 7.3 was the biggest loser out that whole fleet.
We did not use them everyday, but remember I was working for a butcher that happened to have trucks, not a transport company that happened to ship meat; so that may be the biggest reason this truck was this way.
Anyway, it was a manual transmission, that because of some other guy did not have 5th gear. So 4th gear would redline the truck and you had to be careful running down the road, and keep an eye on your RPMs. The other thing was that this truck left me stranded when the Turbo oil line blew on the last part of my run when headed towards home. I had no where to pull off the road when it blew and still had 3 miles of hill to pull with an empty truck. What a trip! I thought I was going to blow the truck up!!

Some of the other problems were primarily battery related with the reefer unit, so I won't go into detail here about that. The thing is, is that the Ford dealership would only warrant the repairs if the repairs were made at our local garage for 2 years, and this small service came to a whopping $6000.00 !!!
Just keep this in mind.
I do not know about, Dodge, but do like the Cummins engine, as I have driven a lot of them in bigger 18 wheelers.
Hope that this helps!
Scott

WELL SCOTT!!!

IF YOU THINK 6.5 CHEVY DIESELS ARE NEAT YOU'VE NEVER DROVE A REAL DIESEL!!!

THE OLDER 7.3 FORD WOULD OF BEEN ALRIGHT IF FORD WOULD OF PUT A TURBO ON THEM!!!

THEY SAY THE NEWER POWERJOKE RUNS PRETTY GOOD BUT THE MILEAGE SUCKS!!!

THE BRAND NEW DIESELS GET LESS MILEAGE & DIESEL IS NEAR 4.00 A GALLON,BETTER LIKE THEM FOR THE POWER!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-02-07 AT 09:46PM (MST)[p]
Owned an 05 cummins. Best motor ever, the rest of the truck was built like a tin can.

Got rid of it and bought a 2000 7.3. Much more solid and better built. However, the 7.3 isn't close to cummins in performance.

6.0's are great if you like to replace injectors.

I haven't heard many good things about the new dodge or fords.
I would get a new duramax if I was buying new.

Yes I like the new Duramax,
The reason I quoted and gave the year of my truck, is that without question... GMC builds a quality product!!! Say what you want, about Ford having this best selling whatever it is was or will be, but I used the Ford 7.3 power stroke that was as new as 2002 in an F 550 with slightly more miles on it, than what was on my own truck, and it was a huge Piece of Sh&# !! It was a red turd that refused to be flushed!! And the only reason it was even kept around as long as it was, was because the older man that owned the business thought like you do, that FORD Has A BETTER IDEA !!! !
HA HA HA HA HA AS IN LMAO !!! I never told you what became of the new FORD IDEA THAT I DROVE FOR the time I was at the job... The clutch pack burst, on one of our drivers, and before he could get it off the road, the manifold set the Class three DOT brake fluid on fire, and the whole truck burnt to the ground !!! With $9000.00 worth of product in it...
Sadness awaits those that want a FORD!
Scott

Wait a little while and get a Toyota Tundra with a CAT.....LOL I'm an American made guy myself but ya gotta admit they make a darned good little pickup.

If huntin is a sport.....Well your lookin at an athlete!

>WELL SCOTT!!!
>
>IF YOU THINK 6.5 CHEVY DIESELS
>ARE NEAT YOU'VE NEVER DROVE
>A REAL DIESEL!!!
>
>THE OLDER 7.3 FORD WOULD OF
>BEEN ALRIGHT IF FORD WOULD
>OF PUT A TURBO ON
>THEM!!!
>
>THEY SAY THE NEWER POWERJOKE RUNS
>PRETTY GOOD BUT THE MILEAGE
>SUCKS!!!
>
>THE BRAND NEW DIESELS GET LESS
>MILEAGE & DIESEL IS NEAR
>4.00 A GALLON,BETTER LIKE THEM
>FOR THE POWER!!!
>
>
>
469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

>
>THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT
>OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS
>IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN
>BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING
>TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Yes I have driven really well built diesels, and I am not talking about the little pieces of Diesel that some car companies stuff into a pick up and move a fifth wheel, or horse trailer.
I am talking about 6 + years experience driving ten speeds, 18 wheels, and circling the country. I am talking driving no less than 350+ horsepower all the way to a 550 CAT, and hauling up hill 80,000 lbs. and gaining top speed by the time I reached the summit. I am speaking of taking 80,000 lbs of liquid chemical down through the mountains of West "BY God" Virginia, and getting the stuff that I brought where I ought, well before it was supposed to be there. I have been a part of team driving where we did 1400 miles a day, and only took three days to go from Connecticut to L.A. and back again 5 times in the same month.
Do you have time floating gears, and waking up in different time zones all over the U.S.A., Canada, and NYC? No I am not a poser.
Driving a Chevy that only gets 12 miles to the gallon, is nothing even if fuel prices were damn near double what they are here now.. $3.60 a gallon, Don't you know that you can run your diesel on burger grease?? GO to Lovecraft Biofuels website and see about one of their conversion kits for a reasonable $450.00, put it on your Power Stroke, and cut your fuel prices in half or more!!! Even if you use the same fuel tank you can do it, and tell the oil companies to stick it where the sun don't shine.

I did not want to show my cards, but you did throw down the challenge... Have you driven well over 650,000 miles behind the wheel of an oil burner? Doubt it. There are some that have driven more than I have, but I am humbled to be in their presence, I don't brag about what I do, but I am not ashamed of it either.
Even if you don't convert to running on veggie oil, a diesel can be set up to run differently than the factory gives it to you. I don't mean the Banks experience, either. You can set them up to run lean and fuel efficient, if you want to do so, but you have to get up off your butt and go find someone that knows their business about diesels. Start by tracking down the big mechanics at the local truck stops. They can point you in the right direction.
Diesel technology is now available in the 2007 and 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It gets 21 MPG city and 25 MPG highway, try to find anything else that even gets as close as that, whether foreign or domestic. Don't think it can be done with full time 4 WD!! DIESEL MAKES BETTER HYBRIDS THAN ANYTHING ELSE, AND COMES TO OPERATING TEMPS MUCH BETTER TO GIVE YOU HEAT IN THE WINTER!
Ciao,
Scott

LAST EDITED ON Dec-09-07 AT 08:16AM (MST)[p] 08 350 PowerSmoke that had a small electrical problem under the hood.

DSCF0424.jpg

DSCF0426.jpg

DSCF0427.jpg

Less then 5000km!!!!

GMC 2500HD all the way.

HEY Scott!!!

DON'T TELL ME HOW FRICKEN GOOD THEM OLDER CHEVY DIESELS WERE!!!

REMEMBER THE OLE 6.2 CHEVY DIESEL???

GOOD GAWD I COULD OUTRUN THIS POS FOR 200 YARDS ON FOOT!!!

YOU BRAGG YOUR BIG RIGS UP STARTING AT 350 HP!!!

WE CAN EASILY GET THIS OUT OF A NEW PICKUP NOW!!!

HOW ABOUT PICKUPS THAT PRODUCE 1,000 FOOT LBS OF TORQUE???

COMPARE THAT FIGURE TO YOUR OLD CHEV!!!

CHEVY WAS LEFT WITH ONE THING TO DO!!!

THAT WAS "COMPETE" OR QUIT!!!

THE BRAND NEW CHEVY'S & GMC'S ARE NICE RIGS!!!

THE BEST TRUCK IN MY OPPINION IN MANY MANY YEARS!!!

NOW LETS SEE IF THAT DURA MAXI-PAD WILL LAST AS LONG AS A CUMMINS!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

since i own them both i think i can help you out. i have a 2003 dodge cummins 1 ton and a 2000 ford f-250. as what one mentioned earlier about fourwheeling, lol he is just a die hard dodge owner feeding you full of b.s all diesels suck in the mud and snow and a lot has to do with the line you take and how you drive, if you are buying a truck for offroading buy a gas motor chevy or toyota. as far as pulling they are both great, my dodge is a manual and i dont think anything that i own my ford automatic couldnt pull. the turbo lag is kinda week on the fords, dont know about the 6.0 but i own the 7.3, but i also have 37 inch tires on mine. after owning them, my honest opinion if i could only buy 1 would be a duramax. as far as a ford or dodge, a ford hands down. as far as reliability i think the dodge does have an amazing motor but it is built around a piece of #####. yes my dodge has 207,000 and some odd miles on it but i have had so many problems with it i cant even start, from the dumbest little things like locks on doors not unlocking/locking, cheap gasgets they put in them, all the way up to the tranny, fuel pump wich is ridiculous because i didnt know it had two fuel pumps on it. our diesel mechanic at my work told me to quit buying dodges as work trucks. i bring mine in tell him its leaking oil he says so does every other dodge. seriously! i would never own a dodge again in my life, also they are a cheaper brand and everything they build is cheaper lower class/ pop your hood look at the size of bolts they put on/ dodge smallest and weakest chevy is second and ford is first being the strongest and the only truck that does warranty a snow plow on them all other trucks warranties our void. they all are pieces of **** and i think it depends on weather you buy a truck that was built on a monday or a friday with someone wanting to leave early, and i know they all have there problems, but i bought a dodge because some of my buddies had them and my future father-in-law, but never again will i make such a dumb mistake. maybe i just got a lemons i dunno know. my dream truck would be like everyone elses cummins motor, allison tranny, ford body

actually ungulate i just started having problems with my dodge starting and i never new they didnt have glow plugs till i just took it in so ill wait and see what the bill is my brothe never has problems starting his duramax in the cold but sometimes my ford i have to let warm up for 2 min. when its -10, and no dodge is not built for offraod, no truck is, as far as traction any truck with limited slip or lockers will take you further dont matter what kinda truck. dodge is built for offroad lol. actually back in the day in my highschool years i owned a chevy while my buddy owned a dodge well i made it up this climb and he didnt so while backing up i rolled down my window and yelled chevy power right then i floored it to go back up and snapped my axle shaft lol. didnt help i had 38" swampers on independant suspension. and my old boss thought he could out do me in his ol dodge power wagon so we went out, he broke his transfer case so i creeped by him laughing. nothing is built for offroad unless you have thousands invested

Thanks for sharin. I have heard that the ford took awhile to get goin in the cold. All the reports are helpfull.

Like yukondall said like a rock!! HA we all know what rams do to rocks.Run them over end when nature calls you know the rest of the story,DODGE

I know a guy and he works for a company that runs a huge garage in AZ. They are going to diesels as the gas motors are going under...idling in the heat.

He said that the Dodge has the best motor....DUHHHHHH. It may not have the most power, but it is the best.

The Chevy the best trans...

And I think that he said that the Ford has the best front-end...I think thas was what Ford had.

dodge does have a great motor and i think most would agree, just like chevy good tranny and ford good drivetrain, but i really think gmc is the truck to buy right now. it has awesome tranny have you ever been in one and felt how smooth the tranny is, even when its chipped. handling is awesome, suspension(if your not lifting it) and the duramax motor is sweet, it just needs a little more time to prove itself, oh yeah and the interior is real nice, soon enough i am trading in the dodge turning the ford into the work truck buying a duramax and using it for trips, hunting. camping, and of course pulling. and in 10 years that'll be the work truck

I have a 92 Dodge 3/4 ton 4x4 with alot of miles on it (300,000 + on the motor and 170,000+ on the body). The Cummins definately lasts longer than the body does. Going to use this truck for woodcutting, snowplowing and hunting now that I bought a 96 ford F-250 extended cab 7.3L with low miles. Comfy truck and good motor. The only real experience Ive have with GM diesels is with the 6.2L and 6.5L motors they put in army humvees and I have to say im not super impressed with them. I would buy a newer ford diesel (6.0L or 6.4L), Ive heard way too many bad things about them.
ismith

45f82e4d30de4f30.jpg

I have 2 Fords, 88 7.3 with 270,00 miles and a 2000 7.3 with close to 250,000. 88 body fell apart while engine was still going strong. Had the injector pump adjusted to get a whooping 185 horses but with 4.10 gears it was fine. Had transfer case rebuilt @ 200,000 mile and the factory rear seals had to be replaced numerous times till I found a aftermarket seal that held for last 100,000.

2000 was my dream truck. Kept the 88 to haul hay, cut firewood and chukar hunt on those lava 2 tracks. That lasted one year cause you couldn't get me outta the 00. Haul hay/horses, cut wood, trailer 5th wheel, bounce around on the lava, chains on all fours many, many times to just get home. Nice truck and low maintenance. Rebuilt transfer case, glow plug relay and thats it. My buddies will attest that preventative maintenance is NOT my fortay. That truck has been the butt of many jokes, getting stuck, dented sides, screwed up tail gate but I only clean it twice a year (spring/fall) drop hay bales 15 feet onto the tailgate, wait til I have several dents before it goes into the shop. And oh ya, NORTHKALINIMROD has pulled me out several times but had he tried to go where I did, I'd of been pulling him out. It's not the trucks fault I have no common sense.

All that said, my next truck will be determined on the best price I can get between the Ford or Dodge.

my glow plug relay just went out yesterday on my ford 2000 powerstroke too, wander whats next.

I cannot attest to the quality of engines put in either the Hummer, or otherwise the CUCV; however if they are at or around the same model year as my truck, you will find that the reason that they do not produce enough horsepower is that General Motors seemed to feel as though these particular diesel engines did not need an AIr to Air intercooler. That is the main problem. A whole lotta ponies become available the cooler you let your inlet air chill to. The secret to making power in any diesel, is to get higher pressure injection, and more Turbo boost.
I must admit, though that the Ford dual stage Turbo boost has me intrigued a bit, but I am still a Chevy fan.
The newest line of 6.6 Duramax w/ Allison has the best Horsepower of any of the newer trucks including Ford or Dodge, and the most available speeds in the transmission.
Go where you want to go, and drive what you want, however, I have not heard very positive things from anyone that puts a Heavy Duty Diesel, thorugh Severe Duty Driving, if you buy a Ford.
I, am looking at the Dodges, but considering what my brother went through with his Dodge, I am not really considering much more than how to avoid buying one of the pretty things. They do appeal to my sense of design, but they do not appeal to my sense of longevity, I drive a 1993 Chevy Quad Cab Diesel, and I want to keep it going as long as I can. It has had the tranny rebuilt, the brake rotors rebuilt, the radiator was replaced once, and fixed not long after, because the guy who originally built it, and put it in the truck proved to be after my dollar, and not looking after my truck.
Other than that Air to Air intercooler deal, which I will be repairing next year, I plan to keep driving it, as I live in a part of the country where $600.00/month is a pretty nice house payment.
Later,
Scott

LAST EDITED ON Feb-12-08 AT 08:03PM (MST)[p]Yes, I did have to replace the glow plug on my Chevy. I also had some lights installed. and I Rhino lined the bed. Good stuff, that Rhino lining is.
I also have had to replace the entire exhaust system because apparently the 2.75 inch is an odd size for a down pipe.
When I get the money I am going to buy bigger and higher pressure injectors, and then get a better lift pump for it. I could just throw a fit, sometimes, and really get into this, and try and drive this thing to my grave, but I better not.
Everyone wants the best that their money is going to buy. Without exception, nobody wants to be told that their favorite model year _____________ diesel truck is a big worthless piece of paperweight. So there are bound to be some who get lemons and some who get "cream puffs" for want of a better word. Just read my earlier threads in this post near the tippy top, where I recant that I drove a Power Stroke for nearly a year in severe duty, and it was an F-550. Lack of maintenance, and lack of well designed engine components left me by the roadside a few times. All service was always done by a Ford certified mechanic, when it did get service.
Anyway, I wish you the best of luck in getting a good 6.4 liter Power Stroke if that is what sets your heart on fire!! Ot for that matter, if you really like the "Way Cool" Looks of the Dodge lines, then by all means make sure that they include that Lifetime Drivetrain warranty on their paperwork, before you sign the bottom line. Tell them you don't care if that was only supposed to be for the gas chugging Hemi stuff.
But when your windows don't work like my brother's did not, after only 8 years, don't say I did not warn you.

Later this year I heard that Ford is coming out with their F-150 with a diesel.
Does anyone know when Ford is coming out with their Rangers in diesel? I heard that it was in 2009, but I was not sure.
Later,
Scott

What, may I ask you, makes you think that a Dodge with a Cummins does not have a glow plug?
If you were to go by , what I saw just two days ago, while sitting in a Dodge, you would see that the little coiled lines on the dash of your Dodge are an indicator light. Those indicate that the glow plugs, which are common to all diesels made on planet Earth, are on and charging.

Yes, Chevy's as a rule will not afford the same ground clearance as another Ford or Dodge, but aftermarket suspension systems level the playing field in that area.

Read the actual facts on who has more vehicles recalled per year.

As a percentage of sales Chrysler Products are recalled more than nay other manufacturer on Earth.

Second is GM and last is Ford.

Deductive logic would lead to a conclusion that Ford must have better quality.

I replaced the engine in my F350 today for $9,700. It had 269,000 miles. It is a 2001 Power Stroke. I will drive it another 269,000 miles before I get another one.

"One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

HEY Aspen!!!

YOU MUST OF GOT A DEAL???

OUR LOCAL FORD DEALER HAD A NEW STROKER ENGINE THE OTHER DAY & THEY SAID IT WAS 18,000.00!!!

DAMN!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

Actually we run a fleet of Fords in our construction company.

We have a
2003 F350 Stroker
2002 F350 Stroker
2001 F350 Stroker
2003 F350 V10
1997 F350 Stroker
1993 F150
1996 F250 V8 460ci

All trucks have plows and they all run great.

One of the largest dirt work and concrete work companies in Utah, or in the West for that matter, is Geneva Rock. Their rival in dirt work and asphalt and concrete is Staker Parsons.

Both companies run exclusivly Ford.

Toyota, when they come out with one. Until then I would buy the Chevy.

Whatever you do don't buy the Dodge.

Good luck,

Slide

Odd thing is that I can not find one major construction company with over 100 trucks that runs on anything but Fords.

Wonder why companies with a need for a tough truck, that could buy anything they want, buy Fords again and again.

I like my 2005 chevy duramax. I use it in the mtns all the time, I hunt lion, bear, elk it is always in the mtns and does a great job. I just wish the price of diesel would go down.

Go with whatever is better on gas milage. I love my Cummins 6.7 ltr TD but I am not getting the kind of MPG I expected. And I paid $4.32 a gallon yesterday for Diesel and I don't think it is going to get better any time soon.

Wade
www.hardcoreoutdoor.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom