Doloris triangle rifle mule deer November 19-27

muliebk

drew the tag! Got lucky on some long odds!! anyone have any info on quality of hunt? How dependent on snow in Colorado is it? thanks for an info

Pray for weather(not rain)..take a shovel and tire chains for mud.
Tuff hunt..unless its f'n cold or heavy snow on Colorado side..
Bone

Hi hardbone , I had the tag in 2011 and no real weather. I give you pointers that I figured out . P M me if you want...

That is a great tag regardless of weather, although bad weather helps. Super jealous. Cant wait to see your pictures this fall.

Rain is good you can track them if you can find fresh tracks.
Snow is great if it in Colorado.
Use the best glass you can find and get up as high as you can.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

What kind of bucks can you expect to hunt? Or what would you guys old out for on this hunt? Any pictures of previous deer shot on this hunt? Thanks

I have hunted it once myself and three times with other Hunters. I have also hunted the Colorado side three times. Is one of the most weather-dependent areas I have ever seen. It is night and day difference when the weather hits. Pray for cold and pray for snow. The Bucks that I have personally seen taken range from the mid 150s to the mid 170s. I saw a couple bucks better than that that never got shot.

I have hunted it twice with family. We didn't have much snow either year. They shot a 180 and 170 bucks. They were the best seen. It might be better on snowy years. We talked with hunters that put on 300 miles and a lot of glassing for 4-5 days and they went home two days early only seeing 2-3 points. It was a fun hunt,but not a great quality hunt for us.

congrats muliebk, I drew a muzzleloader tag for the triangle about 15 years ago. this was back when there were no in lines and the hunt dates were late Nov. as they still should be. I hunted hard for the first part of the hunt and conditions were dry. I wasn't seeing many deer let alone bucks. About the 4thor 5th day into the hunt. A huge snowstorm came in dumping almost a foot of fresh new snow overnight. As it kept on coming into the 2nd day of snow it had put down 18" of the white stuff. My friends wanted to pack up but I was persistant in wanting to stay and hunt it out. Well to make a long story short. The deer began to file out of Glade National Park like they were on a migration. That last day was amazing and I was able to harvest a 180" class buck. So YES weather plays a big part. If I were you I would pray for snow and a lot of it. Good Luck and Congrats By the way my son and I drew South West Desert Antelope Muzzy Tags this year anyone with any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

>congrats muliebk, I drew a muzzleloader
>tag for the triangle about
>15 years ago. this was
>back when there were no
>in lines and the hunt
>dates were late Nov. as
>they still should be. I
>hunted hard for the first
>part of the hunt and
>conditions were dry. I wasn't
>seeing many deer let alone
>bucks. About the 4thor
>5th day into the hunt.
>A huge snowstorm came in
>dumping almost a foot of
>fresh new snow overnight. As
>it kept on coming into
>the 2nd day of snow
>it had put down 18"
>of the white stuff. My
>friends wanted to pack up
>but I was persistant in
>wanting to stay and hunt
>it out. Well to make
>a long story short. The
>deer began to file out
>of Glade National Park like
>they were on a migration.
>That last day was amazing
>and I was able to
>harvest a 180" class buck.
> So YES weather plays
>a big part. If
>I were you I would
>pray for snow and a
>lot of it. Good Luck
>and Congrats By the
>way my son and I
>drew South West Desert
>Antelope Muzzy Tags this year
>anyone with any suggestions would
>be greatly appreciated!!!

Pm me I might be able to help a bit.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom