Done Playing by the Rules....

H

Horn_Star

A good buddy of mine who has been by the book his entire life said he is done following the rules and the DOW can kiss his ass. His gripe is legit and Im sure some will agree and most will dissagree but its good material for a debate. He has been putting in for premium tags for aslong as I can remember and hasnt drawn 1. Donating money for the DOW to run a monopoly on the animals like they own them is a joke. The way the land owner vouchers are you'd think someone in charge is getting kickbacks from the sales. He said "he has a lesser chance of getting caught poaching than he does drawing a tag. The CDOW is nothing but crooks who hate hunters. You cant even go out and shoot a doe to put a little meat in the freezer, yet you see 1000's of them hit on the road every year."

For those who disagree, sit back and think about what your Grandpa did, he didnt fill out a paper to submit for a tag. Hell no he went out when he pleased and put meat in the freezer.

Yeah that'll help the problem. Go out and shoot a doe whenever the meat reserves get too low. Odds of drawing a tag will go up in no time.

Tell him to get a roadkill permit and quit his bitching. I hope that when he does poach something, I'm standing right there to turn him in so I can get my tag a little sooner!!

....If you find a message from myself offensive, inappropriate or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to me and I will demonstrate.....

LAST EDITED ON Dec-06-11 AT 11:41PM (MST)[p]He does have a point....it is all about money nowadays.

Horn_star;

If everybody who needed or wanted vension in the freezer went out today and shot a doe, you will have NO deer within a few short years. When your grandpa did it your state had far less population then it does today. Add the numbers up and you will come to the same conclusion.

RELH

"Food Procurement and Diet? Hunters or Scavengers?
Fossil animal bones at Oldowan sites often are broken up or have distinctive cut marks produced by sharp tools. Since the 1980s there has been an ongoing debate about their significance. Before the 1980s, the "Man the Hunter" hypothesis stated that these were hunting sites, and that bipedalism, tool-making, increased intelligence and social cooperation were part of an adaptation for efficient hunting. Conversely, Lewis Binford argued that the sites were carnivore kills scavenged by hominins, who took marrow because little else was left. Blumenschine argued that the body part representation and cut mark location/frequency were most consistent with opportunistic scavenging. Henry Bunn, Manuel Dominguez-Rodrigo, and Travis Pickering disagreed, arguing from the same type of data that hominins hunted or drove predators from nearly complete carcasses. Discovery and evaluation of new sites will lead to a clearer picture, and probably show that behavior was complex, with a range of different strategies.

"http://www.thamesandhudsonusa.com/web/humanpast/summaries/ch02.html

Maybe grandpa didn't "kill" anything.

Son

>Horn_star;
>
> If everybody who needed
>or wanted vension in the
>freezer went out today and
>shot a doe, you will
>have NO deer within a
>few short years. When your
>grandpa did it your state
>had far less population then
>it does today. Add the
>numbers up and you will
>come to the same conclusion.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>RELH

I dont think thats true at all. If they outlawed killing bucks period and just allowed people to hunt does only (not saying they should, just for arguments sake), how many people would quit hunting? The majority of hunters now a days dont even enjoy venison. They either waste the meat, give it away or let it sit in the freezer for 2 years and throw it away.

"The majority of hunters now a days dont even enjoy venison. They either waste the meat, give it away or let it sit in the freezer for 2 years and throw it away. "

Lay off the peyote dude.

I totally agree!! I am tired of having to pay for everything!! I am tired of paying banks to take care of my money!! I am tired of playing by these so-called "laws"! I have guns and less of a chance of getting caught than I do of getting rich just because I play by the system rules so tomorrow I am going to load up my 12 guage, put on a ski-mask, head down to the bank, demand they give me one million dollars then I am going to the supermarket, I am going to slam my truck in reverse, ram right through the front doors, fill up the truck bed then head home! Hell, my great great grandpa never paid for a horse or beef in his life - he just took what he wanted when he needed it so that's what I am going to do~!! YEEE HAW!! LOOK AT ME GO!!

I A'INT AFEERD A NO FISH N' GAME! LAW DON'T GO ROUND HERE LAWDOG - LAW DON'T GO ROUND HERE!

Brilliant post Horn_star. Very well thought out.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

I can teach my daughter to poach right out of the gate so she will never experience the frustration of not drawing a tag.

I would never advocate poaching even though I often disagree with many states DOW. Everyone that buys a tag in Nebraska gets a bonus doe tag and has for several years. In many places they are getting hit hard but we still can't sell enough tags to get the population down.

We have no elk point system in Nebraska I have applied for 27 years no luck. Two locals hunters from a camo Blazer can't or won't walk drew the first year they applied. Both killed 6 point elk fair? No, neither is life. I'm certainly not going to go poach an elk even though I could without getting caught.

With this in mind I understand why people get frustrated while waiting to draw. One year in Wyoming I was the only one on antelope in a unit with Max. points that didn't draw, that was frustrating.

Horn star the federal fish and wildlife as long as most every states fish and game are idiots they have stolen more then we even know about all a bunch of leeches.

When my grandfather was my age (1961), the state popuation was 890,627 and there were 132,000 deer HARVESTED... That's almost 1 in 7 people killing a deer... Nowadays, with a population of 2,900,000 that harvest number would be roughly 400,000 deer... So I don't exactly want "the good ole days", there'd be nothing left to hunt...

I got my numbers from the census website, and the DWR Deer Management plan.

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

LAST EDITED ON Dec-07-11 AT 10:19AM (MST)[p]>>>>The majority of hunters now a days dont even enjoy venison. They either waste the meat, give it away or let it sit in the freezer for 2 years and throw it away. <<<<

do not lump me in with that,,,

try this and repeat as needed, "crack is whack" "crack is whack"

Some dude named Bubba is waiting at the prison for a new friend. That said I do think they should give a tag for any unit to people with terminal cancer like my Bro-in-law just died from. If I get it I will be hunting someplace somehow for my last hurrah. What they gonna do-kill me?

All the DOW cares about is making money and telling people what to do. Game wardens are nothing more than power tripping cop wannabees that dont do there job. People wonder why there is so many poachers its because the wardens wont get off their sorry asses and do what we as tax payers and hunters pay them to do.

The game warden in my area is great. He will track down and prosecute every time I give him a tip and then call me to tell me the results. The state does not issue large enough fines for violations but that's not his fault.

So I know of at least one game warden who works hard and is fair to deal with.

I didnt know you had to pay taxes on the rez....

This is the stupidest thing I have ever read.

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

It does get frustrating when you see people draw tag after tag and you can't seem to draw anything.

The only poaching I would condone is shooting a wolf onsite and only because of the way that whole deal has been handled. I think it should have been illegal for the initial introduction but when the feds started pissing backwards when wolf numbers hit there target, all bets are off. Kill them all.

>I didnt know you had to
>pay taxes on the rez....
>
>
>This is the stupidest thing I
>have ever read.
>
>Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean.
>Apologize to No One.

Everyone pays taxes, it doesnt matter where you live. Im not sure if that limp wristed jab you just threw was supposed to make me mad or upset or what? All it really does is show how ignorant you are.

Roy, +1. Lets all just break the laws we don't agree with!

Horny: When is this "friend" (wink, wink) going to start poaching?

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

hornstar, posting this nonsense kinda shows your ignorance. I just had a loooong meeting with our local wardens concerning some dickweeds that applied the very mindset you are throwing out. You and your buds have at it. There are guys like me watching. mtmuley

He must be talking about the rez cops,
they are the biggest poachers on the rez -herd the animals of public lands before the hunts (in the basin) and then hunt when they want. Start poaching on public land and let us know how that works out for you!!!!

Hey I have an idea for ya. How about you and your "friend" go halves on a beef cow, probably will be cheaper than the fines if you all get caught. I understand frustration about not drawing, but it is life. I wish every hand of blackjack I played the few times I was in Vegas, but it wasn't in the cards.
WVBOWAK

LAST EDITED ON Dec-07-11 AT 07:31PM (MST)[p]I gotta disagree about the wardens. Here in Wyoming, just this year we had a warden hike a little over a mile to check out our antelope kills. He mentioned he was quite impressed that someone would go that far off the roads to hunt antelope. We had a great visit. We had another one hike off a steep ridge to check out our cow kill on the elk hunt. Again, this one was very pleasant and enjoyable to talk with. Yes, we were completely legal and it was great to see those boys actually out in the boonies doing their job. I'm sure glad we were doing ours.

>
>
>Everyone pays taxes, it doesnt matter
>where you live.

??? Indians pay state and federal income and property tax? Are you sure about that?

LMFAO......the guy that started this post is questioning someone elses' ignorance! Really?

"If God did not intend for man to hunt animals, he would have made broccoli more fun to shoot"

LAST EDITED ON Dec-07-11 AT 09:18PM (MST)[p]>
>>
>>
>>Everyone pays taxes, it doesnt matter
>>where you live.
>
>
>??? Indians pay state and federal
>income and property tax? Are
>you sure about that?

Every single year.

I dont see why that matters though, race has nothing to do with this.

"They got money for wars, but cant feed the poor"

Horny, c'mon now...I have 15 of your Navajo brothers working for me and I can te you for a fact that:
1) They do not pay state tax, It simply doesn't get removed from their check and if it does, as was the case with one of them, they get 100% it refunded at the end of the year.
2) They, unlike me, don't have to pay for health insurance because it's covered by the government,It's called "Indian health services". That's a $500 bill each month.
3) There is nothing on this planet that causes more navajo people to call in sick, or otherwise dodge their responsibiles then Girls Basketball.

Son

Well HUNT_REZ!
You'd best WTF up!(W= Wake!)
With your way of thinking/hunting you could decimate what's left in a quick hurry if you turned everybody loose!
I don't see utehunter and all his buddies/relates shooting Does in December because his Great Grandfather use to,I doubt very much his/your Great Grandfather ever Trophy Hunted in to December & January for Meat Bucks!
Kill em all,get it over with,it's your God given right,Right?

There ain't enough Deer for your way of thinkin!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

How do you stir the pot left or right. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Absolutely no need to illegally harvest a buck............especially given the fact that those antlers you covet will both fall off in the spring 100% of the time. At least in colorado you can pretty much get a cow tag somewhere in the state every single year. So go get your meat cow and then hike for that monster's sheds until you draw a tag. I don't see the issue here?

>Horny, c'mon now...I have 15 of
>your Navajo brothers working
>for me and I can
>te you for a fact
>that:
>1) They do not pay state
>tax, It simply doesn't get
>removed from their check and
>if it does, as was
>the case with one of
>them, they get 100% it
>refunded at the end of
>the year.
>2) They, unlike me, don't have
>to pay for health insurance
>because it's covered by the
>government,It's called "Indian health services".
>That's a $500 bill each
>month.
>3) There is nothing on this
>planet that causes more navajo
>people to call in sick,
>or otherwise dodge their responsibiles
>then Girls Basketball.
>
>Son

god you're stupid. Here is a link for you to do some reading.
http://ncai.org/Taxation.31.0.html

"Individual American Indians and Alaska Natives and their businesses pay federal income tax just like every other American. The one exception is when an Indian person receives income directly from a treaty or trust resource such as fish or timber, that income it not federally taxed."

51e5be76f1e283833df3836dd7a70394_thumb.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Dec-08-11 AT 04:08PM (MST)[p]>>Horny, c'mon now...I have 15 of
>>your Navajo brothers working
>>for me and I can
>>te you for a fact
>>that:
>>1) They do not pay state
>>tax, It simply doesn't get
>>removed from their check and
>>if it does, as was
>>the case with one of
>>them, they get 100% it
>>refunded at the end of
>>the year.
>>2) They, unlike me, don't have
>>to pay for health insurance
>>because it's covered by the
>>government,It's called "Indian health services".
>>That's a $500 bill each
>>month.
>>3) There is nothing on this
>>planet that causes more navajo
>>people to call in sick,
>>or otherwise dodge their responsibiles
>>then Girls Basketball.
>>
>>Son
>
>god you're stupid. Here is a
>link for you to do
>some reading.
>http://ncai.org/Taxation.31.0.html
>
>
>"Individual American Indians and Alaska Natives
>and their businesses pay federal
>income tax just like every
>other American. The one exception
>is when an Indian person
>receives income directly from a
>treaty or trust resource such
>as fish or timber, that
>income it not federally taxed."
>
>
>"They got money for wars, but
>cant feed the poor"
>

HAHAHA way to stir the pot Z!! U got them all fired up man better behave dog. And I do blast a doe every year but I take her out early so I can have jerky when Im hunting my bucks in 3feet of snow in december.;)

They probably have computers and internet access down at the reservation youth center. Probably funded by the u.s. government with some sort of native american technology grant of some sort. Sorry, but I kept my mouth shut until that comment you made on the "Pearl Harbor" post yesterday. That kind of pissed me off.

Way to go E-Z-E your the man. LOL Tool!!!!!

"Eating tag soup is better than getting your hands bloody for some 175" dink that you rookies like to post so often."

Horn_Star

>LAST EDITED ON Dec-08-11
>AT 04:08?PM (MST)

>
>>>Horny, c'mon now...I have 15 of
>>>your Navajo brothers working
>>>for me and I can
>>>te you for a fact
>>>that:
>>>1) They do not pay state
>>>tax, It simply doesn't get
>>>removed from their check and
>>>if it does, as was
>>>the case with one of
>>>them, they get 100% it
>>>refunded at the end of
>>>the year.
>>>2) They, unlike me, don't have
>>>to pay for health insurance
>>>because it's covered by the
>>>government,It's called "Indian health services".
>>>That's a $500 bill each
>>>month.
>>>3) There is nothing on this
>>>planet that causes more navajo
>>>people to call in sick,
>>>or otherwise dodge their responsibiles
>>>then Girls Basketball.
>>>
>>>Son
>>
>>god you're stupid. Here is a
>>link for you to do
>>some reading.
>>http://ncai.org/Taxation.31.0.html
>>
>>
>>"Individual American Indians and Alaska Natives
>>and their businesses pay federal
>>income tax just like every
>>other American. The one exception
>>is when an Indian person
>>receives income directly from a
>>treaty or trust resource such
>>as fish or timber, that
>>income it not federally taxed."
>>
>>
>>"They got money for wars, but
>>cant feed the poor"
>>

>
>
>HAHAHA way to stir the pot
>Z!! U got them all
>fired up man better behave
>dog. And I do blast
>a doe every year but
>I take her out early
>so I can have jerky
>when Im hunting my bucks
>in 3feet of snow in
>december.;)

hahahaha I told you what they were gonna do. And like clock work they did it. They turned it racial because that's all these simple minded people know how to do. I expect you to pay the $1 bet we made. Hahhahahaha ignorant and stupid is all these rednecks are.

Act like trash smell like trash..........It must be trash!!!!!!!

"Eating tag soup is better than getting your hands bloody for some 175" dink that you rookies like to post so often."

Horn_Star

LAST EDITED ON Dec-08-11 AT 07:14PM (MST)[p]>Douchebaggery crosses all racial lines.
>Someone needs to nuke this stupid
>thread.

I guess we can lump you in with the rest of the dbags? You are the one that said and I quote "lay off the peyote dude" assuming I do peyote because I am a Native American. Is it okay to assume you burn crosses and sleep with your sister because you are an white man?

Why nuke it, because I called from the get go? I told utehunter that all you guys were gonna do is turn it racial and you did. A racist mind is a simple mind.

4578wtf.jpg

not trying to make it to racist but....classes in ni**er rigg'n

"if you want some get some...if your bad enough come take some"

>
4578wtf.jpg

>
>not trying to make it to
>racist but....classes in ni**er rigg'n
>
>
>"if you want some get some...if
>your bad enough come take
>some"

Cant even see what that says, what did you take that picture with a toaster?

LOL.
I'm the bad guy?

I didn't assume you were on Peyote because you're a native american, I assumed you were on peyote because you made such a dumbassed post.
Seems a fair assumption that someone is under the influence of some sort of mind altering substance when they post crap like the above.

Carry on Troll, I still call for a quick nuke job for this masterpiece.

Oh, and FYI, I spend a fair amount of time on a Rez in Nor Cal and will tell you exactly what kind of cash crop is flowing off that oversized pot farm.

;-)

Wink, wink, nod, nod.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-08-11 AT 10:30PM (MST)[p] I think their obsidian arrowheads are cool.

"If God did not intend for man to hunt animals, he would have made broccoli more fun to shoot"

Horny,
Here are few links that will help you learn some things about taxes and NdN's

http://navajotimes.com/news/2011/1111/111411tax.php

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwo...instated-on-the-ute-mountain-ute-reservation/.

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/LocalColumnsViewpoints/Indians-are-exempt-from-taxes-on-utilities

So sombody showed you how to google a single tax law issue, but because your search engine doesn't have an "affirmative action" mode, well your screwed aren't you. (thats a rhetorical question, there will be several so look it up now) Now there is something your doing on your own, or at least I think you are, you know how to copy and paste a reply.....how unimpresive!?! If you want to do sonething inteligent or benificial, come up with an original thought. Try taking a new approach to life and stop reveling in the fact that you are a prid-less captive people. (again, the dictionary would really help you here).

You all talk about being a "sovereign nation", what a joke. That's like the teenager that demands money from mom and the keys to the family car so that go to the mall. I have a suggestion, why don't we encourage MM to have a forum that is handicapped for you that way you can enjoy some feeling of intelligence, even if is a lie. Then you can come on and post some redicullous and stupid topic that, even a child would no better than to do! Oh wait a minute, you already did didn't you. (again, that was a rhetorical question)

Tell you what hornless. In the spirit of how you have obtained anything, I'll dummy myself and my comments down to help bring you up to a level that you can finally compete. Then you might just feel like you're just like the rest of us Americans, but that feeling will soon pass when go for a beer to celebrate and bootlegger charges you $15 for a six pack.....that you either buy with food stamps or trade for with commodity food.

Son

>Horny,
>Here are few links that will
>help you learn some things
>about taxes and NdN's
>
>http://navajotimes.com/news/2011/1111/111411tax.php
>
>http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwo...instated-on-the-ute-mountain-ute-reservation/.
>
>http://www.santafenewmexican.com/LocalColumnsViewpoints/Indians-are-exempt-from-taxes-on-utilities
>
>So sombody showed you how to
>google a single tax law
>issue, but because your search
>engine doesn't have an "affirmative
>action" mode, well your screwed
>aren't you. (thats a
>rhetorical question, there will be
>several so look it up
>now) Now there is something
>your doing on your own,
>or at least I think
>you are, you know
>how to copy and paste
>a reply.....how unimpresive!?! If you
>want to do sonething inteligent
>or benificial, come up with
>an original thought. Try taking
>a new approach to life
>and stop reveling in the
>fact that you are a
>prid-less captive people. (again, the
>dictionary would really help you
>here).
>
>
>
>You all talk about being a
>"sovereign nation", what a joke.
>That's like the teenager that
>demands money from mom
>and the keys to the
>family car so that go
>to the mall. I have
>a suggestion, why don't we
>encourage MM to have a
>forum that is handicapped for
>you that way you
>can enjoy some feeling
>of intelligence, even if is
>a lie. Then you can
>come on and post some
>redicullous and stupid topic that,
>even a child would no
>better than to do! Oh
>wait a minute, you already
>did didn't you. (again, that
>was a rhetorical question)
>
>Tell you what hornless. In the
>spirit of how you have
>obtained anything, I'll dummy myself
>and my comments down to
>help bring you up to
>a level that you can
>finally compete. Then you might
>just feel like you're just
>like the rest of us
>Americans, but that feeling will
>soon pass when go for
>a beer to celebrate and
>bootlegger charges you $15 for
>a six pack.....that you either
>buy with food stamps or
>trade for with commodity food.
>
>
>Son

For starters..

Somebody
unimpressive
something
intelligent
prideless
ridiculous
KNOW

If you're going to chastise, you may want to take your own advice on the dictionary thing...Just sayin

Ł??chąą'? Łich??',
If I did that, how would Hornless know what I was trying to say? Or did you miss the part about "dumming down" (not "dummying" like Americans spell it) my replies? You're so predictable e.g. you cant argue the content of whats in the post just the way its spelled! Seriously, no issue with being told you're "pride less" just that it's spelled as one word. Wow, haven't you got any fight in you? Oh, thats right, I forgot ....you're a "sovereign nation" but we still do all the fighting for you. My bad Ł??chąą'? Łich??'

Son

LAST EDITED ON Dec-09-11 AT 10:27AM (MST)[p]Not that it matters, but I'm as white as casper..And I cant read Navajo, so your humor is lost on me.

>Horny,
>Here are few links that will
>help you learn some things
>about taxes and NdN's
>
>http://navajotimes.com/news/2011/1111/111411tax.php
>
>http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwo...instated-on-the-ute-mountain-ute-reservation/.
>
>http://www.santafenewmexican.com/LocalColumnsViewpoints/Indians-are-exempt-from-taxes-on-utilities
>
>So sombody showed you how to
>google a single tax law
>issue, but because your search
>engine doesn't have an "affirmative
>action" mode, well your screwed
>aren't you. (thats a
>rhetorical question, there will be
>several so look it up
>now) Now there is something
>your doing on your own,
>or at least I think
>you are, you know
>how to copy and paste
>a reply.....how unimpresive!?! If you
>want to do sonething inteligent
>or benificial, come up with
>an original thought. Try taking
>a new approach to life
>and stop reveling in the
>fact that you are a
>prid-less captive people. (again, the
>dictionary would really help you
>here).
>
>
>
>You all talk about being a
>"sovereign nation", what a joke.
>That's like the teenager that
>demands money from mom
>and the keys to the
>family car so that go
>to the mall. I have
>a suggestion, why don't we
>encourage MM to have a
>forum that is handicapped for
>you that way you
>can enjoy some feeling
>of intelligence, even if is
>a lie. Then you can
>come on and post some
>redicullous and stupid topic that,
>even a child would no
>better than to do! Oh
>wait a minute, you already
>did didn't you. (again, that
>was a rhetorical question)
>
>Tell you what hornless. In the
>spirit of how you have
>obtained anything, I'll dummy myself
>and my comments down to
>help bring you up to
>a level that you can
>finally compete. Then you might
>just feel like you're just
>like the rest of us
>Americans, but that feeling will
>soon pass when go for
>a beer to celebrate and
>bootlegger charges you $15 for
>a six pack.....that you either
>buy with food stamps or
>trade for with commodity food.
>
>
>Son

It's hard to take an uneducated racist like you serious, I mean hell you can't even spell. Go back to school and when you're fully competent come back and we'll talk.

I give, you guys get sarcasm as well get being gainfully employed. Do some reading and you'll see that history teaches us that men, even soveriegn nations, behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives. I guess there is hope for you....

Son

This whole thread is sad. We have people stating and advocating breaking laws, as if they are in a different boat than the rest of us. I hope you all get caught, even the wolf poachers.

We have Native Americans and white folks both showing racist tendencies. It doesnt matter who started it. There are injustices done EVERYDAY EVERYWHERE regardless of what your race is. Leave the race thing out of it.

Son. . . I dont know anything about taxes, but as an impartial reader, your articles you posted do not support your statement whatsoever. All they say is that SOME tribes may not pay taxes on telephone and other utility bills. Also, using sources from a newspaper article, who's author also knows nothing about tax law is irresponsible. If you want to prove that they dont pay state or federal income taxes, go straight to the tax code and let's see it.

Horn. . . just because someone uses the word peyote doesn't mean you are being ridiculed because of your race. Don't be so sensitive. It's stupid. Tell your friend he is a criminal. In for a penny, in for a pound. Once he breaks the law, he will always be a criminal until his sentence is served, even if he is a great guy in every other part of his life.

grizzmoose---I agree with you 100% and hope both sides read your post and knock this kind of crap off!!!

Best post in this thread grizz!

But with some of whats been said it wasnt tough to take that prize.

Still extremely well said!

Bill

Look out Forkie, FTW is watching us!

"Arizona hosts portions of very large Native American reservations, such as the Navajo reservation. If you are an American Indian living on the reservation, you do not have to pay Arizona income taxes on income earned on the reservation or it's border towns."

http://www.wmitchell.edu/lawreview/documents/7.Taylor.pdf

Its lengthy, and deals with more than just the Navajo Nation but it is the basis of why, right or wrong legal or not, some tribal members chose to not pay state income tax.
Its a reality that many people that are working off of the Navajo Reservation that are residing within the Reservation borders, are electing to not pay NM state income tax. Legal? I don't know. A fact of life? Yes.
What the tax code says and what is happening may not be the same, so my original comment stands.

The power of a state to tax tribes and their members depends in large part on the definition of Indian Country. For purposes of federal criminal jurisdiction, Congress defines Indian Country in 18 U.S.C. ? 1151 as:

(a) all land within the limits of any Indian reservation under the jurisdiction of the United States Government, notwith- standing the issuance of any patent, and, including rights-of- way running through the reservation, (b) all dependent In- dian communities within the borders of the United States whether within the original or subsequently acquired terri- tory thereof, or border town , and whether within or without the limits of state, and (c) all Indian allotments, the Indian titles to which have not been extinguished, including rights-of-way running through the same.

My original comment was that I have employees that do not pay New Mexico State income Tax It is a fact that a few of my employees who reside and recieve their mail in Window Rock AZ do not pay NM state income Tax. The other examples are additional tax exemptions that they recieve that others do not.

Son

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom