Don't Forget

TOPGUN

Long Time Member
To be logged into your G&F account at 8AM tomorrow morning if you want any doe or cow/calf tags in units that don't have many left and good luck getting what you want!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-16-13 AT 10:36PM (MST)[p]Alarm is set. I would suggest a few practice runs for the new kids. I had antelope and elk in the books in less than 10 seconds last year. Not a lot of tags in some of these units.

I was able to refresh the page about 50 times and finally got the doe antelope tag I was looking for at my uncle's place again! I was looking at another tag but I logged in at exactly 0800 hrs and they were gone.

I logged into my account 20 minutes early and clicked on the Conservation Stamp to start my purchases and as soon as the doe/fawn antelope tab lit up at 8AM I clicked on it and got the two licenses I wanted along with giving some money to the Access Yes and Rescue funds, so I'm good to go. My unit sold out the doe licenses in 1/2 hour. I'm not going to buy my buck deer license until after the first week of August so I can spread the money out over a couple months on my CC for the wife to pay them. I'm such a thoughtful guy!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-17-13 AT 11:38AM (MST)[p]yea, you have to do a gunner did, log in then refresh when at the purchase page till it lights up. I had mine in seconds and the rest were gone by the time I paid at 8:03.

>yea, you have to do a
>gunner did, log in then
>refresh when at the purchase
>page till it lights up.
>I had mine in seconds
>and the rest were gone
>by the time I paid
>at 8:03.

***What do you need to hit a refresh button for? My page was active from when I logged on and hit the Stamp button until the doe/fawn tab lit up to click on it. Is it just the way my computer is set up or something, as I don't really know what you're talking about and Travis also said he hit refesh a bunch of times before he could get his doe tag?

LAST EDITED ON Jul-17-13 AT 06:37PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-17-13 AT 06:09?PM (MST)

Hitting the refresh on your browser forces the page to regen. If you do that every 1-2 seconds you'll get the doe/fawn tab lit up within that time frame, otherwise you're waiting for an auto refresh from your browser. When the tag pool is down to zero in 10 seconds, it can make the differnce. Plus you don't have to worry about time difference between them and you. Sart at 7:58 and don't stop.
It's possible when they turn it on it will force a refresh on our end but I'm not taking that chance. 100 tags were gone in 3 minutes in my unit....

We're doing the same thing, just different.

Thanks WB! I didn't know that's how refresh works. Does it make any difference that I have highspeed cable? I've never even thought about looking to see where the refresh icon is on my screen since I've never had a need for it. I now see what you mean though if a unit sells out within just a few seconds, as if you're waiting for what you say is an "auto refresh" I can see how a guy could be out of the running for a tag like that one unit they claimed sold out last year in 12 seconds.

Ha, yea it was slim to none when I reprinted the lists at 8:10.

Gunner, hold your mouse over the icons going across the top of your browser and one will say refresh. They're curved arrows, like going in a circle.

Mike, the tag I wanted was sold out when I first logged on. Because of the way the website reserves the tags until they're either purchased or a certain amount of time passes, I just waited for someone's computer to fart and kick the tag I wanted back into the pool, which evevtually happened.
I had to refresh the page a bunch of times until the tag showed back up in the dropdown and scooped it up.

I hope that makes sense...

I was online first thing,but kept getting message ,Server To Busy, so I went there later in the day and got my cow tag.Still lots of cow tags left in some units.

>Mike, the tag I wanted was
>sold out when I first
>logged on. Because of the
>way the website reserves the
>tags until they're either purchased
>or a certain amount of
>time passes, I just waited
>for someone's computer to fart
>and kick the tag I
>wanted back into the pool,
>which evevtually happened.
>I had to refresh the page
>a bunch of times until
>the tag showed back up
>in the dropdown and scooped
>it up.
>
>I hope that makes sense...

***Makes perfect sense and I've heard other guys say they got one that way after a wait, since the computer times out after 30 minutes if you haven't completed your transaction and then the atag goes back on the list as available. Glad you got what you wanted.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom