Double Layer Ring Sausage and Potato Bake

Blank

Long Time Member
Started out at 47 degrees this morning, and never got above 68. Perfect day to bake in the house tonight!!

Greased the casserole dish liberally, layered in the sliced potatoes, thin-sliced ring sausage, mozzarella cheese, and a mixture of cream of mushroom and cream of bacon soup. Two layers is cheap, easy and only takes one Hillshire sausage and 5 spuds to fill the dish. Two cans of soup, can add a 3rd if you want it juicier. Bake at 350 for 60-75 minutes, depending on thickness and doneness of the potatoes. Comfort food!!

DD286D3C-85A2-4900-B49C-A071675EF5C5.jpeg

45CCB8E6-B92E-474B-A901-81D55DD88AE4_1_201_a.jpeg

48C31126-B606-48D0-A50C-CD6605767DF5_1_201_a.jpeg

Finally........ a recipe I maybe capable of reproducing.

It’s taken a while.

And....... you had me on “comfort”.

If it’s survives the oven I’ll post up pic.

I have to stop reading Blank's threads......that looks good and something I will be making. I already gained 5 lbs since I have been following.... maybe I need to head West and walk the mountains more.:D

I’ve got a package of kielbasa from the local butcher in the freezer. My bride who doesn’t like kielbasa is headed to WVa for a week. I’m going to try this.
thanks

Nope, just the regular cheap Campbells canned soup. It works good with the sausage, but every once in a while the wife likes me to do thin sliced grilled chicken breast and cream of chicken soup instead. Either tends to be good as microwave leftovers too

Made this yesterday with kielbasa. Very tasty. I did add some chopped onions. Plenty leftover for the freezer. Thanks Blank

Good job T. I do love my onions, but with the wife allergic and the MIL just doesn't like them, I'm screwed for putting them in many dishes. I find adding them on top at the end is almost as good tho!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom