Down to the wire

seeleymt

Well it down to wire to make my choice of unit for my antelope hunt this fall In Colorado. It looks like unit 3 is my best choice will draw as I have 15 points
My questions is this after contacting various landowners on a trespass fee hunt, I'am still would like to good on the public, but it sounds like it can be a zoo. Time is not a problem, but to many people is? Any input on this would be appreciated?
Thanks Brian

>Well it down to wire to
>make my choice of unit
>for my antelope hunt this
>fall In Colorado. It looks
>like unit 3 is my
>best choice will draw as
>I have 15 points
> My questions is this after
>contacting various landowners on a
>trespass fee hunt, I'am still
>would like to good on
>the public, but it sounds
>like it can be a
>zoo. Time is not a
>problem, but to many people
>is? Any input on this
>would be appreciated?
> Thanks Brian

IMHO, The only way to hunt the public on this hunt and get a top quality goat in my opinon is to show up 4-5 days early even a week and scout and find a goat you want. Then watch and pattern him every day until dark the night before opener. Then on opening day kill it before lunch and be done. That would be my approach. If I missed out on opening weekend then I would contact Gary Brennan with BS outfitters and arrange a trespass with him or another outfitter as my back up.

Good advice. If you don't get it done opening wknd don't think it's over. Come Monday you'll virtually have the place to yerself, things will calm down and you'll enjoy it.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom