Draw Deadline Approaching! You In?

Founder

Founder Since 1999
I'm in! Got the wife applied for a late-season elk tag. Who else is in? Do you expect to draw anything?

Points sure are getting crazy. Take a boatload to draw even some of the "ok" hunts.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
Will you LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook! I need a friend....

Yup. I'm put in for a 2nd season buck tag along with a bull tag for same unit. We'll draw the deer tag no problem and elk is just luck of the draw.

Got my 2 daughters in for a 4th season buck tag and elk tags and they too should draw with any luck. Hopefully going to be a great fall.

Have my wifes apps left to submit and we'll be set. Trying to get her out more during the fairer weather and not really concerned about trophys just hunting with opportunity for her. This will be her 3rd hunting season and hopefully a harvest or 2.

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

I drew a buck tag last year, and wont draw this year, but still put in. My only hope is maybe the tag numbers may increase in some of the 2nd and 3rd season hunts that USED to have leftovers.

Using my 10 points on elk, and likely draw our 3rd season buck tag with 1 point. moose, sheep, mnt goat are well... luck of the draw. Hoping between CO, UT, NV & WY will draw something besides CO deer/elk, although those will both be great hunts and likely see/shoot some big boys :)
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

In for 1st rifle elk with 1 point, should get the tag. Put in for deer point which will give me 3 for next year.

For Deer, still undecided! With the dates resetting next year, I was thinking of waiting until next year to try and draw. But.. how many other guys are thinking that, maybe making the points creep more??? Then theres the thought of this year, maybe all the guys waiting until next year will slow point creep this year??? Then, I thought maybe I'd try to draw a second season next year in a better unit. The dates would be later, making it almost a 2nd and a half season compared to the last few years?? Too much to think about. I just need to get a tag and go hunt!

I'm in for unit 26 4th season deer, with 8 points I should be a shoe in as a non-resident. Hopefully the 4th season dates aren't to early this year.

Jody

Tick Tock Tick Tock. Time growing short but still undecided .... Tossing around an ok unit for deer on a 4th hunt or wait for better dates next yr with decreased odds of drawing ( 12 NR pts). No mans land on elk ( 13 NR pts). Probably just get a point and ponder that choice next yr. Probably will pull the trigger this year and chance a goat in southern Colo ( 14 pts) Got to get it figured out soon and chase these critters while I'm still able to physically

I have my 2014 Annual Fishing License and Habitat stamp but its still showing a charge of $881 for a nonresident deer and elk point. I thought we wouldn't be charged that amount if we held last years Fishing or Hunting license? Any input would be greatly appreciated before I move ahead. Thanks guys!

Deer pt this year. We are going to wait for next year later dates to hunt, like everybody else. I'm afraid this year could be the year for a good tag because many guys are just applying for pts so they can hunt next year with better dates.

Hoyt even if you put in for just a point they charge the license fee then reimburse you after the draw.

>I have my 2014 Annual Fishing
>License and Habitat stamp but
>its still showing a charge
>of $881 for a nonresident
>deer and elk point.
>I thought we wouldn't be
>charged that amount if we
>held last years Fishing or
>Hunting license? Any input
>would be greatly appreciated before
>I move ahead. Thanks
>guys!

That doesn't work in CO. When you apply each year you need to buy a new stamp and fishing license is included.
In UT you can use last years 365 license to apply, is that what you were thinking?
Mntman

Lots of points will be dumped next year on deer tags due to the later dates. I will have zero next year most likely so I won't be stressed over hit :)
Mntman

Just a point for deer this year. I will have 11 pts and will try and draw a tag with the later season dates next year.

"Go hunt for meat at Walmart."

I'm hoping to draw a late season rifle deer tag for eastern Colorado. I'm going OTC for archery elk, and hoping to hit the lottery in regards to moose, goat, and sheep.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom