Draw Deadline May 31st - You In?

Founder

Founder Since 1999
Wyoming's draw deadline is May 31st. You in yet? For muley and 'lope? Expecting to draw? Or just get a point?

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook!

I'm in for a mule deer tag and may buy some leftover doe antelope tags if there are any in the unit where we normally hunt.

Going to get points for deer and antelope. Will spend all my time trying to get a good moose. Maybe draw a couple doe antelope tags to fill while moose hunting.

I'll only buy points this year since I have an antelope hunt, a couple deer hunts and an elk hunt already and I don't want to further muddy the water.

The Game & Fish will get more money from me for nothing (except points) this year.

"That ain't workin' that's the way you do it. Money for nothin' and your chicks for free".

Zeke

Want to take a stab and predict what odds will be for Region G with 4 points in the special draw?
I'm selling back a week of vacation at work this week and apply on Thursday.

Regardless if I draw or not, I will be in Wyoming this summer scouting.

"Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak. So
we must and we will."
Theadore Roosevelt

>Want to take a stab and
>predict what odds will be
>for Region G with 4
>points in the special draw?
>
>I'm selling back a week of
>vacation at work this week
>and apply on Thursday.
>
>Regardless if I draw or not,
>I will be in Wyoming
>this summer scouting.

4PPs was a 90% draw last year in the Special, so my guess is it will drop to 50% this year, maybe a little lower or better, but nothing near 100%. I wish you luck Sir, as it's a fantastic area with some gorgeous country!

Topgun...
I've seen the odds for the last few years. Last year was 89.9%. You are correct.
A friend thinks this year, 4 points will be 70-75% odds. I thought closer to 50%
Guess we will see. Cross your fingers and pray for me?

we must and we will."
Theadore Roosevelt

>Topgun...
>I've seen the odds for the
>last few years. Last year
>was 89.9%. You are correct.
>
>A friend thinks this year, 4
>points will be 70-75% odds.
>I thought closer to 50%
>
>Guess we will see. Cross your
>fingers and pray for me?

You got it pardner! Let us know when the results come out late next month.

I'm guessing it'll take 5 points in the special to draw G and 5.5 in the regular. If you factor in the random tags, maybe a hair better. I wouldn't think 4 points would do it.

It doesn't sound like you found anyone to share points with BillyBoB?

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook!

Founder....
Unfortunately I didn't. I have met and talked to a few awesome people on this site who have given me some sound advice. A couple have offered to share points with me but have fewer points than myself. So there is no real benefit there considering the work I will be putting in this summer.

I was alittle shocked to be honest. For a couple reasons.
1-I have helped others on this site before through Pms and conversations. But have also helped some in the field.
2- I thought it was a fair trade. But my offer was only going to help someone in my same situation. Except for where they sat with points. Maybe I asked too late. Who knows. But I wasn't going to ask for a hand out.

I'm sure there are many on this site, you included, who understands a hunters dream to chase mule deer in that country. Which was why I mad the proposal to begin with. I don't want to buy another point and wait another year. I'm just that guy who wants that opportunity while I'm fairly still young enough to get around up there.

If I don't draw Wyoming...then I'll be perfectly content with chasing after some big deer in the unit I drew in Utah.

How is your scouting service going? Any takers?

we must and we will."
Theadore Roosevelt

In for deer and elk. Those lope stink too much! All random for me. Might draw every yr / might never draw!

Waiting to see if I draw something in NV first. If I don't I will put in for an antelope tag and pts for deer and elk. If I do draw then pts for everything in WY.

"Go hunt for meat at Walmart."

All depends on NV. If I draw a tag in NV it will be points. If I don't I have 8 antelope points burning a hole in my pocket.

Rich

>If I'm just applying for pts
>do I need to apply
>by May 31

The PP application period is 7/1-10/31.

I just put my dad in for Region G low price. He has 1 point, so drawing is not likely. I'm a resident and will just buy a general tag for deer.

I'm in for deer (drew last year and battled crappy weather to say the least), points only for antelope and elk.

We are in for lopes. Put in the special draw as I really want to take a buddy who is trying to kill a lope with a very special rifle his dad left to him. Hoping to draw, no guarantee.

Waiting for NV results tomorrow before putting in. If not I am burning my 9 Antelope points on 57 or 61 or 64! Not really sure what to do with my 9 deer points at this point.. Good problems to have i guess....

Will hopefully draw our pronghorn tag this year. As far as deer, still collecting till pronghorn points are gone. Then will apply for deer, want to space out my out of state hunts so I don't have so many in one year. Want to enjoy them and not feel pressured on any...
Elk will be the last one to be applied for in WY (2018???? would be great, that means I draw the other two in '16 and '17 :) ).

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

I'm in for antelope and deer should draw an antelope tag again this year I sure hope so, deer I'm going random with a longshot so probably not.

In for Region G with 6 points regular draw. Hope this is enough points to draw. I have hunted H alot, but this will be the first time hunting region G.

Put in today should draw out for Antelope and put in for a Deer unit near our Antelope Hunt but I have no idea if I will draw.

My application is in. Special draw for deer in Region G with 4 PP.
I ain't getting any younger!
Good luck to everyone in the draw.

we must and we will."
Theadore Roosevelt

Colorado season dates this year will take a little pressure off G, but I bet it still moves closer to 5 points in the special and heads towards 6-7 in the next couple years.

Max points for Deer and Lope. Put in for the red desert for lope for the oldest son and I for his college graduation present!

Best wishes to all those that are putting in to draw out this year. Hunting Wy has always been one of the highlights of the years that i have drawn and gone. I'm PP's only this year but will be seriously after getting drawn for both lopes and deer next year, my last out of state trip.

Good Luck guys!!

Joey

Keep your slimy Paws Off My, Yours, Our,.. Public Land!!!

Just finished my application. Will do points again for Deer, but I'm in for an Antelope permit. Not too much free time in September, so an Antelope hunt would really fit in well for me. Goodluck guys.

Cow elk area 31, a cow/calf elk, doe antelope, and general deer tag. Hope to be filling the freezer this fall.

I ended up putting in for region G with 5pts in the special draw. With all the talk of G this season I'm not even sure that 5pts will be guaranteed for a tag this season!

With a few mild winters in a row and point creep really kicking in, I figured it's now or possibly never. Once the results come out I'll have to begin my scouting plans since this will be my first trip to the Wyoming range.

Bull Elk Limited/General 57
Reduced Cow/Calf 48
Buck Deer Limited/General 43
Reduced Doe/Fawn(whitetail) 27
Buck Antelope 38
Three Tri-Fecta 90
Three Bison Super 30
Three Sheep Super 30
Three Moose Super 30
Three Mt.Goat Super 30
0ne Deer Super 10
-----
Not as bad as the non-residents but you could always move here....

py

On the sidelines this year. Will probably be wishing I applied in a couple months when the draw results come out.

Deer max points
Antelope -6 points

Put in for region W . Just hoping to draw a tag for my son and I can hunt before he goes to college next year. Did the special draw and don't really care about how big they are. Been 30 years since I've hunted that area

>I ended up putting in for region G with 5pts in the >special draw. With all the talk of G this season

You should've put with all the hype of G this season.

One thing no one is talking about was the huge fawn die off during the winter of 2010. Those bucks would've been hitting their prime this year. How come we never get to see all the pic's of the 130 & 140 bucks that guys are shooting towards the end of their hunts.

95 antelope with buddy as non res with 9 points betwinkst us. Probably not enough. 1st time applying Wyoming since elk one other time about 13 yrs ago. 1 outta 12 in Utah and Nevada so figured, what the heck. Not expecting the tag. Good luck to all in the draw.

>95 antelope with buddy as non
>res with 9 points betwinkst
>us. Probably not enough. 1st
>time applying Wyoming since elk
>one other time about 13
>yrs ago. 1 outta 12
>in Utah and Nevada so
>figured, what the heck. Not
>expecting the tag. Good luck
>to all in the draw.
>

Did you put in a second choice since your average will be a PP or two short even in the Special Draw for 95 unless you get lucky in the Random Draw?

TOPGUN, we put 100 as 2nd choice. Nothing 3rd. 100 looks as hard to draw, so not expecting it either. Not wanting to draw just to draw. Probably just go once, then be done. Looking at units not far to drive from my buddies in Salt Lake. I'm in Northern Nevada. Trying to hunt Nevada, Utah, now antelope in Wyoming is alot for me. Kids are starting to hunt now. Probably done over there once I draw.

>TOPGUN, we put 100 as 2nd
>choice. Nothing 3rd. 100 looks
>as hard to draw, so
>not expecting it either. Not
>wanting to draw just to
>draw. Probably just go once,
>then be done. Looking at
>units not far to drive
>from my buddies in Salt
>Lake. I'm in Northern Nevada.
>Trying to hunt Nevada, Utah,
>now antelope in Wyoming is
>alot for me. Kids are
>starting to hunt now. Probably
>done over there once I
>draw.

You're really only looking at a long shot in the Random Draw for 95 since you don't have enough PPs to draw it and last year there were 338 first choice applicants for only 8 tags. There is no way you can draw 100 as a second choice since last year there were 222 first choice applicants for just 5 tags in the Random Draw.

put in as a group (myself, two brothers, and dad) with an avg of 6.5 NR points in the special draw for 67 antelope. We struck out on elk tags this year so we decided to cash our points. Shouldn't have an issue drawing, it will be our first antelope hunt so we're looking forward to it!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom