draw question

coyoteslayer

Is there any talk about changing looking at all 5 hunt codes when your number is drawn, and maybe only looking at 1-2 hunt choices and then moving on to the next application? Looking at draw odds, Nevada is one tough state to draw for a non resident. Probably the first state I will give up on trying to get a tag. I have been putting in for many years, but may be time to give up on Nevada, which is sad, because I love the mountains of Nevada. For example, non resident archery 231 deer 981 apps for 2 tags. Rifle over 3,000 apps for 2 tags. Pretty tough odds. I think if they only allowed 2 choices, then maybe odds on some tags would get slightly better. I am not complaining, just stating the facts of drawing a tag are slim to none with no guarantee of ever getting a tag. I was able to get an FCFS tag a few years ago before they changed the rules and so my points are low now. I remember when a 114-115 archery tag only took 2 points. Now people with 11 are not drawing. Wish I could go back in time and take advantage of some better odds.

Even those of us who live in the state have hard difficulties drawing 231. I've been applying for years.

they way NV runs their draw, you really don't get above 15-19% pure odds even with max points. I've got 20 elk points and am sitting at 5-13% depending on the unit.

apparently I'm using up my luck in Wyoming as I've drawn Cody area tags at 5% odds 3 times in 5 years.....

I'd vote to change the rule to allow picking just one hunt code, instead of up to 5. That change would be likely to increase draw odds for those willing to settle for lesser demand hunts. With the extreme demand that now exists for all those hunts, the only reason to continue allowing multiple choices per species, is possibly to provide false solace among applicants for a better chance to draw.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom