Draw results are posted now.

Second Season Lookout Mtn Hair Tag!

No Deer or Antelope, and "shockingly", no ram tag!

"success Is Reason Enough!"

My old man drew his deer tag, bull tag and his antelope tag!

"success Is Reason Enough!"

I struck out all around. I even have 16 points for antelope. I thought I would get my Hart Mountain Refuge tag for sure this year.

I pulled the one non-res late muzz Metolius buck tag! Whoo hoo! My dad drew the Beulah Antelope tag. So far so good. Now anything here in WA will just be a bonus.
MS

>Wenaha bow Elk
>
>Beattys butte deer
>
>And this is for Damer-- You
>Suck!!!

How many points did you have? Resident?

Only got one lucky draw but I can't complain:) Drew 1st season rifle elk for Murderers Creek with 3 points so I'm happy.
Can't wait to get back in there!!!
Hope everyone also did well in their draws.

Are these results for real? Reason I ask is because it says I drew Bighorn Sheep 559A2.

I just checked a minute-and-a-half ago and my heart is still beating fast enough to make typing hard. I need to call my dad.

>Are these results for real?
>Reason I ask is because
>it says I drew Bighorn
>Sheep 559A2.
>
>I just checked a minute-and-a-half ago
>and my heart is still
>beating fast enough to make
>typing hard. I need
>to call my dad.

Congrats - your the first person I've seen post that drew a sheep tag so far this year. Lucky:)

>
>Congrats - your the first person
>I've seen post that drew
>a sheep tag so far
>this year. Lucky:)

Yeah, and as a non-resident, no less.
The first thing my dad said was "You should have drawn the John Day tag." :)

NO DEER-
NO ELK-
NO ANTELOPE-
NO KIDDING!

I guess over the counter tags this year.

200 SERIES ELK
OCHOCO UNIT NO. 1 (237X)
Unsuccessful
500 SERIES BIGHORN SHEEP
E JOHN DAY RVR NO 3 (543A3)
Successful for 543A3 11-21-2010
600 SERIES ANTLERLESS DEER
HOOD/HOOD RVR VALLEY (642A)
Unsuccessful
just checked my cousins apps, looks like i'm guiding a sheep hunt!!
3rd yr he has applied, i reminded him to go apply, he called from the counter to ask what unit to apply for, then he pulled a sheep tag!
meanwhile- i got skunked. it's going to be an awsome november!

Congrats Koyote~~!

~ I drew Imnaha deer tag for my sons youth mentorship hunt
~ Daughter drew Ochoco Cow youth tag
~ Wife drew upper willowa valley doe tag

Me...archery elk hunt! Nothing better than huntin with the family.

muleyman

I'll be dipped. Drew a deer tag.
Hunt Series Status Tag Sale Deadline Hunter Survey

100 SERIES BUCK DEER
N WARNER (174A)
Successful for 174A 10-01-2010

First time in 10 yrs of applying.

I got nothing!!

Oh and Damer does suck!!!

The cousin calling from the counter is a classic slap in the face and I think he qualifies as sucking too!!

Just Kidding CONGRATS TO ALL WHO DREW!!!

Bill

+1 Bill
Guys/people who draw sheep tags the 1st through 10th years are aboslutely aholes. You need to at least suffer for 10+ years....some of us 20 years and counting.:) Good luck to you all.

HK

>I drew a mule deer tag.
>
I got points coming out my a-hole, and did not draw sh!t. I wish I would have called my cousin! It does make me feel better that there are some losers on here as well!

no kidding, i'm at 21 yrs and nothing for sheep.

DAMER: what unit did you draw? or if you dont want to say, is it for rockies or california's

Applegate muzzie tag for blacktail and an elk tag for the sixes unit...gonna be a busy November and December!

Come on Wyoming........

Matt
"Opportunity is missed by most people
because its dressed in overalls
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

I drew Beulah rifle Deer and West Beulah 1st season any bull...goes without saying no Sheep...maybe my 22nd year will be a charm. Congrats to all!!! HAWK

No tags for my son's and I

But next year the bighorn gods with smile on me with 38 pref. points! :(

>Guys/people who draw sheep tags the
>1st through 10th years are
>aboslutely aholes. You need
>to at least suffer for
>10+ years....

I guess I'm in the clear as this was my 11th year!

At Last - the only non-res Wenaha Elk Bow is mine. I'll soon be hunting the wonderful state of OR!!!

Killerbee my tag is for Hurricane Divide! I've been re looking at the thing that says successful just to make sure I'm not dreaming! I'm 25 years old and feel like I'm the luckiest guy in the world!

Applegate muzzy. Latest biggame hunt for me ever.Gives me a reason to be away for Thankgiving

Draw Results are Posted Now

Congrats to all you guys who drew tags and better luck in the remaining draws for those of you who didn't pull a tag this year.
Believe me, I know the feeling after going 0 for "I lost count" in all the other western states draws.

Finally, after 12 years of applying, I drew the 2nd Whitehorse antelope tag. My 16 year old son drew the Gerber Reservoir and the North Bank Habitat 2 Columbia Whitetail tag. Non-resident from NorCal so not too bad of a drive.

If anyone has any words of wisdom on any of these hunts, please drop me a line. I have a little bit of time between now and the start of the hunts so I at least I now have a purpose in life to keep me going...

Horniac

RE: Draw Results are Posted Now

Nothing for me. My buddy didn't draw his Wenaha archery elk tag with 14 points. It looks like he should get it next year. He did get a whitehorse antelope tage I will go and video tape. Looks like I will be hunting blacktails and roosevelts this year. Congrats to all that got their tags.

Drew tag for Columbia Whitetail deer rifle hunt. I grew up hunting Eastern Whitetails so this should be a treat.

Congrats Elknut.

My tip:
Go to Ifish.net
search username BrianMaguire
Read his posts about Wenaha. He had the raffle tag last year and was fairly open about where he hunted and his experiences.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-17-10 AT 06:45AM (MST)[p]Thank you so much WapitiBob - I signed up and can use all the help I can get.

With my friends drawing UT Fishlake and Pahvant this year also, I think I'll be going solo on this hunt. I've never done a solo over 5 days and I must say it does get my blood pumping to think of it.

Congrats to all the lucky hunters.

After 14 years, finally got my Keating Antelope tag. Should be a fun hunt. Drew a cpl 2nd choices too....no sheep/goat tags....go figure! I will be 70 and too old to hunt them b4/if I ever draw in Oregon.

drew mt emily rifle bull...gave up on wenaha....still very excited!!!

You wont regret it! If you need a guide or packer, we are the only licensed and legal Outfitter in Mt Emily this Rifle elk season, so give us a call. We will be up there guiding rifle big bull hunters. Congratulations!

I drew Mt.Emily Bow so I should have a fun september also. I may need a packer if you're interested BMA if your guys aren't too busy that time of year. Some of those canyons are well worth a few bones to get one out of. Anyhow, should be a fun year!

tc

I drew the NR Mt Emily archery elk!Good luck to everyone on their hunts!
David

First time I'll be hunting in Oregon . Drew Ochoco No. 1 Looking forward to it .

sheepshooter...send me a PM if you are interested in some help in that unit.

muleyman

>sheepshooter...send me a PM if you
>are interested in some help
>in that unit.
>
>muleyman

Thank you , pm on the way . I appreciate it .

Drnaln, How many points did it take for that nonres mt emily tag? Hope to hear how you do down there. Good luck. nwhunter

>Drnaln, How many points did it
>take for that nonres mt
>emily tag? Hope to hear
>how you do down there.
>Good luck. nwhunter

I had 13 points!
David

Drew Northside any bull! Haven't hunted with my dad and buddies in a few years so hopefully this unit will be kind to us. Haven't hunted it before but we wil give her hell! Congrats to everyone who drew this year.

"Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

I definitely know how you feel, I'm 0 for 43 on Oregon bighorn, getting to age 70 ain't that far away. At least I got a Metolius Muzzy deer tag to ease the pain a little.

>I definitely know how you feel,
>I'm 0 for 43 on
>Oregon bighorn, getting to age
>70 ain't that far away.
> At least I got
>a Metolius Muzzy deer tag
>to ease the pain a
>little.

do you know the unit very well? i've done the late archery hunt and my wife has had the muzzy hunt 2 times. if you need any info, let me know. it can be a pretty dang good hunt, but 1 of my buddies had it one year, it was super hot the whole hunt, and he had trouble finding any mature deer with the does.

We will only be guiding and packing archery season on some private that I hunt, not on USFS. I will be on USFS and private for the rifle bull hunt though.

I will be able to pack out a bull during the archery season in only about half of Mt Emily unit this year. Rifle season I have a unit wide permit, so can pack out a bull or guide unit wide for rifle elk.

I prefer to guide my archery hunters on the private lands anyhow. I will be there most of the archery season. Stay in touch guys and good luck on your hunts!

>>I definitely know how you feel,
>>I'm 0 for 43 on
>>Oregon bighorn, getting to age
>>70 ain't that far away.
>> At least I got
>>a Metolius Muzzy deer tag
>>to ease the pain a
>>little.
>
>
>do you know the unit very
>well? i've done the late
>archery hunt and my wife
>has had the muzzy hunt
>2 times. if you
>need any info, let me
>know. it can be
>a pretty dang good hunt,
>but 1 of my buddies
>had it one year, it
>was super hot the whole
>hunt, and he had trouble
>finding any mature deer with
>the does.

Thanks, PM sent.

My son and I drew Wenaha#2 rifle. We each had 15 points. Looking forward to seeing a part of Oregon I have never seen before.

>I pulled the one non-res late
>muzz Metolius buck tag! Whoo
>hoo! My dad drew the
>Beulah Antelope tag. So far
>so good. Now anything here
>in WA will just be
>a bonus.
>MS

Beulah might require a trespass fee if he wants to kill a big lope. As far as the Metolius tag, no problem shooting a whooper. I have seen some of the bucks that have come out of there in the past. They had a problem with poaching the last few years but that shouldnt have hurt it too bad.

Hope we see some pictures of the success!

I agree with muleyman. Hire a guide. Jon Wick is the man you will want to hire in there. He works hard to get his clients good bulls. Never a slam dunk, but worth the money to have his services.

I know Muleyman and Bluemountain are right about hiring a guide for this one, but the money is just not there for it right now. We will give it our best shot as a DIY hunt. We will work hard at it and I am pretty sure there will be some memories relived in future years as we sit around the campfire. Hopefully all those exagerated campfire stories won't be about the one that got away!

Back
Top Bottom