Draw Results!

The LAST thing we need to be doing is calling and bugging NMDGF staff "are we there yet, are we there yet?" We've been blessed with early results for many years, but pestering them does no good and just wastes staff time.

This is 100% true. Oregon use to put the results out early. They got so tired of all the phone calls they switched it to the advertised date.

I guarantee he’s no the only one that’s called, and probably not the only one that’s called from this thread. I wish we didn’t fiend for results like we do. Shitty none the less

Why even call? They’re not gonna give an answer either way just gonna tell you to wait like everyone else. Just wasting their time and yours.

Bottom line this year draw process has been ugly to the outsiders looking in . The extra day to apply was total bs and unacceptable. from the outside looking in it appears as a revenue generator to send an email to your entire data base saying hey you have an extra day to apply looks fishy as hell (whether it was or not). and now to hold results when we know they are done its just looks bad. Perception is reality in this world and to me it looks shady . But leave it TO NM we cant ever get anything rigth

Bottom line this year draw process has been ugly to the outsiders looking in . The extra day to apply was total bs and unacceptable. from the outside looking in it appears as a revenue generator to send an email to your entire data base saying hey you have an extra day to apply looks fishy as hell (whether it was or not). and now to hold results when we know they are done its just looks bad. Perception is reality in this world and to me it looks shady . But leave it TO NM we cant ever get anything rigth
You think they are ready and they're just holding them laughing? Doubtful.

Someone once told me New Mexico was the land of mañana. :)

They might have corrected me about saying "Hatch chili peppers" too. Apparently they're Hatch peppers.

You think they are ready and they're just holding them laughing? Doubtful.
Hell ya, I dont put anything past the dems. They know most hunters are conservative, and with the amount of complaints they receievd for extending the draw they probly said **** them make them wait . Absolutly I think they would do that. Not saying its the case but, Do I think they would, you bet your ass i do . The dems in charge are nazis in this state and country

The longer they wait, the longer they can hold our $.
Just wondering - Are they allowed to collect interest while holding it?

I am hoping for a Friday 5pm now that today is blown up on us. Friday 5pm gives NMDGF the weekend off not answering the phone from everyone trying to figure out if they drew or not when the system crashes again.

There’s something seriously wrong if they aren’t ready. It’s all automated. It’s all computer coded so should be done instantaneously. The deadline was four weeks ago.
Deadline 4 weeks ago plus an extra day. It really makes one wonder. Ive always had my questions about the draw and if in some ways it can be rigged or manipulated Who knows? One other thing to note that I was told Again not saying its truth but was told by someone who was a part of the eplus, was that they have director allotment tags of up to 20% .Not sure the 20% is of each code or 20 % of all elk tags .... again dont shoot the messeanger

Also hilarious to me everyone wigging out like they missed the deadline. Consider it a courtesy to get them early every year
Actually, according to the originally published release date of 4/26, they haven't missed the deadline. Some people are just acting like spoiled kids right now given the early release in the past.

Actually, according to the originally published release date of 4/26, they haven't missed the deadline. Some people are just acting like spoiled kids right now.
But they moved the goal post on that one. Can’t find that now. It shows mid-late April, and has for a couple weeks now. And like I just stated, mine is just joking to pass the time. Some of it is serious, but mostly jokes.

But they moved the goal post on that one. Can’t find that now. It shows mid-late April, and has for a couple weeks now. And like I just stated, mine is just joking to pass the time. Some of it is serious, but mostly jokes.

Page 6 of the publications "
April 26 Big-game draw results are available online, by telephone or at NMDGF offices"

Yes, I understand that. but look online where it used to say that. It doesn’t say it anymore.
Don't think it's ever said the date on the website this year. This is the first year they've left it non-date specific. I just assumed they did that because it's always early so why give a date. But since the 26th is in the regs, I'm sure that the official date baring an issue that would push it past then. If that happened, I'm sure they would communicate it.

Don't think it's ever said the date on the website this year. This is the first year they've left it non-date specific. I just assumed they did that because it's always early so why give a date. But since the 26th is in the regs, I'm sure that the official date baring an issue that would push it past then. If that happened, I'm sure they would communicate it.
It was online. That’s where I found it when I was curious as to when it was.

FAFE175E-BFDA-416D-B663-C3963DBDF4D8.jpeg

Nevada can take all the applications, 5 choices per species, square your bonus points into millions of random numbers and turn it around in about a week....

The rest of the draw systems are a joke comparatively...
Nevada is the gold standard for how a draw should be run. They also have top notch customer service.

Nevada can take all the applications, 5 choices per species, square your bonus points into millions of random numbers and turn it around in about a week....

The rest of the draw systems are a joke comparatively...
You figure a draw could be done immediately after the deadline if they wanted. Texas typically does their draws the next business day.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom