Draw system

S

sagebucks

Should Nevada change it's draw system so that 50% of the tags in a unit go to max bonus points holders? This way some of the people who have max points can draw before they are too old. This might make it so it takes less time to draw a tag.

Absolutely not! The current system offers more than enough advantage to those in longest. Tags are too limited to give entitlements to the top a pyramid scam..

LAST EDITED ON Apr-13-10 AT 07:40PM (MST)[p]i think nevada has the best draw system , by far . they should leave it alone {unless they change it to somehow give me a sheep tag}

Best draw system of all the states! Everyone has a chance to draw even on their 1rst try & I have 14 elk points with no tag yet but still rate it the best!
David

Thanks guys I was just wondering what people thought. I am just tired of hearing all these people complain about having 10+ points and not drawing.

NO NO NO Leave it as it is...

If they have that many points for deer then it is no ones fault but there own for not being able to hunt. That goes for res and non res. If it is for any other species then they have to understand that there just isn't that many tags.

If any state should leave their drawing and bonus point system exactly like they have it, Nevada is that state. I've got 12 pronghorn and 11 elk points, 10 for deserts and Californias, and I have no problem with the system being like it is. I've drawn deer and pronghorn tags in the past, and am willing to wait my turn for my next tags. They give out relatively few tags for most species other than deer, so it's gonna take some time for most, but you still have a chance your first year. It is a better system than any other state, IMO.

CAelknuts, you're way over due on a couple of those animals...12 for pronghorn wow! I drew with 4 and had a great hunt. I can only amagine the goats you'll be looking over. Good luck.

No. Constantly changing things is the fastest way to make a point system fail. This is at least the third system in Nevada that I remember and this is by far the best. I believe the points squaring started a few years ago goes a long way towards accomplishing the same thing without breaking the system for lower point holders.

yes they should change, but not for the bonus points. They should make all entries come online, let the computer run the entries the day after the deadline, and then post the results the following day....its like an easy button

The welfare draw gets people to burn their points. I wish they would open it to everyone, residents as well.
The system is the best i.m.o. of the western states.
Cabuck

The one thing they need to do is add your age to the number of bonus points before they square them. That way us old farts can draw a couple of tags before we go to the happy hunting grounds!

I agree with that, Sage. My Dad is 65 and we were putting in our apps online this evening. I applied for an elk point and I started to ask him if he was going to want to buy a point. Realizing how cheap he is....and how old he is, he'd probably never draw a tag before he's too old to hike the mountains. It's too bad....

Steve

Best draw in the system bar none. I have NR points totaled in every species with 15 for Elk. My 2 sons also have points so we should be going on some nice hunts in the near future. I did contact NDOW about talk that had anyone with 10 or more bonus points having their points doubled and squared. In other words if you have 10 points it would become 20 and then squared. Recieved an email and the idea got shot down.

wow, that's a interesting idea. If you're 60, that would give you a lot of damn draw numbers.
I vote no also. It's a great system. leave as is.

That age deal sounds kinda good,other wise let ur ride,

Jim

You don't have to be the best,just good
as the best,forget the rest.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom