drawn X7B GENERAL SEASON BUCK DEER

trophyfever

APPRECIATE ANY HELP ROADS AND BEST AREAS TO HUNT COME OCTOBER. ALSO, CAMP WITH 30 FT 5TH WHEEL

DO SOME SCOUTING IN SEPTEMBER. HEARD THERE WILL BE JUNIOR TAGS ISSUED IN SAME AREA.

THANKS

I think what DW is saying is you need to be a little more specific. You won't get much help if you don't do a little work on your own. Maybe ask...I'm looking at mountain x and canyon y near road z...anyone been there? Good luck on your hunt. PLEASE turn your caps off. It implies yelling.
Aaron

Ok you will probably be the last guy I try and give advise for on this unit because every time I try and help some one else some one thinks I am crazy and that I am giving bad info.Dont hunt up high on Verdi peak yes there are deer there but for the most part all I see are average bucks 18 to 24 inch of coarse you may find a decent buck but chances are slim half of the other tag holders will be there all so. Hunt what the average joe would consider winter ground down as close to Verdi as you can or any of the canyons you can access off 80 near the border.

>is that the unit in the
>town of Verdi......?

Verdi is in nevada,but close to the border. make sure you know the border line before hunting. a guy can get into big trouble along the line.

Hunted that unit years ago and we thought that we would start on the Nevada side of the mountain. we saw nothing for the first two days so we picked up and went around the mountain on the California side and we found all kinds of deer. I suggest you go up in early September as these deer move around in a lot in this zone. We were high on the mountain on the highway 89 side. hope this helps

What deer hunter says is true you will see way more deer to the west does,does and more does with some bucks usualy smaller.if you hunt that lower country it will be for the most part bucks only ,needle in the hay stack type hunting but when you find one he will be the one that you don't have to look at twice to decide to pull the trigger on for the most part.

Really hot up there today, high 80's by noon, pushing 90 soon after! Made for tough scouting. Stayed east almost all day. With the mild winter, and hopefully a few more thunderstorms before the season starts, the deer look very healthy.

Couldn't believe the amount of folks on the west side! Boca had hundreds of people camped out in the blazing sun at noon, did not look enjoyable.

Why is it the east side harbors so many damn paintballers? Every time I hit this particular spot, it's loaded with paintballers. Fortunately this time they're not in my specific area.

Verdi peak early in season but they drop off the mt. when all the hunters move in sit and watch the trails as they will be moving down n out...used to hunt it back in the 80's....glass ur asss off....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom