DREAM HUNT!

R

RACKMASTER

OK what would be the one you would pick! As I speak I am
watching the OLN show "HUNTING 201" and these guys are hunting
MOOSE in the YUKON! NOT MOOSIE IN THE YUKON!LOL(and they are looking for a 65"er). They took a 62 incher. Looks great... So the YUKON MOOSE HUNT Would be my dream hunt! Lets hear what would be your DREAM HUNT!
RACKMASTER

Its been 7 years since I was on the Mulchatna drainage tundra and my knees still havent gotten over it :(

As for my dream hunt thats easy: African Plains Antelope, specifically Kudo. I just love the twist of those horns. Would love to pick up 5-7 misc antelope on top of that but Kudo, a 50" incher is the dream.

-DallanC

One of my suppliers went on that hunt last year I think!
I will have to ask him! Same guy just put money down on a "RED STAG" hunt next year! Actually hes wife pays for his over seas hunts! Still trying to figure it out,hes has like 7 grown kids from other marriages(4)! Hes kinda nerdy! He must be part horse!lol!
Jack

well a high country trophy muley hunt ranks pretty high, as does a marco polo sheep hunt. but i'd have to say my number one would be to chase the big 5 over in africa. throw in a couple plains game to fill the down time and that'd be my dream hunt. and do it all with a 470 nitro double rifle.

Krusty.jpg

African plains game.... less than 4 months and counting!! Next would be a muzzleloader Brown Bear hunt somewhere.

AntlerQuest Hunt Consulting

Mine would be an Alaskan Moose and a Griz hunt, either a coastal or an inland I'm not picky. If it was the perfect dream hunt it'd be for Moose, Griz, black bear, Dall Sheep, Caribou, mtn goat....

A close second would be a trip to Africa, Plains game and one dagga boy. Eland, Kudu, Gemsbok, impala, bushbuck, and one black death aka Cape buffalo.

Its fun to dream, great thread

I dream every day of going on different hunts, but I still don't know what I would do if I could pick only one.
Any of the sheep hunts probably rank the highest on my list, a red stag second, another elk hunt or a Caribou hunt third, maybe a Sitka Blacktail hunt or anything up in Alaska would be fine to.
This is fun.......hope it happens in my lifetime. :)

Lien2

Well, i am at 6 mo. and counting on my Dall hunt. Thats the one i always wanted. Just now buying a good digital camera, for the hunt. Big elk anywhere is, and has been the focal point. But I am looking real hard at a African Plains Game hunt soon i believe. DeerKing I would be really interested in talking to you about your African plains game hunt in the future. YD. ( i really like using all caps much better ).

I go on my dream hunt every year. I hunt the high country on the general deer hunt in idaho. The only thing that would make it better is of course a 250 buck. To me there is nothing like the high country and the challenge that comes with it mentally and physically. Not to mention the scenery.

Bigole5

As an easterner, my dream hunt ( for now at least ! )would be elk hunting in the high country, in late september. I'm planning for 2006...

martinc

A dall sheep hunt is way up. I also want to pack into the Bob Marshall during the elk rut. The one tag i really want to draw is my Shiras moose tag, that would be one hell of a hunt.

I would really like to hang a Gemsbok on my wall-what a neat looking animal. I also want a giant caribou, and I don't care what part of the world it comes from, just so it's in the velvet! A must for any trophy room.

LOL Rimrock338, me too!

A moose hunt in Alaska where I would have enough time to stay up there and finish eating it.

Steve

Still can't think of anything on earth I'd rather kill than a 40 incher in the sagebrush!

264 Magnum
What are the odds on the draw??
Ya giving any bonus points??? RIMROCK

<IF IT BLEEDS WE CAN KILL IT>

Stone or Bighorn sheep. Some day I will draw my BH tag!

Maybe an african lion and rhino, then have my big5.

High fence whitetail in a heated blind over a corn feeder.

Close second, A big, high mountian bull with my smokepole during the rut. I just can't see anything more exciting than muleys and elk for me.

>264 Magnum
>What are the odds on the
>draw??
>Ya giving any bonus points??? RIMROCK
>
>
><IF IT BLEEDS WE CAN KILL IT>
>
>
tags are strictly first come first serve. they're all landowner tags with one governor's tag that usually goes for about $120k.

Krusty.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Feb-04-05 AT 08:24PM (MST)[p] 264Magnum : I'll be coming from out of state so can I send you a money order
for a few grand to hold me a spot? RIMROCK

<IF IT BLEEDS WE CAN KILL IT>

I have fortunatly got do do alot of my dream hunts. I got to spend a year in Africa and then six months in New Zealand. I was guiding in both. Along the way, I was fortune enough to be able to harvest a long list of animals that I have dreamed of hunting since I was a small kid. Now that I have got all that guiding out of my system for the time being, I have always dreamed of taking a High Altai Argali in Mongolia. I think they are the ultimate trophy. If I had to pick one trophy over in the US, it would have to be a 200" bighorn, or a 400" net typical bull elk with a smokepole. Ahhhh, to dream!!
Scottyboy

I'm with you Scottyboy on the high Altai Argali! My favorite is Mule Deer though so Ariz. Strip Governors tag since money is no object in our dreams. Alaska float trip for Moose, Griz and Caribou is also on my list.

World record Trophy Turtles with eelgrass and 264Magnum would be the the kicker and having PC furnish the Bud.

Brian

I'm a little disappointed in the MM gang. I thought we were all muley nuts and here almost everybody has a dream hunt that's not for a mule deer. I'd have several dream hunts. All for muleys and not an other critter. The Arizona strip, Mexico with Huntsonora, B.C with BCBOY, Alberta, the Jicarilla, a hunt with Deerking in Colorado, a couple of the great spots in Utah, a special muzzleloader hunt in 45 in Idaho. Maybe even a hope to someday hunt those studs in Saskatchewan. There - that's a good list of real hunts to dream about.

Is and always will be a mountain goat hunt. Guess i got to keep on praying i can somehow draw one of the two wyoming tags. can't afford anything else...guess that is why it is a dream hunt.

I would like about 3 weeks in Alberta to hunt Rocky Mountain Bighorns with my bow. A 200" bighorn with a bow, yeeeeaaaa baby. A Marco Polo wouldn't be to shaby either.

There's only one for me and that is a true Monster Muley! Doesn't have to be 30", or 200bc, just some nice mass either typical or non.

There are numerous other hunts I want to do, but all lag behind the trophy I've wanted for 30 plus years.

Ed

Monster Muleys are my favorite game, but for type of hunt I would like to

Go on a Africa Safari, hunt every thing there is to hunt there

Go with a big pack string many miles into the wilderness and hunt elk that have never seen a human

Chase a Big Mountain Lion up a tree with hounds

Hunt Mexico for mulies and cous

Hunt Alberta or Sask. for whitetail and mulies

Those are my dream hunts today, always changing...

WB

I watched a DVD on Argali sheep, and Marco Polo's. I would say that either one of those would be the hunt of a lifetime. They are the king of king's. Just look at this trophy (and not this is not my mount, I just found it on a taxidermist's website. Amazing animal, and beautiful mount).
marcopolo2.JPG

Cape buffalo in Africa would be very high on my list, also.

that happens on my computer sometimes. haven't figured out why. just click the button that says 'expand threads', that oughta take care of it for you.

Krusty.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom