Dream Hunts

mntman

Long Time Member
Been kinda quiet on here even with the season starting, so for those of us still waiting for the hunt to start, any one going on their dream hunt this year?

Dad and I are going on ours. Going to alaska for moose, we have been saying we want to go for 10 years and are finally getting it done :). This will be our 1st hunting trip up there. These last 17 days are going to drag by at a dead snails pace :-(

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

My dream hunt for America would be a combo hunt for Mountain Grizz and Bighorn Sheep. I am only about 40k short though :( I guess thats why they call them dreams.....

That's great that you are finally living your dream. For me, I'm thinking a moose, caribou, mountain goat combo would be my dream hunt.

Making me jealous Mtnman, That sounds crazy fun. Are you doing a river drop hunt? Me and a buddy almost went on that hunt but our wives thought we needed houses, cars, food. I told them they were both material girls. Enjoy yourselves and whack some bruisers...........

Dont know when ill get to do it. But im gonna have to go with Cape Buffalo in Tanzania or Zimbabwe depending on when, fair chase spot and stalk archery.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -- Abraham Lincoln

BreederBuck, we are doing a drop hunt but we will have a boat because we will be hunting the backwaters/flooded area off the main channel of the river so it is kinda like a float/drop combo. Dad is getting up in the years and we decided we didn't want to set up and tear down camp every day taking away from hunting time.

We are flipping out with excitement :) I will have a black bear tag too, just in case.

Like the one guys post on here where his line is always you'll die before you run out of money, I have to agree. We seemed to find a reason not to go for 10 years and I finally just said this is enough we are going :) best decision I ever made :)

Mntman

While I have been fortunate to do a couple of great hunts in the last two years; Caribou in the NWT and muley/whitey combo in Alberta, the hunt I dream of doing is a old fashioned horseback into the Wyoming wilderness for elk and muleys.

There is something appealing to me doing that type of hunt with the comforts of wall tents, big camp fires and the wilderness.

I also hope to draw a sheep tag someday.

This year is a New Mexico archery elk hunt, which I am stoked for. Two more weeks till I head south with my brother-in-law!

Ed
48adb50377832ccf.jpg

www.huntpacks.com

Just booked my two dream hunts this year. Dall Sheep in 2009 and S. Africa in 2010. I'm going insane!! I haven't actually booked the Africa yet but I did get the ok from my wife so I am in the process of deciding who to go with. Any suggestions?

Im going crazy !!! I cant decide which is my dream hunt !!! Ive been fortunate enough to go to africa already but would love to go to tanzania this time or alaska dall sheep or stone sheep in canada or even a true trophy elk hunt in arizona maybe or alberta whitetails, well I guess I'll keep on dreaming. Gary

That is awesome you got those hunts lined up! Those are definately some awesome experiences you'll have!
Mntman

Marley we went with bobbyhansensafaris.com Had a great trip in South Africa. That was 02 and still remember things every day about the trip it was so incredible. Gary

I'd have to say Aisa sheep hunting. urials, marco polo, argalis, and ibex. I'm only about $150,000 shy though.

in my dreams i end up going to jellystone hunting two bears that keep stealing picanic baskits.[not misspelled just how yogi would say it]
the hunt I'd like this year is elk 8.5 miles from my house that the game and fish forgot to draw my name for.
dang computer wish i could rig it so it drew my name every year for the same tag. i average every two to three years for it.
I'm a home hunter love hunting at home but I'd take a big muley hunt in Canada or where ever they are getting 200" muleys
never hunted out of state or even a guided hunt maybe someday I'll get rich and famous.

Someday I will go to Africa, but, believe it or not what I would like most is a big special Mule Deer Buck.

200" heavy dark horned. I cant think of anything I would rather shoot, though a trip to Africa would be a blast.

Been dreaming of a caribou or maybe a moose hunt lately. Just seems like all the little life problems keep sapping my $$$. Maybe my son and I can go when he graduates from college??

Phantom Hunter

This ones easy! I leave in 8 days for Utah LE Archery Elk, never in my wildest dreams did I think I would draw! Good Hunting to All!

Sukie

I'm going on one of my dream hunts this year! Az. strip for a big old mule deer. I would also like a High Altai Argali hunt though.

Sukie, which unit? I drew the SSDM tag last year at the expo in SLC, not the greatest unit but I had a blast and can hardly wait till next time, the disappointing part was that I ended the hunt on the second evening :)

Mntman

mntman,

Panguitch Lake is the unit, I'm prepared to hunt the last 12 days of the season, but could sure get over the "disappointment" of ending my hunt early. I can hardly wait, this a type of hunt I may never see again as far as quality of animal(from what I hear). I'm just trying not to put to much pressure on myself with expectations, I don't want to have to shoot a "pisscutter" you know! Good luck to all!

Sukie

Best of luck Sukie, Hope you get the one you're looking for that is a great unit. I get into the trap once in a while of the score prior to the hunt but once the hunt starts I quickly remember why I am out there :)

Mntman

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom