Dutton Late Muzzy.

gitrdun

My father-in-law has a late season muzzy tag and it's been tough. We have seen a handful of small bucks and one decent buck out of range. I don't know much about the unit, but I have logged several miles hiking and glassing away from roads. The Duttons have some pretty amazing habitat but as far as I can tell it doesn't hold much deer?

My father-in-law has a late season muzzy tag and it's been tough. We have seen a handful of small bucks and one decent buck out of range. I don't know much about the unit, but I have logged several miles hiking and glassing away from roads. The Duttons have some pretty amazing habitat but as far as I can tell it doesn't hold much deer?
Update: Moved south of Antimony yesterday and it's looking promising.

I don’t know the Dutton well enough to offer any advice but it’s great to see sportsmen stepping up and helping another hunter. Play it forward when you get a chance. Hope you and your Father In Law are successful and begin home a mature muley. All the best.

I don’t know the Dutton well enough to offer any advice but it’s great to see sportsmen stepping up and helping another hunter. Play it forward when you get a chance. Hope you and your Father In Law are successful and begin home a mature muley. All the best.
Thank you, all. All the information that has been provided has definitely made the hunt more promising. We've seen a couple mature bucks but haven't been able to seal the deal. Over all if the tag isn't filled it's all good. It's been a fun experience.

Well, that's a wrap. This hunt was one of the funnest I've experienced in a while even though my father-in-law went home empty handed. We can't express how grateful we are with all the info we received. It's nice to see a general unit with a handful of mature bucks on it. That being said, prepare to work you a$$ off finding one of those majestic creatures. THANK YOU ALL!!!

So gitrdun?

What'd You Guys End Up Seeing?

How Was The RUT Activity?

We Were Sure Hoping Your FIL Would Score On A Buck!

Sounds Like You Guys Did Have Some Fun Though!

Well, that's a wrap. This hunt was one of the funnest I've experienced in a while even though my father-in-law went home empty handed. We can't express how grateful we are with all the info we received. It's nice to see a general unit with a handful of mature bucks on it. That being said, prepare to work you a$$ off finding one of those majestic creatures. THANK YOU ALL!!!

I’ve seen some great rutting bucks on there over the years hunting antlerless elk. I almost had considered burning my points on a late muzzy tag there back in 2021, ended up going with a unit closer to home. Such a fun hunt.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom