E-Tags

BulleBull

Just wanting to see if anyone used this option during the season and what your opinions on it? Likes/dislikes? Give us your thoughts.

Overall I'm not a big fan of it. Only plus is not losing your tag. But overall more effort going through the e tag imo. I wont be choosing it in 2020.

Never have chose the E-Tag option.

You still have to write down a nunber no matter what and keep it with you or have a pic and a phone if in a no service area, so what's the difference...?

I didn't chose them but from the guys I know that did they were a bit of a wreck. Some wouldn't let them tag even with the app open before losing service. One of my buddies had it the E-Tag tag his elk on the wrong day out of the hunt date. Sounds like there was lots of problems with it.

I like the old fashion stick a tag on it, I like the new sticky tags but they need to be a little more durable

Others echo my thoughts.

E-tags have all of the hassle of electronics plus all of the hassle of having to tag an animal physically.

I can see no benefit to using this method. NMDGF attempted to create an "easy" way to tag animals using new smart phone technology but the process they came up with is more hassle than its worth.

I did not select e-tag option and won't do so unless HUGE improvements are made.

I agree the sticker tags would be better if they were a little more robust, but as long as you're careful when peeling and sticking they work fine.

Infinitely better than the poacher's dream "just print another one and continue hunting" system we had before. That was an utter joke and the abuse of that system was unreal from what I've heard.

Carl

I prefer the physical tag. Only problems I had #1 my ball point pen didn't like writing on the tag. My other problem was self inflicted tags don't taste very good.
Mike

Thanks guys for all the great feedback! I was very skeptical also about this new method of tagging and if it could really work as efficiently as NMDG&F was hoping. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

>I prefer the physical tag. Only
>problems I had #1 my
>ball point pen didn't like
>writing on the tag.
>My other problem was self
>inflicted tags don't taste very
>good.
>Mike

We haven't been signing. If a game officer questions the response will be to not use a plastic coated paper you dingy.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom