Early Feb. sheds

M

mhalkychris

LAST EDITED ON Feb-09-11 AT 11:15AM (MST)[p]Picked up Saturday 2/5/11.

1142shed_pics.jpg

this debate will go on and on and on..... I beleive if you don't pressure the deer and the winter conditions are being favorable like they are in many places this year, you will not harass the deer. I see both sides of the argument and I will not pressure deer but I will not be the last person out looking for antlers either. If I find an area with deer I will usually come back when the snow clears and if the snow is clear I will walk out and pick up the sheds. Around my area, the deer have already started to move back up into higher elevations.

No deer pressure was applied. I drove up to them on the farm during the middle of the day. They were within 5 feet of each other.

Those little ones got character.hopefully you can keep tabs on him.It will be intresting to see what he turns into.

I picked up a four point side a week ago yea i think its early but i don't care who ya are when you spot a brown horn out the window of your truck through your scope your going to get it. Wearing flat bottom work boots and all lol.

i like to think majority of guys on this website care enough about the animals and the land that they know when they can go out in their areas to pick up horn. we all have the itch right about now to get out. all this firemarshall bill guy needs to shut it with all this tellin people its too early and according to his ethics he wouldnt do such a thing.... good job on the horns keep it up. little ones are pretty sweet with those unique forks

Thanks for the positive comments, this is my first post on monstermuleys. I was a little surprised about getting blasted about harassing deer just because I had one drop early and got the coveted "gimme". It has been a long winter and I among many others am ready for some time out doing something we all enjoy. The small buck walked with a limp in his back hip, I thought he had been hit by a car and wouldn't make it but he is still kickin.

It's not early as long as deer aren't being pushed off winter range. Trouble is, most of the MM crowd isn;t smart enough to figure that out. Nice find and keep on posting...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom