Early Results

RioHuntNutt

LAST EDITED ON Apr-21-14 AT 11:19AM (MST)[p]The early results aka "back door method" is accurate for deer , Barbary, and Oryx. If you are allowed to purchase private land tags and you get all the way to the check out where it prompts you to choose either cc or check, than you did NOT draw for this animal.Congrats to those who did and sorry for us that didn't.Antelope,Bighorn and Elk yet to be released...Game and Fish should just release the entire results now that this much is out.....

LAST EDITED ON Apr-21-14 AT 02:27PM (MST)[p]Ibex is the same as Oryx, Deer and Barbary sheep. If you drew a tag it will not let you purchase an off mountain Ibex tag. You can also check to see if you drew BHS. If you go to your "My Account" and scroll down to the very bottom and you see a BHS under your Once in a Life time section you drew BHS. So really the only thing unknown in the draw is Antelope and Elk.

TRC

If your right about the Big Horn sheep than my 12 year old daughter pulled either her first choice which was Fran Cristobal Unit 20 or the Hatchet Mnts Unit 26. I looked under her account info and there it was! I pray your right! Please lord! She might kill a Desert Big Horn before i do! WOW who would of thought that!

Hey junior.Yeah a bit but its understandable, everyone just wants to know what their fall season holds for them here in NM.

>If your right about the Big
>Horn sheep than my 12
>year old daughter pulled either
>her first choice which was
>Fran Cristobal Unit 20 or
>the Hatchet Mnts Unit 26.
> I looked under her
>account info and there it
>was! I pray your
>right! Please lord!
>She might kill a Desert
>Big Horn before i do!
> WOW who would of
>thought that!

Holy crap! I'm crossing my fingers for you that it's right. :)

5Ycoues,,,,it's only for Barbary, ibex,deer and oryx...Anything you can buy a private land tag for big game....Not sure what your seeing on her account...

>>If your right about the Big
>>Horn sheep than my 12
>>year old daughter pulled either
>>her first choice which was
>>Fran Cristobal Unit 20 or
>>the Hatchet Mnts Unit 26.
>> I looked under her
>>account info and there it
>>was! I pray your
>>right! Please lord!
>>She might kill a Desert
>>Big Horn before i do!
>> WOW who would of
>>thought that!
>
>Holy crap! I'm crossing my
>fingers for you that it's
>right. :)

Holly cow! I mean sheep! You may want to get her to pick some powerball numbers to. I hope she gets it!

>If your right about the Big
>Horn sheep than my 12
>year old daughter pulled either
>her first choice which was
>Fran Cristobal Unit 20 or
>the Hatchet Mnts Unit 26.
> I looked under her
>account info and there it
>was! I pray your
>right! Please lord!
>She might kill a Desert
>Big Horn before i do!
> WOW who would of
>thought that!

Hope it's correct for her. The question is did you put her in for the youth hunt or OIL?

I just checked again, this is what it shows under her account.

Once in a lifetime

Active YBD/RAM Desert Bighorn Sheep/All Weapon Types RAM OIL while youth I put her in for first choice BHS-1-122 Fra Cristobal Mountain Youth Only Second choice was BHS-1-103 Unit 45 Pecos mountains Youth Only Third choice was BHS-1-114 Unit 26 Hatchet mountains not youth only. The way I see it, it has to be the Youth only Tag in unit 20 right? Holy Crap!

That would be really cool but youth hunts are not considered OIL the way I understand it. The reason I am assuming this is because I put my daughter in for youth oryx. I try and buy a non draw tag and it tells me she already has one. Then when I check the OIL area in the My Account section it is empty. Either way we should know in 48 hours for sure.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-21-14 AT 03:48PM (MST)[p]This is such a joke. Everyone partying they drew an Ibex, Oryx, Barbary & BH sheep when the odds are 2% and less. Ya right. Unless NMF&G expanded tag quotas 50 fold.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, NRA, UWC & DP Hate Club

>LAST EDITED ON Apr-21-14
>AT 03:48?PM (MST)

>
>This is such a joke.
>Everyone partying they drew an
>Ibex, Oryx, Barbary & BH
>sheep when the odds are
>2% and less. Ya
>right. Unless NMF&G expanded
>tag quotas 50 fold.
>
>***********************************
>Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club,
>NRA, UWC & DP Hate
>Club

Zim it sounds like your back door doesn't show crap.

Hey,

That is pretty slick on the BHS. I checked my kids and myself. I'm a good test case because one of my son's drew a OIL BHS (youth) in 2010 and it shows up. Doesn't show up for sheep for the rest of us....

Nice technique!

Which hunt did your son draw in 2010? How'd he do? I don't want to get my hopes up for her, but things are pointing in the right direction!

Thanks

Jed

Youth BHS are once in a lifetime as a youth license. I know. as stated above my son's pecos youth tag from 2010 shows up in the OIL list as a youth once in a lifetime.

Zim, I've seen a handful of people claiming oryx tags, some deer tags, and some Barbary tags. Nobody is claiming ibex and one is claiming BHS. I don't think this is a joke... I wish it was. Tough draw for me too. Still hoping for antelope.

Check the draw odds for last year--they are much better than 2 percent for oryx, barbary, and deer. Your theory does hold for ibex and bhs, but very few people here are claiming those. So yeah, I do believe it will prove to be true.

>I just checked again, this is
>what it shows under her
>account.
>
>Once in a lifetime
>
>Active YBD/RAM Desert Bighorn Sheep/All
>Weapon Types RAM OIL while
>youth I put her
>in for first choice BHS-1-122
>Fra Cristobal Mountain Youth Only
> Second choice was BHS-1-103
>Unit 45 Pecos mountains Youth
>Only Third choice was
>BHS-1-114 Unit 26 Hatchet mountains
>not youth only. The
>way I see it, it
>has to be the Youth
only Tag in unit 20
>right? Holy Crap!

After rereading I would say she drew the OIL in unit 26 that was not a youth hunt.

Congrats to her if the back door is correct....

I put her in for the Youth hunt in unit 20 and the regular hunt in unit 26 Hatchet Mountains, after reading her account info it appears that it is the youth only tag in unit 20! I better relax, I don't want this thing to end badly! Good luck to everyone in the draws!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-21-14 AT 04:25PM (MST)[p]My account shows a Game License sold on 4/19/14 at 8:43am (I can even print off the actual license... it has been issued). I verified that I requested a refund if unsuccessful, so I must've drawn something.

I put in for Barbary, Deer, and Elk. I can add "Private-Land Deer" and "Barbary ES" tags to my account, so it wouldn't be either one of those.

That tells me that I must've drawn an elk tag.

WAHOO! 16D... Here I come!

Grizzly

Tell me that this Terk overturn isn't a great thing! Our first Resident Youth Desert Sheep Hunter!!!!

Yes!!!!!

>Tell me that this Terk overturn
>isn't a great thing!
>Our first Resident Youth Desert
>Sheep Hunter!!!!
>
>Yes!!!!!

Heard that!!!! I am THINKING my daughter and I both drew oryx on seperate applications. Hers a youth and mine a OIl....

ABQHUNTER,

My son's OIL from 2010 shows up today as:

Active YBR1RAM Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep, all weapon types, RAM, OIL while youth.

Your daughter is 99.99% sure going Desert Sheep Hunting!!!

Don't drive or operate haeavy machinery today. There is no way you will be safe!

Congratulations!

>Check the draw odds for last
>year--they are much better than
>2 percent for oryx, barbary,
>and deer. Your theory
>does hold for ibex and
>bhs, but very few people
>here are claiming those.
>So yeah, I do believe
>it will prove to be
>true.

I never said anything about deer.

Where are all these great odds hunts for oryx you're talking about? Unless you're military. The best I found either resident or nonresident was 4%, with most being ~2%. Barbary is the only one a little higher. But nothing like the % of folks chiming in here.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, NRA, UWC & DP Hate Club

Same here. I can print off my license as well. Sold as of 4/19. I am going elk hunting in the Gila. First rifle too.

>LAST EDITED ON Apr-21-14
>AT 04:25?PM (MST)

>
>My account shows a Game License
>sold on 4/19/14 at 8:43am
>(I can even print off
>the actual license... it has
>been issued). I verified that
>I requested a refund if
>unsuccessful, so I must've drawn
>something.
>
>I put in for Barbary, Deer,
>and Elk. I can
>add "Private-Land Deer" and "Barbary
>ES" tags to my account,
>so it wouldn't be either
>one of those.
>
>That tells me that I must've
>drawn an elk tag.
>
>WAHOO! 16D... Here I come!
>
>Grizzly

UPDATE - When I log into My Purchases now, it SHOWS a General License Purchase on 4/19/2014 at 8:43 AM.

I only put in for Elk and I verified that I checked a refund if I am unsuccessful.

I think that I drew an elk tag. Or so I hope.

It also makes sense since Friday night I could add a cart and Sat I could not add to the cart.

"You sure you know how to skin grizz,
pilgrim?"

Yeah this is her first big game hunt! She got her hunter safety last year. I dint want to tell her until we see green! Thanks for the positive comments! I'll let you know how it turns out!

>UPDATE - When I log into
>My Purchases now, it SHOWS
>a General License Purchase on
>4/19/2014 at 8:43 AM.
>
>I only put in for Elk
>and I verified that I
>checked a refund if I
>am unsuccessful.
>
>I think that I drew an
>elk tag. Or so I
>hope.
>
>It also makes sense since Friday
>night I could add a
>cart and Sat I could
>not add to the cart.
>
>
>"You sure you know how to
>skin grizz,
>pilgrim?"

Mine shows a lic sold on 4/19 too.
Any other out of state elk applications not show a lic purchase on 4/19

Wife and I should have lope tags if this sneak peek is correct. It sure looks right as my kids and hunting buddy can still buy hunting lic.

In the My Account section after I login I see

Active VV1EES Elk Valle Vidal, all weapon types, either sex

at the bottom of the page in the Once-In-A-Lifetime section.

Hoping this is still true when the official results are released.

>In the My Account section after
>I login I see
>
>Active VV1EES Elk Valle Vidal, all
>weapon types, either sex
>
>at the bottom of the page
>in the Once-In-A-Lifetime section.
>
>Hoping this is still true when
>the official results are released.
>

Keep an eye on this one... FYI the only either sex hunts in VV is archery.. What weapons did you apply for you?

Well if this backdoor method works, it looks like elk in the Gila this year! cross my fingers and wait for the final results! Good luck to all!

>Which hunt did your son draw
>in 2010? How'd he
>do? I don't want
>to get my hopes up
>for her, but things are
>pointing in the right direction!
>
>
>Thanks
>
>Jed

Pecos Youth. Sheep scored 175 and change,11 years old (the sheep). It was really a great hunt. At the time it was the largest youth sheep ever in NM (which makes sense because my son was about as old as you can be as a youth hunter.) Went with Bill Lewellen, One-on-One Adventures as guide. He was fabulous.

Congratulations, Again!

Brandon

6535emw_sheep.jpg

>Congrats Grizzly. You and your
>wife sure seem to have
>good luck in the NM
>draws.

Yeah. I just hope it is true. I sent you a PM, Sierra.

Grizzly

I had a feeling with Terk overturned we would get someone from the forum with a BH hunt.
Hoping that is the case.

Another Son of mine when he was 11 yo with his youth Ibex. I was fortunate to have two sons draw youth tags while Terk was in place...

2381cbw_ibex.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Apr-21-14 AT 09:32PM (MST)[p]>I applied for archery, so the
>either sex tag would apply
>

That's awesome.. Congrats.. My son had the youth hunt up there last year. Great experience. Lots of work up there but some nice critters up there.. Hike high and far. If you have horses or mules take them. You'll need em get up high it will make getting up high and well worth it. Enjoy your hunt.

After you get confirmation shoot me a pm

I can't believe my huntin partner's 12 year old daughter drew a desert bighorn sheep tag ( this is the first time she has put in for any hunt ). She's been with us on a bunch of hunts and now it's her turn , I can't wait . This is awesome , I have never tasted bighorn I hope it's good . Way to go C !!

It's great to see kids draw some of the premium tags. Doesn't matter if they are residents or non-residents.

elkshinj2,
Are you talking about Pecos or Fra Cristobals? Did your son take that giant Pecos ram. Either way, its pretty awesome when your kid draws a tag like this....

I'm sorry to be a toad, but it does matter if they are residents. Good for the nonresidents that drew them, but better for the residents. Seeing that a NM kid has the youth Desert tag has made my week.

I have to correct a statement I made earlier. In 2012 a nonresident drew the youth Desert tag, in 2013 a resident drew it, and now in 2014 a resident drew it. Residents are 2 for 3 now for this permit.

In 2012, 182 residents applied and 92 nonresidents applied for the desert youth permit. A nonresident drew. In 2013 174 residents applied, 119 nonresidents applied and a resident drew.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-22-14 AT 05:44AM (MST)[p]My SONS and I struck out again in NM...We are going on 10 years no elk tags ever.
Oh well there is always next year!
Plus this backdoor may not be telling all! I hope...lol

abqbw - Well, I expect you're happy that you won't ever have to worry again about some damn non-resident kid drawing one of "your" sheep tags.

>elkshinj2,
>Are you talking about Pecos or
>Fra Cristobals? Did your
>son take that giant Pecos
>ram. Either way, its
>pretty awesome when your kid
>draws a tag like this....
>

abqbw, Talusman and I was talking about valle vidal elk. However sure would like to get over there to give them sheep a run for the money..

HornedToad,

Am I happy that a kid from NM drew the NM youth Desert Bighorn Sheep tag? You better believe it. Am I happy that another kid from NM will draw the NM youth Rocky tag this year? A resounding yes!

Am I happy that one of my friends/hunting buddies actually knows and has done business with the father of the girl that drew the NM youth Bighorn tag? Yes again.

Am I happy that since 2006 NM resident youth have drawn 9 out 11 youth Bighorn (rocky and desert) permits (81%). Yes. Am I happy that of all the ram sheep permits in NM, youth is the only category that NM residents have drawn even a simple majority. No.

Am I happy that the only reason that NM resident youth have done well in drawing youth sheep permits is that far more NM youth applied than nonresident youth. No.

Here are some interesting statistics. When you look at the resident vs nonresident application pressure since 2006 (as far back as I have looked at actual numbers so I'm not making this up) you see that nonresidents have applied for the adult tags (or non-youth only to be more precise)at higher numbers than residents and have therefore drawn the majority of the adult permits. But when you look at the youth permits the opposite is true. What that says is nonresidents have been willing to fork over the money to apply for themselves, but not their kids. To put it another way, residents have shown the same willingness to spend the same amount of money to take our kids sheep hunting as we would spend to go ourselves. Nonresidents have not.

elkshinj2,

Thanks for setting me straight. Your description of how to hunt there is perfect for Pecos sheep too!

>>UPDATE - When I log into
>>My Purchases now, it SHOWS
>>a General License Purchase on
>>4/19/2014 at 8:43 AM.
>>
>>I only put in for Elk
>>and I verified that I
>>checked a refund if I
>>am unsuccessful.
>>
>>I think that I drew an
>>elk tag. Or so I
>>hope.
>>
>>It also makes sense since Friday
>>night I could add a
>>cart and Sat I could
>>not add to the cart.
>>
>>
>>"You sure you know how to
>>skin grizz,
>>pilgrim?"
>
>Mine shows a lic sold on
>4/19 too.
>Any other out of state elk
>applications not show a lic
>purchase on 4/19

I don't show it. It still shows a purchase back in March. Assuming that is not good news for me.

Bbq,

The last few sentences of your last post are some of the most pathetic that i've ever read on MM. So based on your twisted logic, residents care more about their kids than non-residents. Give it a break dude. Time to move on.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-22-14 AT 09:57AM (MST)[p]As a NR, money isn't the issue. I have a kid that can't afford to miss much school. He has hunted NM twice. I have to tailor hunts for him that keep school absences to a minimum. With alot of NR's kids, athletics also become an issue. Put the shoe on the other foot and try to plan a sheep hunt in Montana for your kids and see how many NR youth put in. Also as a sidenote-Of course a resident youth drew it, the NR were eliminated from drawing after the court ruling.

I only go where the numbers lead me. If you have a better explanation, I am listening. It a fairly well controlled numerical analysis but I could have missed something. Let me know if you figure out what it might be. Otherwise the facts speak for themselves.

A lot of conclusions being drawn with drawing maybe last night/today, as they "will be posted on April 23rd" as per NMG&F book. Maybe early e-mail today/tonight. IMHO

Elkman, The school issue is the same for nonres and res. Apples to Apples still. Scratch that one off the list. My kids are in fall athletics and are very high academic achievers. All have been accepted to very selective colleges (2 Ivy leagers and one nonresident to Univ Texas-Austin Engineering). If they can find the time to hunt with their workloads, any youth can.

As far as the youth that drew it being a resident - that's the point. It was guaranteed.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom