East Canyon Cow hunt

huntFX4

Normally find cows every time I go out. Went out finally last weekend thinking the heavy snow would have them down. Usually see a lot of feeding sign on the slopes around the hatch canyons but didn't see any this time. Walked all the way to the camp ground and only saw a couple of places where only a few elk had crossed over the road. Went up behind the camp ground a ways and found two bulls. The only elk seen the whole day.

Any ideas if the herd is still in decent numbers there?
Have they already moved into the archery only areas above Emmigration?

Can you not hunt the East Canyon WMA? Should be very easy to find a cow in there especially with the snow we have up there right now.

I have this tag also. I was up there this morning and I did not see any elk either. I went 2 weeks ago and saw several elk but they were way up high and I didn't have time to go after them. I went back in November and saw about 20 cows, but again they were too high and were moving away.

I thought for sure I would at least see some this morning with all the snow. I ended up seeing 10 moose though.

Message me if you want to keep in touch and compare notes.

Headed out tomorrow. Anything new going on out there.
I don't know about a WMA out there in the unit.
Thanks ahead of time.

There are elk in there. Went out last Wednesday and saw 50+ elk but most were bulls. I'll pm you the details.

I'm headed out Tuesday morning. If you feel like it, PM me what you find and I'll do the same when I get back Tuesday.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom