Elk and Antelope

smitty

Very Active Member
Well, it's that time of year again. I'm trying to find an area to hunt this year. I realize with my elk 3 point total that I don't have much of a chance at any real good draw units. I'm thinking of putting in for 16 and hunting the archery. I helped a buddy a couple years ago out there and really liked the country.

Been putting in for antelope now for 5 years with no luck. Last time I drew unit 100 with 3 points and killed a nice buck. I'm really wanting to get a goat hunt this year, but with the way the winter is stacking up we might end up with a big winter kill? What would you guys do with 5 points? Don't really care about killing an 80" goat, I'd just as soon have a fun hunt that I can take my 8 year old on. Maybe do some bow hunting as well?

Just wondering if I'm overlooking something?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-19-16 AT 00:57AM (MST)[p]I have 9 points and if I thought I could draw 16 my app would already be in. It's a max point unit.
If hunting elk was a priority I'd drop down to a gen tag as my drop dead tag and start looking for a 3 point type 1 unit somewhere that fit my needs before the app period closed.
Lots of good antelope hunts for 5 points. I'd look for doe tags because they don't take points and bring the kid along. He/she will have a blast.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom