Elk area 61

The northern part of the area is not wilderness. Did you have max points? Been some very good bulls came out of 61 over the past decade. Good herd of resident elk that are around for the opener, but pushed quickly onto private. Later can be really good, depending on weather.

No I got 7 pts. but last year the odds said 5pts drew in the special. I've been on the dubois side of the wilderness and seen some good bulls

Yes, I saw that a non res could draw with 5 pts last yr in special. Also, in special, they drew 6 tags, where in regular, there were only 3. You should draw with 7, unless a couple of groups put in and draw first (unlikely). My nephew put in with max points (special) this year, so he will be ahead of you. He's pretty anxious to draw a tag. He put in for 56-1 last yr, so he was bucking some big odds. (3%)

Forky: It all depends on how much jumping around occurs. It really helps to have horses in 61 or any elk area for that matter. I've hunted 61 in the past, but could never draw the late tag. Know of a couple of 350+ come out of there in late season, so they do exist. Shot a 330 in the regular season myself a few yrs back.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom