Elk, Deer etc.. DRAW RESULTS ARE ON F&G WEBSITE

M

muledeermottly

Wow, they got them out early this year. Drew my bull tag. Good luck guys!!!! Lets hear what everyone drew!

wife got a cow tag and I got an xtra doe tag...

two for 8 this year. And still not complaining.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-25-10 AT 12:12PM (MST)[p]This was my first year ever putting in for a controlled hunt and I drew a BULL ELK in unit 60-2!!!! There are only 100 tags available and over 1200 people trying to draw!!! I'm so excited!!!

After 26 years I drew a bull elk tag!!! 51 early! Then my son and I drew some lame deer hunt in "45"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The draw gods did us good this year.

Pulled a 40-1 deer tag. Can't believe it, first time I applied for that area. Looks like I'll have some research to do... Can't wait for Nov.

looks like im sticking to gen deer this year since they closed my elk spot

but will be takin lil brother out on some velvet bucks not this agian

tworivers,

Go to the "hunting home page" and under controlled hunt info, click on drawing results, should take you right there.

Congrats to the few that have drawn so far. Cant wait, only 3 months to go!!!!!

got my extra whitey tag, archery antelope, and extra elk tag that i didnt know i put in for... If i was you i wouldnt even purchase those lame 45 deer tags, or that lame 55 either the deer moved to utah ha ha good luck to all that drew.

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

Drew elk for unit 70. Not sure if that was a good thing or not? With the chance of going to point system next year

My parner and I drew Unit 42 deer rut hunt in Nov. I've never been there so if anyone has some knowledge about that hunt, please shoot me a PM. Thanks in advance.

drew the late buck tag in 67. cant seem to draw a bull tag to save my life though. any suggestions on the 67 tag?

LAST EDITED ON Jun-26-10 AT 08:07AM (MST)[p]Drew unit 70 deer. Should be good, Good thing is I put in with my dad sister and brother. Oh they all drew for elk too same area. Thankful for it. About the points system, it can take a hike. Random draw has been good to me. I would go for a points system only if they can prove how it will improve overall quality of hunting, Other than that whats the point of doing it just to get more money? No you could raise the prices now to get more money.

Drew 66A-1 early elk. Looks like about 35 tags for 1000 applicants... coarse, I couldn't buy that kind of luck for a sheep tag or something, but I'll take it.

I'm not an archery hunter, but this is a great unit, and the country is like the area you guide in.You should have a great hunt.You can call the taxidermist in Grangeville for advise. He mounted my Moose in 07. His name is Ron 208-983-9234.Tell him Rick from Boulder Creek Outfitters says hi..

Finally drew a bull tag for unit 31 along with my nephew and friend. I am frickin pumped. It will be nice to be able to hunt deer and elk at the same time, at least for part of it. Even though I hunt deer in a different spot than where Ill go for elk at least the option is open. Cant Wait!!!! My friend drew both a bull and buck tag for unit 18 this year and two years ago he also drew a bull and buck tag for unit 18.

After a 16 year wait I have an antelope tag. I will be using my 50 cal ML for this one I think. Ron

LAST EDITED ON Jun-27-10 AT 00:41AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-27-10 AT 00:40?AM (MST)

I drew a 66,69 either sex elk muzzleloader hunt. I'm stoked, can't wait to smoke an elk with my front stuffer.

Muzzleloader1.jpg

Muzzleloader6.jpg

I've been waiting for several years to get a harvest photo with this rifle.

Smokepoler63

Smokepoler

That is by far the prettiest muzzy I have ever seen! Sorry Ron, yours are close! Smoke, Its pretty, but can it shot? Cant wait to see the harvest photo!

Steve
www.muledeercountry.com

Steve mine don't look anything like that one. That one is amazing but he put a LOT of time into that stock if I remember right. Ron

my wife drew unit 40 for elk and my son drew unit 40 antelope and any help on the elk would be much appreciated and as again i didnt draw, but excited for my wife and son!Q

LAST EDITED ON Jun-28-10 AT 00:05AM (MST)[p]As stated earlier I drew a bull tag for unit 31 and am about as excited as is possible. Anyone have any suggestions on sorta how a good way to hunt that area is? Not looking for anyones particular spot but sorta if its better to go down toward the river or stay up higher? Ive been all over the Rock Creek, Jenkins Creek, Monroe Creek area alot but was thinking about heading up higher toward 4th of July and Sturgill area and west of there. Any suggestions? Im in good shape and not afraid to get out. Thank you.

My son drew a unit 28 either sex Elk tag, only two available for non-residents.
Now I have the privelege to guide for him.....I can't wait!
I saw the local/resident elk herd two weeks ago and they were pretty much right where I expected to see them.
PB :)

good luck awesome area steeper than hell some good bulls 3 of my friends drew it last year & ate tag soup...& one of their dads is a guide for that same unit..they saw a few good bulls but couldnt get them to come in again good luck

I didn't get squat. One guy drew 14 deer tag, another drew 14 deer and 13 elk, his daughter got 13 elk tag, 2 guys got 11 second season deer tags. One guy got 18 elk rifle and another got muzzy deer tag. All nonresidents lucky suckers. Maybe I will get them in the second draw.

My 12 year old son drew a 55 early rifle tag (Aug 15-Sept 24). This will be his first deer hunt! Anyone willing to share some pointers where to start scouting?

Thanks,
UGA

cool I have hunted all over 31 if u have been up Rock & Jenkins Creeks than u know its almost 98 % private & leased land..so I wouldnt waste my time on that side..there was a 370 bull killed by a lady last year over off of Adams creek to the north I saw a couple of 320 to 350 bulls back in on the Keithly creek side last year hunting yotes so that is another good place..also down off the Cecil Andrus WMA towards the river holds some big ass bulls if u have a way to get them out of some of those nasty steep canyons

Drew the 32A 2nd season cow hunt. Pretty excited about that since I get to hunt deer and elk at the same time. But didn't draw the 32A late hunt or extra whitey tag I was hopin for.

Thanks alot for the info. Just talked to a friend today I grew up with that hunted it two years ago. He killed a 361 6 point and his dad a 7x8 that didnt score as well. My father in law has a ranch there lower down but seems like the elk are hit and miss there. When they are there they are there but when they arent they arent. Ive got some good info to start with thanks again.

Cool man. I used to love hunting 32a. Have some good memories of that unit and some nice horns to. Its been a few years though. Good luck.

there are some good bulls still in 31 bad part is most of them are on private property ..all of Moyles up on Rock is leased all of Eckharts on Jenkins is also leased Suttons land is all leased the Devils elbow area is also all leased.. hell they even have an agreement with all the neighbors that none of them let people into hunt...Masons on Rock had their land leased last year too some guys out of Boise...yeah I know what u mean with the lower farms & ranches with the elk they can be there one day & gone for the next 2 weeks..who is your father inlaw ??? if your friend got that good a bull get his butt tied up as your guide.. another area that has some big bulls is up off the back side of mineral

Ye ha! My 12 yr old son and I drew unit 11 bull early bull tags! Took ten years for me, and the first time for him putting in.

The rifle has the same sights and barrel as Ron's Renegades. It does shoot very well, usually under 2" at 100 with the Hornady Great Plains 410 gr. conicals, but I would love to try some of Ron's paper patched conicals. Ron assisted me in putting this beauty together. He and his renegades were my inspiration. I've just been waiting to draw a decent hunt to take it on it's maiden voyage hunt. Ron's rifles are more practical, utility based, hunting tools. I'll have to baby my baby and try not to ding the stock. Good luck to you guys on your hunts. Smokepoler63

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom