Elk draw is officially posted

2 out of 3 in our party is showing successful for 1st season.I told other buddy to call DOW to see why his isnt showing.I thought if one drew in a party then all drew?

I confused after talking to Fish & game, guy name Jerry, talked to him three times, it does not make sense to me. Jerry is a great guy to talk to. I put in for a perference point for bull elk, which gives me 4 points. Second choice was a cow elk. He has told me three different times if I draw cow elk my points would be gone, this can't be true, is it?

Go figure...I was certain of a Buck tag and got nothing.

I drew in 2010 for elk and got another tag this year.

LAST EDITED ON May-25-12 AT 11:40AM (MST)[p]>I confused after talking to Fish
>& game, guy name Jerry,
>talked to him three times,
>it does not make sense
>to me. Jerry is a
>great guy to talk to.
>I put in for a
>perference point for bull elk,
>which gives me 4 points.
>Second choice was a cow
>elk. He has told me
>three different times if I
>draw cow elk my points
>would be gone, this can't
>be true, is it?

I don't think you can put in a second choice if you put in for a preference point as first choice. You should have put in for an impossible to draw unit as first choice, then the cow tag as 2nd.

Edit: I just checked the regs, and I guess you can put PP as 1st choice and apply for other hunts as 2nd and so on.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom