elk hunt 2011

happytohunt

just pondering where to give elk a try next fall..I have 4 non-resident points right now and not to trespass in anyones honey hole but are there any elk areas where wolf or griz have not had an effect yet on game population? thanks happytohunt

LAST EDITED ON Dec-18-10 AT 06:51PM (MST)[p]Take a look at the units in the Big Horn Mountains. There are no grizzlies anywhere close to there. The wolf population is minimal, although some still claim there aren't any!!! I know that is not fact because I met the Father of a government trapper last year and he has killed several way down on the southwest end of the mountains. One was an alpha male that had a collar on from way up in Montana north of Yellowstone Park. So much for them saying they would stay in that ecosystem---yea, right!!!!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-20-10 AT 11:13AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-20-10 AT 11:11?AM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Dec-20-10 AT 11:07?AM (MST)

Units 36 and 37 on the east side from Buffalo going on to the north are a General Tag, but all the better units up in that whole part of the state are limited quota units. Those are the ones I was referring to! This 369" bull was taken by my buddy with me along to help on opening day up in a unit on the west side of the mountains.
66892010_trip_082.jpg

Thats a nice bull Topgun! Looks like the southern end of the big horns...is that mahogany butte in the background?

>just pondering where to give elk
>a try next fall..I have
>4 non-resident points right now
>and not to trespass in
>anyones honey hole but are
>there any elk areas where
>wolf or griz have not
>had an effect yet on
>game population? thanks happytohunt

thanks for the response and advice...good luck on your hunts...happy to hunt

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom