Elk hunt last fall

PullMyFinger

I went to a place I had hunted years ago in my 30s. Double that age now. In the first 30 minutes I spotted a nice one about 2000 yards above me in the open. It looks a little like a ski run but it isn't.
I headed up through the trees with the wind in my favor. After 600 or so yards I had to take 30 steps and stop for 30 seconds . I never saw him again . Sometimes you just aren't in shape . What a shame. I know people my age who hunt Sheep and Goats. My bad for not working out all year. Let me know if you are in that shape and also if you weren't. I'm sure many here had their glory days like I did and then just enjoyed the couch more than they should have.
I didn't hunt more places like that again as I knew it wouldn't work let one the packing out part.

I start earlier to get to top of mountain, I just pace myself.
I like being above those animals before daylight.
That is good to get to them Gator! Part 2 is getting one out if you shoot it. Man, that is a happy time until every muscle in my body cramps up for days.

The buck I killed a couple years ago was down the hill. I tagged it and gutted it and decided to go back to the truck and get my backpack, go back down and skin it and butcher it up and just bring out the meat and antlers. I've been doing that lately anyway.

I was about half way to the truck and ran into a young guy who was hunting. He heard me shoot. I told him my intentions and he went down and grabbed an antler and drug it all the way up to my truck. I'll never forget that. When he left he told me I shouldn't be out hunting by myself at my age. Yeah, I know.

Take some young guys with you. :)

I usually find the 1st 3 hours or so my ambition is peaked however after that it begins to dwindle. By 3 Ive unloaded the gun and really just thinking about the beer when I get back to the truck :unsure:

When You Figure Them Bulls out!

You'll make them Hike to You!

I Tried Outrunning Game Many a times when I Was Younger!

I Never Could Out-Run Them!:D

The buck I killed a couple years ago was down the hill. I tagged it and gutted it and decided to go back to the truck and get my backpack, go back down and skin it and butcher it up and just bring out the meat and antlers. I've been doing that lately anyway.

I was about half way to the truck and ran into a young guy who was hunting. He heard me shoot. I told him my intentions and he went down and grabbed an antler and drug it all the way up to my truck. I'll never forget that. When he left he told me I shouldn't be out hunting by myself at my age. Yeah, I know.

Take some young guys with you. :)
This is why you have sons LOL that is some funny s--t Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom