Elk Hunter My Aunt Martha!

joesikora

Long Time Member
I’m watching a 2020 Fishlake LE Archery Elk Hunt on Youtube!
I assume this young man is a Res. He shows us some trail cam pics of elk in a waterhole/Wallow Hole the picture temperature reads 107 degrees (not sure what temp it was opening day) so opening day he hunts in a meadow type area I think along the bottom edge of a tree line I think to no avail he says he sees one but in the timber now don’t yo want to be in the timber so when the elk move up in the timber to stay cool during the day you are already waiting for him? Anyway then goes and sits the drought ridden waterhole you know the one that it’s so hot the earth has split open so much you can see the devil’s tail?! He sits it for 2-4 hrs he uses both times so not sure which he was meaning but I think it was that latter
Now I don‘t know 1/10th of how to hunt big out west and I’m Polish too but I wouldn’t sit in that stop Other then to caught my breathe. I go looking for elk else way and try to hook up in morning

jeez

I’m watching a 2020 Fishlake LE Archery Elk Hunt on Youtube!
I assume this young man is a Res. He shows us some trail cam pics of elk in a waterhole/Wallow Hole the picture temperature reads 107 degrees (not sure what temp it was opening day) so opening day he hunts in a meadow type area I think along the bottom edge of a tree line I think to no avail he says he sees one but in the timber now don’t yo want to be in the timber so when the elk move up in the timber to stay cool during the day you are already waiting for him? Anyway then goes and sits the drought ridden waterhole you know the one that it’s so hot the earth has split open so much you can see the devil’s tail?! He sits it for 2-4 hrs he uses both times so not sure which he was meaning but I think it was that latter
Now I don‘t know 1/10th of how to hunt big out west and I’m Polish too but I wouldn’t sit in that stop Other then to caught my breathe. I go looking for elk else way and try to hook up in morning

jeez
Depending on the time of the season. If bulls are rutting hard, and temperature is in the high 80’s or above, which it can be, and……. there are limited water sources, elk will come to water all day long, in the middle of a meadow, with a road going through the middle of it, if that’s the only source for them to drink.

season, temp. rut, heat all alter elk behavior……. ?

8033236B-91DA-4706-A35E-C856CF8E79DD.jpeg

Depending on the time of the season. If bulls are rutting hard, and temperature is in the high 80’s or above, which it can be, and……. there are limited water sources, elk will come to water all day long, in the middle of a meadow, with a road going through the middle of it, if that’s the only source for them to drink.

season, temp. rut, heat all alter elk behavior……. ?
Here’s the video. Go to 7:40 on Video

Criticizing a young man, brave enough to post an unsuccessful hunt is, in my mind, the worst fallout of social media. He clearly states at the end of his video that he will learn from his mistakes and he has a great attitude about the outcome.
With 1/10th knowledge of hunting out West it appears to me to be Bad Form to make judgements. Just sayin.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom