Elk Hunting for Veterans

NevadaJames

Hello my name is James Hamilton. I am with a non-profit organization called Freedom Hunters. A little bit about us we take out combat wounded and disabled veterans on hunting and fishing trip and also sporting events.
We do this for the veterans at no cost to the families. We put about 550 veterans a year into the field on trips through multiple states. You can check us out at www.freedomhunters.org we have a show on the outdoors channel.
What I am trying to do is get a hunt setup in Idaho while working with the IDFG I was told about special veterans tags that our organization is able to put in for. So I am asking as a non-resident what areas would produce some nice bulls for these veterans to put in for. I am not asking for honey-hole's just that they have a shot opportunity. Please keep in mind some of our veterans are amputees and wont be able to hike extreme steep areas.
I am trying to get the hunts setup for 2015 season and just would like a little bit of help assisting the veterans. And if you have a veteran you would like to recommend please have him go onto the site www.freedomhunters.org and apply for a hunt its at no cost and 100% free and if you need a caretaker to assist you that is also fine their accommodations will be taken care of as well. Please let me know so I can start getting everything setup there is a tremendous amount of work that still needs to be done to ensure they have the best hunt possible. Thanks for your time

James Hamilton
Freedom Hunters
Outreach Coordinator
775-233-7322
www.freedomhunters.org
[email protected]

Try applying for the migration hunts out of Island Park and Yellowstone park in S. Eastern Idaho. The hunts in the second half of November are the most productive.

there are also lots of general season over the counter bull hunts up north further. The Palouse Zone, Dworshak Zone, and Panhandle Zone all offer 2-3 week rifle seasons and have decent access. If you can get in touch with landholders, access to private ground is always a bonus. If atv's are an option, then those units have thousands of miles of gated logging roads that access millions of acres of phenomonal elk country. There are also many muzzleloader cow hunts in the later seasons, if those interest any of your veterans. These are typically snow hunts. Good luck to you and your veterans!

Thank you for the great info I am speaking with Fish and Game Director today to see what we can do for the Veteran's Hunt. I like the idea of the General Season hunt in the Panhandle heard of some nice bulls getting taken out this season.
I will try to make contact with some landowners to see if I can gain access to their land for the hunt. And we also have several side by sides to take the veteran's out on and we have numerous guides that are willing to help and also bring horses if need be.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom