Elk in 122 or 39

Dave32g

LAST EDITED ON Jan-21-19 AT 01:24PM (MST)[p]If you have access to private 122 could be really good. I don't think I'd burn my points on it planning to hunt public. That's just my opinion anyway. I'm not familiar with 39 but maybe someone else will chime in.

Thanks. I was kinda thinking access in 122 could be tough.
But the other numbers on the unit looked appealing.

25 is a third unit I'm considering

If you can kill a bull like that on the general I would hunt the general.

"Go hunt for meat at Walmart."

>Thanks. I was kinda thinking access
>in 122 could be tough.
>
>But the other numbers on
>the unit looked appealing.
>
>25 is a third unit I'm
>considering

The bull in your pic is better than you're likely to see in 25. At least on public land.

Thanks, but that bull
Was killed on a ranch buddy used to run, I'm pretty sure my access left when he did.
It was a amazing place and I think about it every day.

I have built points in almost all western states. All of which I just keep Accumulating and hoping to draw something really good.

I'd rather have hunt in Wyoming where I have a chance at a 300-320 type bull every 3-5 years than wait 10-15 years.
If there is any hunts you think I should look at in the 4 point mark I'm open to suggestions.

I have horses and mules if necessary.

>I'd rather have hunt in Wyoming
>where I have a chance
>at a 300-320 type bull
>every 3-5 years than wait
>10-15 years.
>If there is any hunts you
>think I should look at
>in the 4 point mark
>I'm open to suggestions.

With the point creep these days, there is only one tag you that fits that bill and it's the general tag.

39-9 archery tag is great, especially if you have horses & mules, but 4 PPs will not draw that tag or the Type 1 rifle tag.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom