Encampment river wilderness study area

wallhanger

Hey guys. Making my first trip for deer to Wyoming this fall. Bought a Region D leftover tag, and was wondering a couple things. First, can you hunt in the Encampment River Wilderness study area? Second, does that area qualify as a wilderness area that nonresidents are not allowed to hunt? Any help is appreciated.

Good luck to all this year.

WH

The study area is run by the BLM and is different than the USFS Wilderness area that borders it. I would think that you could hunt it, but you should call the BLM to be sure.

Good luck.

Was hoping you'd say that. Was planning to give them a call. Thanks. Are there some good deer in there? Open country for glassing?

Thanks.

I'd call the WY G&F. The BLM isn't in charge of enforcing a state statute even though their rangers may be empowered to do so.

FYI- Spoke to the BLM office today, who spoke with a game and fish officer. The wilderness area law applies to n.f. wilderness areas, but non-residents are allowed to hunt in the blm wilderness areas. Thanks for your help, fellas.

WH

I thought that you had to be a resident OR hunt with a guide in Wyoming. No exceptions. Am I right or wrong??

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom