Encore triggers

John_The_Bastard

Gentlemen,
I am a hunting buddy with cowtag. I have 2 encore 50 cals....one scoped and one not. A Colorado legal rifle and one for Illinois. Cowtag and I have spent countless hours learning and practicing. We have made several circles and still recently jumped back on the merry go round. Over the next 90 days we will have regular shooting sessions to settle on our chosen loads for both Illinois deer and Colorado elk. Today i shot just 2 shots to try some saboted bullets made by lightfield as I had 2 pkg's Kinda like them! Heres the question. The encore trigger has a pretty steep wall to get over when you have let out half a breath and put the required pressure on. I would appreciate any suggestions on a way to make it not so steep or how to mentally not let the mind wander when the rifle does not ignite immediately?
Any and all ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.
J_T_B I do not notice this hunting just at the range

I have been strictly a bowhunter for the past 30 years. In Sept of 2015 I had surgery on my second shoulder in the last 22 months. After the second surgery and knowing that I would not be able to bow hunt for awhile, I decided to purchase an inline muzzleloader. I did a great deal of research and settled on a new TC Encore XT. Before the purchase I knew there was an issue with the encore trigger. I bought the rifle anyway and it shot great. I would almost give out before the trigger would break. The trigger did not have any creep, but I'm sure the trigger pull was close to 6 lbs. I found Bellm's TCs on line and I gave them a call. I talked with Kurt Bellm and he told me there was at least a two week turnaround with him doing a trigger job. He told me that I could do the job myself. With a little convincing from him, I order the tools, springs, and instructions. Kurt said that he had done so many that he could do the job in 5 min. Well it took me beyond an hour or two. It really was not that difficult. The trigger pull now is a little less than 3 lbs. It made the rifle go from enjoying it to shoot, to I don't want to quiet shooting. The rifle went from shooting 1.5 inch groups @ 100 yds to less than one inch. I do have a 2.5 X 8-40 Leupold scope on it. You two have good muzzleloaders but you will have great muzzleloaders if you do or have a trigger job done. If you have trouble with the process, you can call Kurt. I had an issue and gave him a call. I had to leave him a message but he called with 15 min. I had already solved the issue by the time he called. You can reach Kurt at 970-433-9525. I have no connections with them other than that I purchased the tools and instructions from them to do a trigger job. I think they are in Colorado. I live in Alabama. A trigger job will enable you to be a better shot on game and at the range.

Hello Decon,
Sorry havn't checked the site in a while. I took your advice before you even sent it. I sent the gentleman 3 actions and had him work them over. I shoot sabots very well now and conicals good enough. We have the privilege here in Illinois of getting almost unlimited doe tags and I killed a buck and some does with the rifles. I like the encores as they are light and nimble. I am very seriously considering a CVA for my next Colorado hunt. They are more accurate with the conicals it seems.
J_T_B

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom