Expand Wyoming Elk Archery Only Areas

Thank you and I did it yesterday. Thanks for your hard work. It is appreciated on my behalf.

Have a good one. BB

i say decrease non resident tags. i am a resident and i have put in 13 years for a late bull tag and never got it. my uncle has put in 3 times and has gotten 2 out of 3 who is a non-resident.

it just seems wyoming is wanting more money..

i know pepole are going to get pissed for what i have stated but i feel ripped.......

Again--No, thank you. Special interests need not waste their efforts.

Rump

No, thanks. Wyoming doesn't need to expand archery season. We are blessed in Wyoming to have one of the most liberal elk seasons around. Archery seasons last for a month before the rifle seasons in most areas.

Wyoming's current system doesn't need to be fixed.

dwalton--
Way most of the guys and gals I am aquainted with on a Hunting basis of just learning and yearning the Wyoming, I can't support the proposition, as I do hunt Bow (Huh?) and rifle here.
Don't mess with something that ain't broke, even if there are outside influences on it.
Hunt Whitetails in Wyo!!

Rump

Agreed with Rumproast and DWalton. Archery opportunities abound in Wyoming for elk,deer, and antelope, with at minimum two week archery only, and in the vast majority of the state, a full month of archery elk hunting.

Throughout most of the state elk quotas are expanding, even in the hard to draw limited quota areas. Leave it alone, the system works.

As a bow hunter, I ask why change a great thing? Wyoming does it great already. Let's not mess with it.
Traditional only >>>------->

It only takes a moment to sign the petition. I did, though I did not for resident preference points, since I'm a non-resident I don't think that is my business.

Increase type 9 licenses....
Type 9 only?
Type 9 but allow Special Archery hunters in after 2 weeks?

Muzzy season Oct 1-15?
What are you going to do with the rifle seasons that start on the 1st?
Overlap or move the start date out 2 weeks?

What is the Game Dept's stance on the issues?
Do you have support?
Support with restrictions?

Jerry, let us know when the petition will be turned in so I can write a letter to the G & F director opposing expanded archery licenses. Kinda goes hand in hand with that old government saying, if its broke, fix it. If it ain't, fix it til it is. As demand continues to increase, you guys will see special interest groups like these trying to take away from the rest of us. In this case, no different than allocating a portion of the tags to outfitters...

Ah, Triple-BB!
You remember that deal the special interest group tried to get put on the floor of the legislature not so long ago.
Boy, did that get a lot of our attention and action in a hurry!!
Let Us live and let hunt.
This particular system need not be screwed with.

Rump

I don't live in wyoming but am familiar how wyomings system works and it presently works well. Why piss with a good system? Only complaint i'd have, if I was a resident, would be the lack of a preference point system. Overall though I think wyoming has a good program and wish other states would follow suit. I won't and would not recommend others to sign the petition.

Al

The lack of a PP system is a bright spot for Wyoming. As a resident my draw odds a great every year. I say leave it alone.

It only takes a minute to ruin the best system of any western state. Don't sign this! You want draw systems to complain about contiune applying in Utah.

Wyoming has one of the best and fairest systems when it comes to hunting. Would be ludacris to change it. A point system would also be a step in the wrong direction. The only thing I could agree with would be higher license fees. It aint broke, dont fix it...just leave it alone!

I here you saying no PP system. I have several associates who live in wyoming and I hear them complain about never drawing a premier unit tag. I particular they reference antelope hunting units. Next time I see them I'll have to inquire more.

As it is currently you can hunt with a muzzleloader every year you have a tag if you want. Personally i think muzzy seasons, in just about every state, are a joke. Modern muzzleloaders are nothing more than a single shot rifle. If you want to use one I think that is great but why should you get a special season. With the limited resources the Fish and Game gets they need to spend their time managing the game not trying to figure out how to make sure each special group gets better odds at drawing tags. I know I have said this before, but wyoming has the best system of any state, particularly for residents. I hunt alot of states and wyoming is the best in my experience.

Correct. No PP. I get a kick out of hunters that complain about not drawing "premier" tags. Particularly for antelope. There are so many units in Wyoming that you can draw an antelope tag and hunt great quantity and quality antelope almost every year as it is. Some hunters seem to think that the red desert is the only place in the state to take a big antelope on public land.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-08-10 AT 11:34AM (MST)[p]agree with Dwalton

No, thanks. Wyoming doesn't need to expand archery season. We are blessed in Wyoming to have one of the most liberal elk seasons around. Archery seasons last for a month before the rifle seasons in most areas.
Wyoming's current system doesn't need to be fixed.

quote: "Whats wrong with some muzzy hunts, both res and nr"

As has been said prior, but needs repeating, is that modern muzzleloaders, without restrictions (as are allowed in Wyoming) are no longer any different than single-shot centerfires. The reason that so-called "primitive" weapons are allowed separate seasons when the animals are more vulnerable is that the dissadvantage of the weapon should self-limit the harvest success. It is questionable that this limitation continues to apply to modern, scoped, in-line muzzleloading rifles.

Additionally, it will remove opportunity from existing seasons. You can't have it all, as much as we might want that. Folks have got to start realizing that any and all of these proposals have farther reaching implications, and ultimately will lead to negative impacts to a wildlife management system in Wyoming that ain't really broke.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom