Expo Observation

Gunnie3035

Here is my observation of the SFW money grab. I don't generally like to attend this sort of event but it is always interesting to see what sort of new equipment is coming out and the other comical total BS products some companies are pimping. And let me preface this by saying that the younger generation is so gullible and engrossed in social media they should be ashamed of themselves. The only thing more shameful is the people taking advantage of these young adults.

You guys know who I'm talking about. The ones who sell over-priced hats, hoodies, stickers and t-shirts and offer no other product or service. Perhaps they pimp a bow or optic company but offer nothing other than $12 hats for a screaming deal of $24.95. I don't get it, it is a cheap hat with a picture of a deer or deer horn. I saw one company selling over-priced health supplements for the extreme hunter?..WTF!

I hope these young fellas will sit back and realize they are being manipulated into buying overpriced products because they saw this company post 27 pictures of the same elk horn from different angles. Just because they post pictures of three great bucks or 100 elk antlers in the same year doesn't not mean you will be just like them if ya buy this overpriced non-essential crap. And a lot of it is just crap.

Think about it, these guys are taking advantage of you so they can finance their own entertainment and repackage it and sell it to you again next year!! These guys are not anything special. The product they push may not be the best or be right for you. They push it because they are getting paid to do so, always remember that. They simply have more time (financed by you) to run around the country chasing the dream. If you really want to chase the dream go buy a video camera, become a wildland firefighter (winters off), and stick all your sh*t on You-Tube. Get enough followers and then ya can go pimp your own nonsense at the expo.

Don?t fall prey to some smooth talking cool 40 year old in designer jeans and a flat brim hat. He probably killed all those big animals with land-owner or expo-tags (again financed by the consumer). Pure madness I tell you!!!

So your pissed off that guys are making money and your not? Get over it no one is forcing anybody to buy anything.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-18-16 AT 12:42PM (MST)[p]You mean to tell me I overpaid for my camo flat brim with the embroidered deer horn?? Oh well, atleast I'll be a better hunter.

>So your pissed off that guys
>are making money and your
>not? Get over it no
>one is forcing anybody to
>buy anything.

Man did you miss the point of his post essentially saying that hunting is now an industry with everyone making a ton of money from stupid consumers and most of the sellers probably wouldn't know a goat from an elk! It's just the way it is now and has changed 180 degrees from when I was growing up in the 50s when my Dad taught me what true hunting is all about.

Maybe you should stay home next year... I'd hate for all these "young" social media followers to make you mad and get on the computer to complain about it again in 2017

I have no issue with someone making money from a "stupid" consumer.
When someone willingly gives consideration for a product or service, it's called free trade and the US of A was built upon such a model.

From a personal point of view, I don't like the commercialization of hunting at all either. It loses the "feel" for me when everything is so closely tied to the USD.

So, I guess you could say I agree and I disagree with your views but that's not a bad thing.

Oh, Was the "money grab" and the "young social media guys" just attention grabbing statements? Or did you do that simply to fit in on MM?

Zeke

Gunnie3035 My guess is you're referring to Mtn.OPS supplements. I can tell you they really do work and they are not that bad in price.They don't have near the ammount of garbage as other supplements. Look at Mark Smiths results on IG or facebook. Try them out for yourself and I'll bet you will like them.

>All of these non hunting vendors
>were invited so attendance records
>could be inflated

As Gomer used to say: "Surprise, surprise, surprise!" Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out when you go down the list of vendors and then read the BS they posted about setting attendance and vendor records, LOL!

Yeah, true hunting is becoming a bitter old a-hole while you wait fifteen years for the state to graciously gift you a welfare tag so you can be one of the last generation to try and kill the last deer.

True hunting is about hating rich people and cussing others success if it isn't exactly the way you did it. True hunting is sitting on a computer for days at a time FOR YEARS talking trash and blaming your failures on a conservation organization who dared to capitalize on less than 1% of the states big game tags.

True hunters hate any other person who kills a deer because of their weapon choice, the land they hunted, how they got a tag, or even if they spent $24 on a flat brimmed hat. Real hunters just hate people. They hate other hunters more than they hate anti-hunters.

Good thing dad showed someone on here how to be a real hunter. Good lord.

As a 25 year old, I am right here with the OP. I refuse to drink the kool aid, despite my friends doing it. I'm a cheapskate.

So much garbage out there. I literally can't stand the flat brim social media era.

I could name each company your talking about! From the MANDATORY gps chips to the $25 hat guys to the $70 per tub of whey protein, that I can get from the bulk bins at Winco for $10, I won't name names to try and keep it civil.

And any dude with designer jeans... is not a dude.

>Yeah, true hunting is becoming a
>bitter old a-hole while you
>wait fifteen years for the
>state to graciously gift you
>a welfare tag so you
>can be one of the
>last generation to try and
>kill the last deer.
>
>True hunting is about hating rich
>people and cussing others success
>if it isn't exactly the
>way you did it.
>True hunting is sitting on
>a computer for days at
>a time FOR YEARS talking
>trash and blaming your failures
>on a conservation organization who
>dared to capitalize on less
>than 1% of the states
>big game tags.
>
>True hunters hate any other person
>who kills a deer because
>of their weapon choice, the
>land they hunted, how they
>got a tag, or even
>if they spent $24 on
>a flat brimmed hat.
>Real hunters just hate people.
> They hate other hunters
>more than they hate anti-hunters.
>
>
>Good thing dad showed someone on
>here how to be a
>real hunter. Good lord.
>

Hey, that was funny and partially true.... and partially false. Kind of like everyone else's opinionated posts.
Zeke

Well!

I Got me a Hat at the EXPO!

Prism Gave me a Vortex Hat & Thanks Prism!

Sure The HELL Ain't No FLATTY Neither!

[font color="blue"]"I Don't get No Sleep!I Don't get No Peace!"
[/font]

>Yea Tris you pay a guide
>to wipe your azz. lol
> Thanks dad!

Yea, or pay thousands for a lease in Texas to hunt a pisscutter on private land because there'e no other place to hunt like you and Dad used to!

Actually my little girl killed her deer this year on the exact same ranch I killed my first buck on when I was 12. A lot bigger buck than my first one too.

It was awesome. All because of doers instead of whiners.

Yes Birdman!

I Ate Lunch with the SFW Bunch!

GAWD!

That Ought to get me Hung around here!:D:D:D

[font color="blue"]"I Don't get No Sleep!I Don't get No Peace!"
[/font]

Even though some on here may think your an "Uncle Tom" or traitor, my wife said you are her favorite poster here on MM. My favorite is FTW who once had the moniker of Dr. Death. Hope your lunch was special.

>True hunting is sitting on
>a computer for days at
>a time FOR YEARS talking
>trash and blaming your failures
>on a conservation organization who
>dared to capitalize on less
>than 1% of the states
>big game tags.

The obvious problem is WHICH 1% of the tags they pimp. The "org" would have zero interest in 500 general deer tags, and they'd be insolvent.

6767tagpimp.jpg

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, NRA, UWC & DP Hate Club

the reality is for people such as zimmers and topgun, the world is flat, it's uphill both ways, it just aint like the 50's no more, life isn't fair, they are being robbed...... these are the whiners of the world, "the takers." the doers of this country don't have time to complain as if its a religion.

Shane,
Curious why you like to make personal attacks on TG & myself only, when there are hundreds of other MMers, both resident & nonresident, who hate you equally and post negatively about SFW welfare. The others also post a hell of a lot more than I do.

Also, after 3 years why not post your real name in your profile? Everyone here knows who you are, where you live, knows that your brother is a big time outfitter in AZ who wants welfare tags, and know you live off your daddy's money. So why the false identity?

Zim,

I don't see his post as a personal attack. When someone says the truth he can't help it if you take it personally. You, not as much as Flopgun, whine on her about these tags.

Look at your previous post. It shows you have obviously lost touch with the meaning of hunting. You want to argue percentages based on trophy quality and not the total of what it actually is.

>the reality is for people such
>as zimmers and topgun, the
>world is flat, it's uphill
>both ways, it just aint
>like the 50's no more,
>life isn't fair, they are
>being robbed...... these are
>the whiners of the world,
>"the takers." the doers
>of this country don't have
>time to complain as if
>its a religion.
Billy maybe you could answer this why does sfw get a quota of tags but when I apply Utah won't give a quota of tags? I guess management doesn't matter does it?

>Zim,
>
>I don't see his post as
>a personal attack. When
>someone says the truth he
>can't help it if you
>take it personally. You,
>not as much as Flopgun,
>whine on her about these
>tags.
>
>Look at your previous post.
>It shows you have obviously
>lost touch with the meaning
>of hunting. You want
>to argue percentages based on
>trophy quality and not the
>total of what it actually
>is.

Tristate, You are not very observant. I've been on MM for 15 years and been observing the corrupt SFW crew for the last ten. This includes the forgotten times when SFW was actually a welcome sponsor here and had their own forum, before that became a giant dumpster fire. Since before the theft of 200 public trophy tags, before the wolf delisting scandal, before the Corey Rossi scandal, before the Jerry Weiers scandal. Wow what a cess pool of corruption & scandals to choose from! You should know I used to post on MM a LOT before I figured out the vast majority of you pro-SFWer posters were mindless plants. Either an outfitter wanting welfare, of relative of an outfitter, or taxidermist benefitting from high dollar clients, or actual SFW employees. Or worst yet the 30 post/disabled profile guys who are probably SFW undercover board members. It's a waste of time arguing with folks who stand to gain financially from the rape of public property.

I am glad there are still many SFW haters that continue to rail on them, in order to educate the upcoming generation. This is necessary. However, since 2011 I have found it more productive to invest my time writing to legislators & media in Utah, Arizona & other states, educating them to the poison that is the SFW model for wildlife management. So since then I have only occasionally posted on here mostly for entertainment value. You should know that by now. BTK has way, way, way more active haters to pick on than just two. But maybe I touched a personal cord in him when his brother lost out big time due to my part in derailing AZ HB2072? Long memory. That was 3 years ago. Was his plan to actually buy some of the stolen tags with his daddy's money, or just tag along in his brother's posse?

The recent example UDOW made by breaking their own rules and regulations in the RFP scandal took everything to a new level. Why should hunters follow UTDOW rules either? Seems poaching is OK now in Utah. SFW & UTDOW are complete jokers.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, NRA, UWC & DP Hate Club

It wasn't meant to be a SFW bash fest. I think there should be a place where outfitters can sell hunts or taxidermist can display his work. I like to see the new product lines from legit hunting companies. My hope was some of these young fellers would read the post and realize they are being emotionally manipulated or exploited by images they view from these knuckleheads. I won't name the specific companies, but if they don't sell anything useful other than stickers/hoodies/hats then you are getting scammed. Health supplements for the most part are a scam. There may be some minor benefits for specific individuals but for the most part your just building an expensive turd. Health supplements for hunters... geez. What is next, re-labeled 5-minute energy for erectile dysfunction.

People do have a personal choice in what they buy or consume, but young people do not have the life experience to accurately gauge the true intentions and/or motivation. Perhaps some young kid will consider this the next time he hands over his credit card to buy some worthless garbage he doesn't need.

Thank god this post went after the flat hats and social media. I just knew someone was going to make me feel like a schmuck for buying a cow head that mounts to my bow. maybe I'm a double schmuck because I bought my wife one too. Hope she survives the elk trampling she is sure to get this fall

The problem is there is not enough money in the expo format you just proposed to rent the building and support the whole thing. In order to get the expo format you want the entrance fee would have to be $100 - $200 and then you would probably be on here whining about that.

"you're just building an expensive turd" Funniest thing I have heard in awhile.

Nothing is worse than the flat brims and bedazzled jeans. Hunting has become a fashion show.

Real men hunt in flannel shirts.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-16 AT 03:16PM (MST)[p]>The problem is there is not
>enough money in the expo
>format you just proposed to
>rent the building and support
>the whole thing. In
>order to get the expo
>format you want the entrance
>fee would have to be
>$100 - $200 and then
>you would probably be on
>here whining about that.

Lol funniest post I have seen in a while. I will give it you though that is a sorry excuse j haven't heard a sfw guy use before.

zimmers,

for being an investigator or something along those lines you have done a very poor job. i could work a circle around you and cover you with the dirt. my dad has never had a bucket to piss in but he taught me how to work and earn what i have. we hauled more cords of wood to widows, mowed more widows lawns, cooked meals for the needy, etc. than you could even imagine in you're glorified view of society where all people do is get handouts from rich daddy's. most importantly he taught me how to be happy with what my own hands earn and not have to piggy back off others to find that same happiness. when i went to college i worked 50 hrs/wk, labored in the construction field, graduated top of class, went to professional school, served 4 yrs. in army, paid off debt, while serving country had a night job, and now i can happily say to people like you, do you want a job? seriously. all you and gunners do is ridicule those who get ahead and make something out of nothing. you can't stand self made success and have to pitch to your only lifelong friends here on the web that daddy's money drives the feelings. might not be daddy's money i received, but what my dad gave me was a lot more than any money could buy. WORK, WORK, WORK... and yes more WORK.

>Even though some on here may
>think your an "Uncle Tom"
>or traitor, my wife said
>you are her favorite poster
>here on MM. My favorite
>is FTW who once had
>the moniker of Dr. Death.
>Hope your lunch was special.
>
If we are naming our favorites I'll put my vote out for tristate. That dude is f***ing hilariously!
His statements also turn more people against sfw than topgun ever could. Keep fighting the good fight!
Justin

>zimmers,
>
>for being an investigator or something
>along those lines you have
>done a very poor job.
> i could work a
>circle around you and cover
>you with the dirt.
>my dad has never had
>a bucket to piss in
>but he taught me how
>to work and earn what
>i have. we hauled
>more cords of wood to
>widows, mowed more widows lawns,
>cooked meals for the needy,
>etc. than you could
>even imagine in you're glorified
>view of society where all
>people do is get handouts
>from rich daddy's. most
>importantly he taught me how
>to be happy with what
>my own hands earn and
>not have to piggy back
>off others to find that
>same happiness. when i
>went to college i worked
>50 hrs/wk, labored in the
>construction field, graduated top of
>class, went to professional school,
>served 4 yrs. in army,
>paid off debt, while serving
>country had a night job,
>and now i can happily
>say to people like you,
>do you want a job?
> seriously. all you
>and gunners do is ridicule
>those who get ahead and
>make something out of nothing.
> you can't stand self
>made success and have to
>pitch to your only lifelong
>friends here on the web
>that daddy's money drives the
>feelings. might not be
>daddy's money i received, but
>what my dad gave me
>was a lot more than
>any money could buy.
> WORK, WORK, WORK...
>and yes more WORK.

I'm not sure how I got dragged into your rant with Zim (even tho his answers were spot in response to Tri's derailment on the topic), but it sounds like your old man was a hard worker and a good dude. Other than this I didn't understand a word of it. Sounds like you need a vacation from all that work.

So hold up, if you get a hat from the Expo do you have to leave the brim flat? If you give it the ol' 'V' look and don't post it (or check in) on social media are you good to go?

>Gunnie3035 My guess is you're referring
>to Mtn.OPS supplements. I can
>tell you they really do
>work and they are not
>that bad in price.They don't
>have near the ammount of
>garbage as other supplements. Look
>at Mark Smiths results on
>IG or facebook. Try them
>out for yourself and I'll
>bet you will like them.
>