Expo tags

I remember last year seeing the posts about how it would never go back to in person once they saw the dollars….that aged well.

Contracts are a *****. So are lawyers. $fw needs better ones.

I'm sure it was just out of the goodness of their hearts?

Contracts are a *****. So are lawyers. $fw needs better ones.

I'm sure it was just out of the goodness of their hearts?
Yes everyone that said it would be back to normal this year paid attention to all that legal mumbo jumbo and didn't spout off about stuff just to try and make SFW look bad. Who cares if they did it from the goodness of there hearts.

It was no secret the contract states very clearly that the tags must be validated in person.

Was there even an effort made to make online validation permanent? I never herd of anything like that.

Yes everyone that said it would be back to normal this year paid attention to all that legal mumbo jumbo and didn't spout off about stuff just to try and make SFW look bad. Who cares if they did it from the goodness of there hearts.

Ya. Because pocketing the $3.75 per app they get paid to run the expo, then not having the expo didn't make them look bad at all?????????

Or did I miss that poster sized check refunding that money?

Ya. Because pocketing the $3.75 per app they get paid to run the expo, then not having the expo didn't make them look bad at all?????????

Or did I miss that poster sized check refunding that money?

????? Where did I say that didn't make them look bad? How does that have any bearing into what we are discussing???

Since you feel like bringing it into the discussion, yes I agree they should give it all back or better yet the state should have awarded the contract to RMEF.

Since the state did not do that SFW has the contract, the contract states they have to do in person validation, last year was a one off occurrence due to an unprecedented global wide plague shutting the country down.

Many people ( I am sure you are one of them, I'm not going to go back and check ) voiced there opinions last year saying it would never go back to in person validation as Muley suggested. They we're wrong.

Again, I will ask was there even an effort to make the online validation permeant??? I never seen anything even discussed other then online haters spewing it all last year.

????? Where did I say that didn't make them look bad? How does that have any bearing into what we are discussing???

Since you feel like bringing it into the discussion, yes I agree they should give it all back or better yet the state should have awarded the contract to RMEF.

Since the state did not do that SFW has the contract, the contract states they have to do in person validation, last year was a one off occurrence due to an unprecedented global wide plague shutting the country down.

Many people ( I am sure you are one of them, I'm not going to go back and check ) voiced there opinions last year saying it would never go back to in person validation as Muley suggested. They we're wrong.

Again, I will ask was there even an effort to make the online validation permeant??? I never seen anything even discussed other then online haters spewing it all last year.

Yeah. I was one that pointed out that after that $3.75 screw job $fw put on last year, they wouldn't ever want to go back.

The DWR wouldn't release any back door correspondence, so there would be no way to see if they did or did not.

Can I prove it? No.

Does ANYONE believe they aren't for maximizing their profits. Based solely on decades of history?

Yeah. I was one that pointed out that after that $3.75 screw job $fw put on last year, they wouldn't ever want to go back.

The DWR wouldn't release any back door correspondence, so there would be no way to see if they did or did not.

Can I prove it? No.

Does ANYONE believe they aren't for maximizing their profits. Based solely on decades of history?
Who isn't for maximizing there profits??? Do you do contract work for free? Or do you find the best way to make money off of what you do?

It's what they do with those profits that matter to me. You show me where they are abusing the money coming in and i will condem that too. So far I've not seen anything that shows them doing anything shady with the money. There are plenty of haters out there that have dug deep. I'm sure it would have surfaced something by now.

You are blantly willing to spout off stuff you know you have no way of proving just to try and drag them down. And then won't admit when you are wrong. You just spin out with a different accusation.

I didn't agree with how they got the contract but they got it, cant blame SFW that was a state of utah blunder in my eyes. I have never seen anything factual showing they are abusing the money the org brings in.

Who isn't for maximizing there profits??? Do you do contract work for free? Or do you find the best way to make money off of what you do?

It's what they do with those profits that matter to me. You show me where they are abusing the money coming in and i will condem that too. So far I've not seen anything that shows them doing anything shady with the money. There are plenty of haters out there that have dug deep. I'm sure it would have surfaced something by now.

You are blantly willing to spout off stuff you know you have no way of proving just to try and drag them down. And then won't admit when you are wrong. You just spin out with a different accusation.

I didn't agree with how they got the contract but they got it, cant blame SFW that was a state of utah blunder in my eyes. I have never seen anything factual showing they are abusing the money the org brings in.

The contract gives them $3.75 per app to run the expo.

THERE WAS NO EXPO LAST YEAR. They kept the money. Is that SHADY ENOUGH?

SERIOUSLY.

At what point is taking money, AND NOT SUPPLYING THE SERVICE, not shady?

NO. I've NEVER bid a job, got paid, and not done the job.

It's like the coolaid causes loss of common sense.

THEY TOOK $3.75 TO PUT ON THE EXPO. THERE WAS NO EXPO.

So WTF did they keep the money for?

Let me know how the hell you just gloss over that, while trying to claim "they aren't shady".

Good lord.

Seriously Jake.

I read your stuff. We don't always agree. But can you do simple math.?

$3.75 per app, TO DO NOTHING.

But you've not seen any evidence of them being shady?

How many apps did they take in?

What did they pocket?

Seriously. I know your a fan boy, and that's ok. I'm not, also ok.

But WHAT MORE CAN I SHOW YOU?

What does it take for you to say, "UMmmmm that seems WRONG"?

Do you go pay a dealer for a truck, not get the truck, then say "why is that SHADY?"

Come on man!!

Seriously Jake.

What did they pocket?

Do you go pay a dealer for a truck, not get the truck, then say "why is that SHADY?"

Come on man!!
Pretty sure the money from the applications is for “administering the draw,” not putting on the expo.

I am editing to add that I wasn’t entirely correct. From the Division’s website: “Hunters are charged a $5.00 per-permit application fee when they apply in the expo permit drawing. The DWR must approve in advance how 30 percent of these funds are spent. Expo organizers must spend the remaining 70 percent on policies, programs, projects and personnel that support conservation initiatives in Utah. All of the application fee revenue benefits wildlife conservation in Utah.”

Now I’m not condoning SFW by any means, just saying that money wasn’t explicitly for “putting on the expo.”

Last edited:
Pretty sure the money from the applications is for “administering the draw,” not putting on the expo.

I am editing to add that I wasn’t entirely correct. From the Division’s website: “Hunters are charged a $5.00 per-permit application fee when they apply in the expo permit drawing. The DWR must approve in advance how 30 percent of these funds are spent. Expo organizers must spend the remaining 70 percent on policies, programs, projects and personnel that support conservation initiatives in Utah. All of the application fee revenue benefits w
ildlife conservation in Utah.”

Now I’m not condoning SFW by any means, just saying that money wasn’t explicitly for “putting on the expo.”

You kinda answered it yourself with your edit

You kinda answered it yourself with your edit
Umm… I mean, I disagree… the quote from the DNR website doesn’t say how that 70% gets spent, but it also doesn’t say, nor imply, that it’s for putting on the expo... I was just pointing this out because what you were saying was like they charged everyone an entry fee to the expo and then didn’t have the event. They did, however, raffle off the 200 tags, hence the $5 application fees.. which leads me to my next point.

I saw this thread and got on to gloat about my good fortune from last year ? here’s to hoping lightning strikes twice! Good luck to everyone!

Seriously Jake.

What did they pocket?

Come on man!!
I am by no means a "fan boy" I could take am or leave em. I asked to show me something shady they spend there money on. I've seen lots of projects, programs, and good things the money is spent on. Not once have I seen someone show where the money is not going to an outdoor cause of some kind we might not always agree with those causes but its far from "shady". You make it sound as if the people running the org are pocketing the money and making bank, if that was happening it would have came out by now.

As far as the expo goes podini just proved you wrong, the 3.75 is not to run the expo. "Expo organizers must spend the remaining 70 percent on policies, programs, projects and personnel that support conservation initiatives in Utah."

I don't know what they spent it on, hell maybe they used it to help buy up that large chunk of sitla land last fall. They may have bought pheasants for the pheasant hunt, it may have contributed to this year's expo. Either way they are not being shady about it. And if they are feel free to clue us all in on what they have done. Because there is an awful lot of shade thrown there way but I have yet to see a valid accusation.

The closest thing to shady was how they got the contract for the expo tags and I've said multiple times for years that I felt RMEF should have gotten the contract for the expo tags. I definitely don't fault SFW for doing all they could to keep it. But the state definitely dropped the ball and screwed that up. Either way that didn't deal with how SFW are spending what money comes in. They didn't pay off state officials or anything like that.... at least nothing has proven anything like that.

Come on man!!!! Show me the dirt. Let's see it.

Go look at $fw site.

$8.6 million raised at expo

$4.6 million of that game via the auctions

$4 million raised via apps?

$fw pledged $882,000 to wildlife for 2020.

Money from EXPO, and other fundraisers.

60,000 people attended.

Now. Does $fw show how many individual apps they took in? No. I'll bet Slam, and MDF can tell me.

So, let's do real simple, basic math.

$4million from apps

State takes 3O%= $1.2 million

$fw keeps $2.8 million

They pledge out nearly $900,000

2.8 million- 900k= $1.9 million

You do the math. But I'm looking at $fw haul from expo being at least $1.8 million, especially considering the $882k they pledged, included ALL their fundraising, not just expo.

So, Jake. $1.9 million.

Is it in a Swiss bank? I doubt it. $fw is shady, not stupid.

That's using $fw numbers, from $fw own site.

$8.6 million just from expo. Safe to bet that after all there other tags, banquets, fundraisers, another $1million?

So in 2020, $fw touched roughly $10million dollars for "conservation", yet pledged $882,000.

Is it all legal? I'm sure it is. Let's not forget, THE DON, originated the whole scheme, $fw set it up, and I'll imagine got a say in the rules.

Shady? Yup. Illegal? Probably not.

Last edited:
One more thing Hossblur cries about year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year.

It costs him nothing. He looses nothing. It doesn't effect him in the least little bit. If SFW was gone tomorrow he would find some other entity to cry and cry and cry about.

He's a soulless child who absolutely hates other peoples successes.

He wants to speculate on what the expo and sfw will or won't do. I speculate that in January 2023 Hossblur will be right here on these threads pushing his same childish hate like he does every year at this time.

Mid January SFW will shove a hand up Hossblur's butt and start moving his whining lips like the puppet he lets himself be.

One more thing Hossblur cries about year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year.

It costs him nothing. He looses nothing. It doesn't effect him in the least little bit. If SFW was gone tomorrow he would find some other entity to cry and cry and cry about.

He's a soulless child who absolutely hates other peoples successes.

He wants to speculate on what the expo and sfw will or won't do. I speculate that in January 2023 Hossblur will be right here on these threads pushing his same childish hate like he does every year at this time.

Mid January SFW will shove a hand up Hossblur's butt and start moving his whining lips like the puppet he lets himself be.

Just for starters, GENIUS, the DWR man's the app booth. I pay for that. The expo gets tax incentives. I pay for that.

I'd go after you personally, but then founder will lock this.

I don't want it locked so I won't.

Enjoy your high fences and corn feeders.

Actual hunters are talking

Earlier you say the expo didn't cost anything last year. NOW YOU CLAIM YOU ARE PAYING FOR IT! ??????????????????????????????
You don't pay squat boy and I post more hunting pics and threads on here than you do.

When was the last time you started a thread on these forums about you going hunting???? Honest question. I want an answer.

You don't pay squat boy and I post more hunting pics and threads on here than you do.

When was the last time you started a thread on these forums about you going hunting???? Honest question. I want an answer.

FOUNDER. PLEASE DONT LOCK THIS.

This has been a good discussion with Jake, a guy who I've respected, and still respect, for years.

The usual side show from Houston, aside, these are good discussions for UTAH RESIDENTS to have, since the tags are ours.

Tri. When I need to know about corn cannons, I'll drop you a line.

You are dodging an honest question.

Post a link to the last time you actually posted something about you hunting. Do it.

Come on Hossblur. What are you afraid of?

Post a link to the last time you actually posted something about you hunting. Do it.

Come on Hossblur. What are you afraid of?

I don't post pics of my kids on the internet, too many stockers from Houston.

But here, just for you.

Yesterday, me and my 11yr old walked out to try and smack a goose. I didn't have to call the outfitter and book an appointment, unlike you, I'm fully capable of doing so myself.

We sat until sun coming over the mountain(things we have here in Utah, that our elk and deer live on. )

We walked back to the truck, as we were trying to shoot cross overs, it was a quick jaunt.

That same 11yr old, saved up all his money for a couple years to buy himself a Ruger Predator .223, and we mounted the scope last week so he wanted to shoot it.

Did that til about noon. Ran home, got my turkey on the traeger, then decided his older brother was lame for wanting to watch football.

So we grabbed his high velocity pellet gun, and his .410( just in case a muskrat attacked). Now. Tri. I know this is foreign to you. We didn't make an appointment with the lodge. We didn't check on the dinner menu. We just went hunting Eurasian doves.

Again, I won't post a pic. Get your jollies elsewhere.

We shot a couple.

Funny part, there was a rice burner parked out at The Rainbow Unit(Tri, that's a PUBLIC waterfowl unit, not where you hang out on weekends). Steamed up back window, girl "sitting" backwards in drivers seat. Luckily the geese were swarming off of private (Marriott s), so my 11yr old was convinced he could get one with his .410. Could have been an interesting conversation otherwise.

No, Tri, he didn't kill a goose, yeah I know, you would have ?.

Good enough? Want to know what we did Sat afternoon?

Now, go call the lodge, tell them to load up the feeder, get the heat turned on in the blind, and have yourself a nice steak, and let us hunters get back to it.

Quit dodging.

I didn't ask you to make up a hunting story for me now. I asked you to show me when was the last time you actually contributed a hunting thread to these forums.

Post a link. Lets see it. Quit ducking and dodging.

Go look at $fw site.

$8.6 million raised at expo

$4.6 million of that game via the auctions

$4 million raised via apps?

$fw pledged $882,000 to wildlife for 2020.

Money from EXPO, and other fundraisers.

60,000 people attended.

Now. Does $fw show how many individual apps they took in? No. I'll bet Slam, and MDF can tell me.

So, let's do real simple, basic math.

$4million from apps

State takes 3O%= $1.2 million

$fw keeps $2.8 million

They pledge out nearly $900,000

2.8 million- 900k= $1.9 million

You do the math. But I'm looking at $fw haul from expo being at least $1.8 million, especially considering the $882k they pledged, included ALL their fundraising, not just expo.

So, Jake. $1.9 million.

Is it in a Swiss bank? I doubt it. $fw is shady, not stupid.

That's using $fw numbers, from $fw own site.

$8.6 million just from expo. Safe to bet that after all there other tags, banquets, fundraisers, another $1million?

So in 2020, $fw touched roughly $10million dollars for "conservation", yet pledged $882,000.

Is it all legal? I'm sure it is. Let's not forget, THE DON, originated the whole scheme, $fw set it up, and I'll imagine got a say in the rules.

Shady? Yup. Illegal? Probably not.
So where did the other 9 million go? There has been lots and lots of investigating on this subject over the years surely somebody figured something out? Somebody has to have more then a baseless accusation to account for 90% of all the money you claim they brought in.

At this point I would like some proof to the claims of miss deeds hell it's been 10-15 years at this point somebody has to have something.

So where did the other 9 million go? There has been lots and lots of investigating on this subject over the years surely somebody figured something out? Somebody has to have more then a baseless accusation to account for 90% of all the money you claim they brought in.

At this point I would like some proof to the claims of miss deeds hell it's been 10-15 years at this point somebody has to have something.

That's not mine, yours or anyone else's responsibility.

It's $fw responsibility.

One they continually refuse to answer.

If I ask, on this site, what MDF did with the money, Slam takes almost 30 sec to show it. To the dollar.

And yeah. I blame 100% the current 500+ "conservation tags" orgy, on $fw.

They pushed it, they created it(thanks Tony Abbott), they maintain it.

For the gazillionith time, these questions all go away, by doing what MDF does

Quit dodging.

I didn't ask you to make up a hunting story for me now. I asked you to show me when was the last time you actually contributed a hunting thread to these forums.

Post a link. Lets see it. Quit ducking and dodging.

You mistake me for someone who gives a chit what you ask.

Push on my avatar, push the ignore button.

Nope Tri. I've never been hunting. For sure never been behind a tall fence, at a lodge, holding hands with a guide, in a heated blind, next to a corn feeder.

You got me there.

Cuz as we all know, only the baddest hunters on the planet, live in the 5th biggest city in the country. Lots of hardcore pursuit going on there.

Now, I'd ask you to sit quietly while Jake and I have a discussion. But, like a rooster at day break, I know you won't.

You are still dodging. Still ducking.

You aren't a hunter. You are a hateful child. You don't have anything to offer but hate.

Says the boy who has never once started an actual thread about hunting.

Notrace,

That's my point. Hossblur is an antihunter. He's a troll who's only purpose is turning hunters against each other. Go look and see if he has ever once posted a story about himself hunting. He hasn't.

Says the boy who has never once started an actual thread about hunting.

Notrace,

That's my point. Hossblur is an antihunter. He's a troll who's only purpose is turning hunters against each other. Go look and see if he has ever once posted a story about himself hunting. He hasn't.?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom