F & G LIVE TRAPPING WOLVES

blindsquirrel1

Just recieved info that Fish & game are live trapping wolves in priest lake area unit 1 right now. Any of you know anything about this & if so what do they intend to do with them? I cant picture anything good coming from this. ????

Put em in Pelosi's district. We should all bask in the warmth of these wonderful creatures.

Did you get this info at the local bar? I have searched and talked to a few people in the know and have come up empty. Lets see your info or this is just hearsay BS?

>Did you get this info at
>the local bar? I have
>searched and talked to a
>few people in the know
>and have come up empty.
>Lets see your info or
>this is just hearsay BS?
>
Don't know if it was said @ the local bar but the info comes from local CO Tom Whalin to a friend of mine. The friend repeated it to me. The friend had nothing to gain from making up the conversation & is very reliable.

IF THIS IS TRUE , I WOULD GUESS THAT THE F & G WOULD APPRECIATE IF YOU COULD KEEP IT QUIET.

TRAP THEM AND THEN RELOCATE TO AN ELK HERD NEAR YOU OR A STATE NEAR YOU.

I WONDER IF THIS IS THE FEDS OR OUR STATE F & G

I WONDER WHICH STATES ARE NEXT ON THE LIST FOR WOLVES

note:

all trapping of wolfs is live trapping right up until the dispatch. (snaring and the occasional lucky 330 not included)

*if that is the case then the Feds General Trapper has been "live trapping" for years in the upper Payette lake and burgdorf area to protect the sheep herds, and relocating them to a beautiful dirt sanctuary ;)

>*if that is the case then
>the Feds General Trapper has
>been "live trapping" for years
>in the upper Payette lake
>and burgdorf area to protect
>the sheep herds, and relocating
>them to a beautiful dirt
>sanctuary ;)

Bingo!

Perhaps the area was confused?

Dec 9, 2011
Idaho Fish & Game plans to enlist government trappers and helicopter gunners
State targets Lolo wolves By ERIC BARKER of the Lewiston Tribune |
An Idaho Department of Fish and Game official said Thursday the state will use aerial gunning and professional and government trappers to kill wolves in the Lolo Zone, even as public hunting and trapping seasons continue.
Dave Cadwallader, supervisor of the department's Clearwater Region, said he wants a multipronged approach to wolf control in the difficult-to-access area where elk herds are hurting.
My goal is not to wait," he said. "Let's layer all of those tools over the top of each other and try to implement each of them."
The department's conservation officers who patrol the Lochsa River portion of the Lolo Zone are poised to begin trapping efforts in the next several days. The department is seeking to hire an experienced wolf trapper from Alaska or Canada to work in the more remote North Fork Clearwater basin, and plans to enlist the help of federal agents from the Wildlife Services agency in a helicopter- gunning exercise later this winter.

Tom Keegan
IDFG Salmon Region Wildlife Manager

Tom thanks for what you bring to this forum, & I do hope that the local CO was wrong when he stated that they were live trapping wolves @ Priest Lake. I would hate to think live wolves were being relocated, even if was to an out of stste location.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom