Fall-away rest

WesternSky

My buddy is looking to buy a new fall away rest. What kind do you guys like and why?

Is there any that he should stay away from?

I've recently fallen in love with the Trophy Ridge Drop Slide and Drop Shot. Both are easy to time, even with the fastest bows and easy to tune. I've never had such good bullet holes through paper.

The quad ultra rest is another good rest and the Nap 4000 works well too. The nice thing about the quad is it locks into the up position and will hold an arrow for you in the rest and your arrow always starts from the same point. The limb driver is also good but I've never used one. I've used the quad and nap and they work well.

I like the rip cord. Works very well with my bow. I can lock it in the up position if I want and with the bar above it, is a decent capture rest.

I sold the Trophy Taker and bought the G5 Expert II. I liked the TT however my new G5 is quieter, and I really like that the rest never contacts the shelf of the bow. Currently I think that almost all of the drop away rests are good, fall away quick, and will leave your bow shooting bullet holes. I just like th G5 for it's design and quietness.

www.g5outdoors.com/#sec_expertII

}}-SLIVER-->

Big Pig, I just put a Drop Slide on my Drenalin and it does shoot perfect bullet holes through paper. The arm is extremely solid compared to the old Drop Zone and I liked that rest.

Anyone considering buying a fall away rest owes it to themselves to take a long hard look at the new second generation Muzzy Zero Effect Rest. I have the older Gen/One ZE rest on two of my bows and I would not trade it for a free DA rest of any other design. Also do yourself one more favor and go to www.bowsite.com and ask for opinions on DA rests especially the new Muzzy ZE you should get all the info you will need to deside. Also do a search for info on Muzzy ZE rests or any other you might be interested in, you might be surprised at the amount of info you find.

The resions the Muzzy ZE rest is my favorite rest I have ever used are the fallowing:
-Works exactly as advertized
-Holds the arrow so well you would have to hunt upside down before the arrow falls off.
-Once assembled my two have not loosened or needed adjustment and that over seven years and 1000s of shots taken in that time frame.
-It is well made to the point of being nearly bomb proof
-Comes with a excellent video on how to set it up, so set up is not that hard.
-It's large hook style rest will pick up you arrow all the time everytime

Im sorry I can not list more info, but time is short right now as I am being yelled at to leave for Easter dinner.

Give the Nxt Gen Muzzy Zero Affect rest a look. Like I said i would pass up any other rest for free and buy a Muzzy ZE rest.

Enjoy your family today on Easter Sunday.
Arthur.

I also like the RipCord the best of any I've tried. I've been using one for a few years now and it has been flawless. The full arrow capture with the rest locked up and a drop away in one package is hard to beat.

Cheers,
Pete

I have used the Trophy Ridge drop zone for a few years now on a couple different bows (Mathews LX and PSE X Force) and am happy with it. I do hear good stuff on the QAD HD as well, but have no first hand experience.

>I've recently fallen in love with
>the Trophy Ridge Drop Slide
>and Drop Shot. Both
>are easy to time, even
>with the fastest bows and
>easy to tune. I've
>never had such good bullet
>holes through paper.

Here is the problem with them though, they get clogged with dust and wont function right in bad conditions. I had one fail on me during my antalope hunt this year, back to the Trophytaker for me!

QAD HD No Doubt about it!
The rest is easy to set up, has micro adjustment sashes, drops fast, comes with felt kit for silencing, and to me the most important feature is that when you draw on an animal the cocking mechanism will hold the arrow in place, even after you let the string tension off. I've tried the other capture rest and this is best feature I've seen.

I would consider the Limb Driver too. I have had great results with them and they are a breeze to set up. Takes less than five minutes.

i dont like fall away rest but if i had to choose ii would go with the trophy ridge

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom