Favorite War Movie?

Even though I've never sat still long enough to watch the whole Move clear through,and only seen the whole thing in sections!

Saving Private Ryan!

I used to know of places worth Hiking in to for Elk & Deer!
Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the USFS not enforcing Rules you can Zing in to them Places on Wheelers now & not see a Damn thing!
But by GAWD it don't take long for them U-Tards to get there with all the Unethical BS and the New Technology!

u-571, maybe because after serving on modern ones, I know those guys back then were a different type of man! Couldn't imagine doing what they did on those old diesel boats.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

The Dirty Dozen, and no, I'm not talking about the chubhouse members after a long night on Ryan's privates!

Band of Brothers. Story told of the 101st E Company like none other.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

LAST EDITED ON Nov-11-13 AT 07:57PM (MST)[p]Saving Private Ryan, could only stand to watch it once?

The Longest Day and The Bridge Over River Kwai were a couple of the old, old, old favorites.

DC

Platoon, though it depresses me when I watch it.

After that Saving Private Ryan and the series Band of Brothers (yea, I know it is not a movie).

we were soldiers......

When you go swimming in the ocean, it is very cold, and it makes my willy small

Battle Cry! is my personal favorite Hollywood movie.

Band of Brothers has the be the best of the best though. Most especially if you read the books written by ##### Winters, Don Malarkey, David Kenyon Webster, Bill Guarnere/Babe Hefron, and Buck Compton. They really fill in the blanks and also debunk some of the little things the movie got wrong. Perhaps the most interesting part about reading the books is listening to different men tell different versions of the same story. If you only read one, read ##### Winters book, "Beyond band of Brothers". No surprise that is was the best. Webster's book, " Parachute Infantry: An American Paratrooper's Memoir of D-Day and the Fall of the Third Reich", came out long before any of the other books.

The Great Escape. My uncle was a POW in Germany and was involved in tunnel digging. Steve McQueen was awesome doing his own stunt work.

Star Wars!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Nontyp. I remember Hell in the Pacific, Good movie.
My favorite's Saving Private Ryan, Last of the Mohicans, and We were Soldiers

Patton, next would be Gettysburg

Mark
muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret, not even the elk have found it yet.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-14-13 AT 05:39PM (MST)[p]U-571
MTN said it best after patrolling the sea in a modern one thos was another breed to ride in those things, did one sea trip in a diesel. I like the SSN fast attacks.

Band of Brothers
We were Soldiers
Dancing with Wolves

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I was a kid, maybe 7 or 8 when I saw the Duke in Green Beret. I liked Good Moring Veitnam. But I probable enjoyed Dirty dozen as much as any of them.

Yelum

Theres logic, and theres women. They don't go together.

>we were soldiers......
>
>
>When you go swimming in the
>ocean, it is very cold,
>and it makes my willy
>small

Same here. And appropriate for this time of year.

Enemy at the Gates was a good one - had no idea what folks inside Russia went through during WW2 until I saw that.

Mark
muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret, not even the elk have found it yet.

>I can't believe nobody mentioned RAMBO,
>or Red dawn?

It was war movies that Sally Jane Rottencroth asked about.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom