Fee's going up?

UGAhunter

For what it is worth, Idaho legislation has been proposed to increase resident fees:

http://legislature.idaho.gov//legislation/2015/H0032.pdf

It is probably justified and needed. However, it really hurts when your paying for 5 people to hunt and fish in Idaho and they add $1 to $5 to every tag, permit and license! They're even going to charge us $1 for the ridiculous federally mandated migratory bird permit now.

Like you said, it's needed.

It would hurt worse to not be able to buy tags OTC every year for every species, if there weren't enough funds to manage predators.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-03-15 AT 11:21AM (MST)[p]Wow am I reading this correctly that a NR Wolf tag will cost $184.25? It is currently $31.75. Ouch that will slow down help on the NR Wolf kills.

DZ

dz, that is the current NR wolf tag fee set by law. The IDFG the authority and currently discounts those tags to the $31.75 price.

>LAST EDITED ON Feb-03-15
>AT 11:21?AM (MST)

>
>Wow am I reading this correctly
>that a NR Wolf tag
>will cost $184.25? It
>is currently $31.75. Ouch
>that will slow down help
>on the NR Wolf kills.
>
>
>DZ

I believe it has always cost $184.25 but is reduced through other means to $31.75.

Great news. I hope it stays the same. Thanks for the info guys. Rings a bell from the past. Guess I'm getting old.

DZ

I had to call you out, but a small dollar increase isn't crap. For a family of 5, if everyone hunts and gets 3 tags a years that would be about 40 extra dollars a year in tag fees (very rough estimate at a 2% increase). Lets face it that's less than half of the family of 5's grocery bill. Not to mention all the lean meat that is around 4 dollars a pound the family will bring home. Or look at it this way a video game costs 40 dollars, don't buy it for a kid and instead take them hunting. I wish they would double the price of resident tags. Look at it this way. In Idaho I buy a sportmans pack, which allows me to hunt and fish about anything in the state for around 125 bucks. Thats letting me do everything I enjoy for 365 days. That's less than 3 dollars a day. If I go to a fancy ski resort or fancy golf course I am look at easily over a hundred dollars for a day of enjoyment myself. If I were to balance that out for a year every day then that's 36,500 dollars. Yes I know you wouldn't do that everyday, but I am just showing that as far as license and tags go for a hobby, Idaho is dirt cheap for residents. Also maybe if tags were double you would see less people hunting. Which would weed out a few people who don't value hunting enough to pay the added increase. Less people hunting would equate to less people crowding into the hills (better hunt experience), decreased animal harvest (better hunt experience). Idaho has pretty much the cheapest resident tags in the western states. I understand that some people want to just fill the freezer, and that's understandable. To counter that argument, most people drive at least an hour to get to their hunting spots in a truck. Say you take 5 trips to harvest your cow elk. That's at least quadruple that amount of money you spent on gas versus what the tag costs you. I don't make very much money at all, but I am willing to pay for something that I love.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-03-15 AT 02:52PM (MST)[p]You've convinced me Pooner! I came off as a whining boob, although my intent was simply to be informative.

I currently only spend about $620/year in resident license, tags, permits, and controlled hunt application fees for my household, and it IS worth it! This change will add another $70, and I will pay it while sporting a smile. One of the best days of the year is when I pick up my Sportsman's Package!

You've also convinced me that a 20% increase is not really enough. We should double the price of all license, tags and fees (triple them would be even better) and weed out a bunch of people that can't afford the price, which would result in much better hunting for people like me and you. :) If we raised the price of resident CH elk tags to $300 (more in line with UT resident tags), that would help our odd at those tags too!

Unfortunately, our legislature is very resistant to increasing resident fee's.

Everything goes up. If we residents don't keep up our share of funding, we will pay for it in reduced opportunity in one way or another. Newton's 3rd law.

when i look at that list, i thought the new prices were the prices already today! ha... i guess i wont be too surprised if it passes...

Travis

>>LAST EDITED ON Feb-03-15
>>AT 11:21?AM (MST)

>>
>>Wow am I reading this correctly
>>that a NR Wolf tag
>>will cost $184.25? It
>>is currently $31.75. Ouch
>>that will slow down help
>>on the NR Wolf kills.
>>
>>
>>DZ
>
>I believe it has always cost
>$184.25 but is reduced through
>other means to $31.75.

i think that 184 includes the license and tag fee. so its not changed.

>>>LAST EDITED ON Feb-03-15
>>>AT 11:21?AM (MST)

>>>
>>>Wow am I reading this correctly
>>>that a NR Wolf tag
>>>will cost $184.25? It
>>>is currently $31.75. Ouch
>>>that will slow down help
>>>on the NR Wolf kills.
>>>
>>>
>>>DZ
>>
>>I believe it has always cost
>>$184.25 but is reduced through
>>other means to $31.75.
>
>
>
>i think that 184 includes the
>license and tag fee.
>so its not changed.

No. The IDF&G Commission discounts the NR wolf tags to $31.75.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom