Feral hogs on Arizona Strip

LAST EDITED ON Nov-10-13 AT 09:15AM (MST)[p]Has anybody been after these stinkin pigs lately? I live relatively close and I think I'm gonna go give them a try. I contacted the strip BLM office and they are supposed to be sending me packet of information about hunting them in the mail. From the online research I've done I've found out some pretty general information about where they hang.

What kinda numbers of pigs do you think are out there. I was reading an article from earlier this year where Arizona officials said there probably around 40 or 50 of them but an outfitter how does guided hunts for them with dogs claims he thinks there may be as many as 300. Do any of you have any opinions about how many are out there or if the numbers are growing or shrinking?

My buddies and I are planning a trip down to go look for some in the next month or two. I know it's kind of a long shot but hey, I spent 15 years eating my Utah general season elk tag before finally getting my first bull this year so I'm not afraid of a snipe hunt! I figure if nothing else the playground of Mesquite, Nevada is pretty close and we can go have some fun there if there are no pigs to be found!

>Contact Don Martin at [email protected] as
>he sees them every time
>he is up there and
>has numerous trail cam photos
>of them. He also posts
>here in the AZ Forum.
>

We do not have feral hogs in AZ.

WE do offer javelina hunts ( must draw a tag- but tags are left over after the most recent draw and can be applied for) for archery, HAM (Handgun-Archery-Muzzleloader) and rifle. We also offer juniors hunts.

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

That looks like a cut and paste from some dated info off AWO's website. Call the man if you think I am misinformed. Mind you, I didn't refer the guy for a hunt, but rather for info where Don has seen hogs and has photographed them. The hogs are up there and perhaps Don will give the original inquirer a spot or two to start looking.

There are Feral Hogs spread throughout almost all of 13b now . Last season I even got pics of a Feral Pig on 13a @ Carols Tank . The population of the Feral pigs is spreading. The most concentrated areas however is on the North and South base of Black Rock MT and all over Mud Mountain . Even Mustang Springs areas . 1 Trail Cam pic alone revealed almost 30 Pigs . lol .

Maybe a post is needed to clear this up.

When I received an inquiry about hunting feral hogs I sent back the message that you see above.

The message I got didn't state they were interested in hogs on the Strip.

How that been asked, obviously I'd have a different reply.

Yes, there are pigs up there.

However I've been told by a pretty good source that the locals in St. George have been using dogs and have hammered them in the past year.

In 2012 when I was up there on archery deer hunts I saw three different groups from 5 to 15.

This year, despite spending about 12 days up there on the same hunt in the same area I saw exactly 0 pigs!

So...

I do have photos of feral pigs but won't post them cause they would tell exactly where they were. There were about 20 of them, and they were coal black!

I wanted to go back up there in the off season to hunt them, but my friends in St. George who I told where they were, said they had moved out of that area.

Sorry for any confusion about the feral pigs on the Strip.

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

LAST EDITED ON Nov-11-13 AT 04:38PM (MST)[p]Nevermind. I see I had a similar reply in the other feral hog thread.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom