fire in Ruidoso

Live in Roswell could see the smoke. Buddy camping near nogal said they are being booted out by forest service.

We were evacuated from Bonita lake last night. That fire is going to be a bad one, watched it move about 4 miles in less than 3 hrs! Got some pretty cool pics I'll try to post up soon.

I just call em as I see em!

Smoke was in Amarillo this afternoon when the plane I was crewing landed. On the way back to Albuquerque, we didn't get above the smoke until 26000 feet and the plume looks HUGE near Sierra Blanca.

Just got an update from my Sis.:

It appears half of the White Mountain Wilderness is GONE. More importantly the fire line is going through home areas. Hope it gets stopped before hers!

Looking pretty bad down there.

Got a call from my sister and she said that 100 houses have already been destroyed by the fire. She left here home last night and the last she heard was that the fire was three miles from here house. Say a little prayer for that whole community.

I live here in Ruidoso and it is scary.I have several friends who have lost there homes and several who are just waiting anxiously to get through this.The smoke is super bad especially over sierra blanca.The wind is not helping at all.The fire is 5 miles from reaching capitan,,traveling fast.The devistation is unspeakable,,,,,like to say thank you to all who are concerned and have posted.The evacuees will not be let back in for 5-7 days.There is some information on the website Ruidoso free press.

latest uploaded

29042.jpg

My heart and prayers go out to the people of Ruidoso and surrounding communities. Second year in a row for big fires.

175 strucrures are completely destroyed,,does not mean they are all houses but a lot of them are.We have several friends who are homeless right now and we have done what we can for them.I cant imajine the feeling they are going through.My wife and children are taking a step back and realizing how thankful we have been.Last year we were within 200 yards of the white fire.We have a lot of people here who are trying to make things better and to all those people THANK YOU.All the lucky 36 permit holders,,,hunt low.

My dad and I both have tags there. Mine is archery and his is rifle. Hope they don't shut the unit down but I suppose that is nothing compared to someone who has lost their home!

total of 234 structures destroyed. 224 of those are houses. very sad. a friend of mine still dont know if his house is gone or not. my prayers to all involved

Dang, NM can't catch a break, Right now you guys have Buzzard Luck. Praying for cooler weather.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Size: approx. 39,458 acres

Containment: 60 %

http://www.inciweb.org/incident/2903/

What is hard to understand is that there are reports of the crew who was letting this fire burn naturally for four days; called in water support after it started jumping their lines. But it was refused from HQ.
I know Congressman Steve Pierce is pretty hot about it, along with most people who live there.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom