FIRE

bigcreekmetal

That is one narly fire burning in unit 40. That thing could really mess with a lucky tag holders hunting plans by the time its out. Im looking at it from Nampa and it looks like its stretching a dang long ways.

My son's HotShot crew just relocated to the Soda fire. There are now 30,000 acres involved and it is getting extreme. Have 200 people on it, but only about 20-30% contained so far. Pray for low wind and moisture to help them fight it.

I guess that depends on where you hunt big game. Over 200,000 thousand acres. That's a lot of ground. I've heard there are fires in the mountains south of silver city as well.

>I guess that depends on where
>you hunt big game. Over
>200,000 thousand acres. That's a
>lot of ground. I've heard
>there are fires in the
>mountains south of silver city
>as well.

Yes there is one contained and another is still going aside from the big girl.

The only bad thing is if the zone is closed. Otherwise, the game will move back in to feed on the new growth as soon as it sprouts. Plus, I heard that they are planning a reseeding effort (rumor perhaps?). I remember the yellowstone fires. A biologist told me that the game moved back in as soon as the ground cooled.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom