First NV Buck

BMosh

127img201510051018000362.jpg

First time applying and drawing in NV this year.

Nice buck. Should be good eating too. Alfalfa fed?

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

Very respectable buck you got there! Nice and even, nice all around. Congrats!

What's the story on the Hunt?

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

>Nice buck. Should be good eating
>too. Alfalfa fed?
>
>
>[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I
>just stir it.[/font]

Yup. Fatal mistake of feeding in the alfalfa and bedding in the sage.

Well, there's not much story to it. Spent most of the preseason gearing up for hunting the back country. Made two scouting trips out that way. On the second trip, the weather was a little cruddy so I spent a day poking around the lowlands. Found this guy amongst a heard of about 30 on some public ground adjacent to some private. Watched them for two days and found their beds in the sage on public. Came back day before the opener and found them where I suspected they would be.. In the alfalfa on private ground. Game planned for two days, trying to catch them coming to bed. Figured if they were locked up on private more than two days, I wouldn't waste anymore time on them. Well at about 0930 on opening morning, they blew off the alfalfa and headed for the sage. I was in position to intercept and made the shot at 355 yards, perfectly broadside. That was all she wrote.

Gorgeous buck. I think Ive seen his group.

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

great looking buck congrats, what unit were you hunting? what do you think he will score ?

That's a fine buck Mosh,
Doing your homework paid off. You will hunt long and hard to find one better.
Congratulations

going,

I drew the hardest deer tag in Nevada to draw this year with only 9 PPs so you never know. Next year may be yours.

Congrats on a great buck.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom