First One Antlered Deer

Has anyone found any sheds or seen deer that have dropped? I saw my first one this morning. Two bucks walked thru our front pasture. One 3 point, one 2 point. The 2 point had lost one side already. I checked with binos and he had a bloody spot on his head, so it was definitely shed, not broken.

I've heard that the Deer and Elk drop early when they are stressed. With all of the snow already this year would this be considered dropping early ?

I actually found my first shed 2 days ago.. A nice four point that should be a good buck the next few years, should the weather permit it.. Actually thanks to someone trespassing on my ground I found it. it was on our road and a snowmobile kicked it out of it's hiding place for me. I don't shed hunt til the deer have moved off our winter ranges, but of course I'm not passin up one layin in the road, and it's not January 1st. I have seen december shedders before but I had never found one til the other day. Gets me excited for shed hunting to begin :D.. Good luck to all ethical shed hunters!!

Utah boys and girls-
Don't forget to take your online course and get your free permit if you plan on picking up sheds from january 31st thru april 15th, it should be online and available within the next couple weeks.

Good luck everyone and lets try to be a bit more careful with both the wintering animals and the fragile habitat for the next few months and don't be afraid to do a little "policing" while out there to catch violators.
Those violators will only make things tougher for the good guys!!

Good luck, be safe, have fun and post pix!! ;-)

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

i found a two point antler about a week ago, then on friday while taking a guy cow hunting i found a good 3 point shed on top of the snow. i was very surprised!

Slow down fellas, you're getting me too excited for being the first part of January................

good ole northern utah! I have never seen one drop this early until this year, i guess a few dew here and there

I have seen two elk only packing 1 antler in the last week. The other side wasn't broken off. It's really early for that.

Antler gathering ethics course for Utah is online now.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom