First time hunting 16B any tips on Location

VRE

I drew a 16B archery 2nd hunt tag. I have hunted 16a before, but this is the first time going in with horses in the wilderness. I would to get any help or info on good locations in where to hunt and where to go in and how far. Any tips would be appreciated.

>Willow Creek is the best area
>to go in. If you
>go in 8 to 10
>miles you will have no
>problem finding bulls. Good luck!
>

Why don't you just give him GPS coordinates to every wallow you know about while you're at it??? At least p.m. this stuff!!!! Obviously you haven't been to willow Creek in a while , getting 8-10 miles in from that side is gonna be fun after the floods...

>>Willow Creek is the best area
>>to go in. If you
>>go in 8 to 10
>>miles you will have no
>>problem finding bulls. Good luck!
>>
>
>
>Why don't you just give him
>GPS coordinates to every wallow
>you know about while you're
>at it??? At least p.m.
>this stuff!!!! Obviously you haven't
>been to willow Creek in
>a while , getting 8-10
>miles in from that side
>is gonna be fun after
>the floods...

Really? PM the name of a creek and say 8-10 miles back. That's some GOLDEN Info! If i understand correctly, he was simply trying to help the guy out with a place to start. I bet you everybody on this site is falling over themselves to help you out....

It is real simple.

If you dont want to share info, dont do it.

If someone does, it is none of your damn business to comment on it just to be a prick.

>It is real simple.
>
>If you dont want to share
>info, dont do it.
>
>If someone does, it is none
>of your damn business to
>comment on it just to
>be a prick.
+1

>It is real simple.
>
>If you dont want to share
>info, dont do it.
>
>If someone does, it is none
>comment on it just to
>be a prick.

+1 Paul

LAST EDITED ON Sep-01-16 AT 07:53AM (MST)[p]>>>Willow Creek is the best area
>>>to go in. If you
>>>go in 8 to 10
>>>miles you will have no
>>>problem finding bulls. Good luck!
>>>
>>
>>
>>Why don't you just give him
>>GPS coordinates to every wallow
>>you know about while you're
>>at it??? At least p.m.
>>this stuff!!!! Obviously you haven't
>>been to willow Creek in
>>a while , getting 8-10
>>miles in from that side
>>is gonna be fun after
>>the floods...
>
>
>Really? PM the name of a
>creek and say 8-10 miles
>back. That's some GOLDEN Info!
>If i understand correctly, he
>was simply trying to help
>the guy out with a
>place to start. I bet
>you everybody on this site
>is falling over themselves to
>help you out....

I don't know if I understand you're post , if I do you're ability to detect sarcasm doesn't work very well. I was being sarcastic!! Ive helped tons of people on this website Paul so if you're post directed at me ,than maybe youre the prick. There are ways to help without BELTING out info to the world. I saddled my own horse loaded my own pack horse got my a$$ and went and found these places on my own . Met people along the way and have gave helping hands to plenty . Maybe more guys who draw these primo tags should do the same instead of waiting an hour before opening day .

VRE- For the record my post was not meant to be toward you in any way. It's the response that I was talking about. Good luck on your hunt.

Willow creek is a general area and starting location. You can go anywhere from there. The floods have messed up the trails but you can still get around in there. Great unit and great hunt! I should give all the coordinates away! Nothing is secret about the info i give. You can go one mile in from that trail and kill a monster bull.

>I don't know if I understand
>you're post , if I
>do you're ability to detect
>sarcasm doesn't work very well.
>I was being sarcastic!! Ive
>helped tons of people on
>this website Paul so if
>you're post directed at me
>,than maybe youre the prick.
>There are ways to help
>without BELTING out info to
>the world. I saddled my
>own horse loaded my own
>pack horse got my a$$
>and went and found these
>places on my own .
>Met people along the way
>and have gave helping hands
>to plenty . Maybe more
>guys who draw these primo
>tags should do the same
>instead of waiting an hour
>before opening day .
>
Real simple. If someone wants to share info, it is nobodies business. If they want to post it in the forum, send it in the PM etc. Read the last sentence you wrote and you give yourself away. It is none of your business what someone does with their tag. If it is the first time they ever went hunting, or if they are a expert. If someone asks for help it is a real easy choice. Help or don't help. Save your self righteous attitude for somewhere else. It does not impress here.

>
>>I don't know if I understand
>>you're post , if I
>>do you're ability to detect
>>sarcasm doesn't work very well.
>>I was being sarcastic!! Ive
>>helped tons of people on
>>this website Paul so if
>>you're post directed at me
>>,than maybe youre the prick.
>>There are ways to help
>>without BELTING out info to
>>the world. I saddled my
>>own horse loaded my own
>>pack horse got my a$$
>>and went and found these
>>places on my own .
>>Met people along the way
>>and have gave helping hands
>>to plenty . Maybe more
>>guys who draw these primo
>>tags should do the same
>>instead of waiting an hour
>>before opening day .
>>
>Real simple. If someone wants
>to share info, it is
>nobodies business. If they
>want to post it in
>the forum, send it in
>the PM etc. Read
>the last sentence you wrote
>and you give yourself away.
> It is none of
>your business what someone does
>with their tag. If
>it is the first time
>they ever went hunting, or
>if they are a expert.
> If someone asks for
>help it is a real
>easy choice. Help or
>don't help. Save your self
>righteous attitude for somewhere else.
> It does not impress
>here.

My last sentence gives myself away? That makes absolutely no sense! Like I previously stated I've helped plenty of people on this forum before. Matter of fact I offered to help the author of this post as well. The simple thing is ,if I'm not talking to you mind your own business.

Nobody questioned if you have helped or not. I could care less.

"Maybe more
>>guys who draw these primo
>>tags should do the same
>>instead of waiting an hour
>>before opening day .

This is the last sentence that gave you away. It is none of your GD business who has what tag, what they do with it, or whether they know anything about the unit.

My business is to moderate this forum, sodealing with your BS is my problem. If by talking down about inexperienced hunters or those that ask for help makes you feel more important go try to build up your self esteem some where else.

Everyone is welcome to come on this NM forum and share stories, pics, advice, jokes, sarcasm and other NM related buffoonery.

However, every year posts show up talking crap about hunters asking for help, or insinuating that they should not or other self ingratiating BS. It is not welcome here.

You are welcome here, and you normally always contribute in a positive way. However, discouraging new hunters pisses me off, and I will not ignore it. Hope this is clear, and I am sorry if you got the brunt of it, since, it is not a uncommon occurrence every year. I do not remember you making these types of posts in the past, just don't want to see them in the future.

>Nobody questioned if you have helped
>or not. I could care
>less.
>
>"Maybe more
>>>guys who draw these primo
>>>tags should do the same
>>>instead of waiting an hour
>>>before opening day .
>
>This is the last sentence that
>gave you away. It
>is none of your GD
>business who has what tag,
>what they do with it,
>or whether they know anything
>about the unit.
>
>My business is to moderate this
>forum, sodealing with ?But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives,
and he will stand upon the earth at last.
26 And after my body has decayed,
yet in my body I will see God!
>is my problem. If
>by talking down about inexperienced
>hunters or those that ask
>for help makes you feel
>more important go try to
>build up your self esteem
>some where else.
>
>Everyone is welcome to come on
>this NM forum and share
>stories, pics, advice, jokes, sarcasm
>and other NM related buffoonery.
>
>
>However, every year posts show up
>talking crap about hunters asking
>for help, or insinuating that
>they should not or other
>self ingratiating BS. It
>is not welcome here.
>
>You are welcome here, and you
>normally always contribute in a
>positive way. However, discouraging
>new hunters pisses me off,
>and I will not ignore
>it. Hope this is
>clear, and I am sorry
>if you got the brunt
>of it, since, it is
>not a uncommon occurrence every
>year. I do not
>remember you making these types
>of posts in the past,
>just don't want to see
>them in the future.

Good form, "Mr. Moderator" . Just the way you turned my business into yours, is how I turned someone else's into mine. "PUBLIC FORUM" being a "representative" of our n.m. forum , I do ask your terminology be more respectful, and professional,
"
"your GD business"
"your BS"
Thank you

>NMpaul you need to change your
>tampon !!

I like that, gonna use it if I ever get in an argument with a 12 year old.

>
>Good form, "Mr. Moderator" . Just
>the way you turned my
>business into yours, is how
>I turned someone else's into
>mine. "PUBLIC FORUM" being a
>"representative" of our n.m. forum
>, I do ask your
>terminology be more respectful, and
>professional,
>"
>"your GD business"
>"your BS"
>Thank you

I feel sorry for you if that is the best you got. Keep in mind should you choose to go after a hunter posting on this forum asking for help or a hunter posting on this forum that is giving someone help, I will call you out again.

>>NMpaul you need to change your
>>tampon !!
>
>I like that, gonna use it
>if I ever get in
>an argument with a 12
>year old.

lol you take your high tech job to serious..... Getting into an argument with a 12 year old shouldn't be hard for you you're the one on your computer just like a 12 year old 24/7. Go drink a beer and get real.

>>>NMpaul you need to change your
>>>tampon !!
>>
>>I like that, gonna use it
>>if I ever get in
>>an argument with a 12
>>year old.
>
>lol you take your high
>tech job to serious..... Getting
>into an argument with a
>12 year old shouldn't be
>hard for you you're the
>one on your computer just
>like a 12 year old
>24/7. Go drink a beer
>and get real.

+1 haha right!!!

>>
>>Good form, "Mr. Moderator" . Just
>>the way you turned my
>>business into yours, is how
>>I turned someone else's into
>>mine. "PUBLIC FORUM" being a
>>"representative" of our n.m. forum
>>, I do ask your
>>terminology be more respectful, and
>>professional,
>>"
>>"your GD business"
>>"your BS"
>>Thank you
>
>I feel sorry for you if
>that is the best you
>got. Keep in mind
>should you choose to go
>after a hunter posting on
>this forum asking for help
>or a hunter posting on
>this forum that is giving
>someone help, I will call
>you out again.

Ooooo ... okay Mr. Cyber tough guy I'll do just that.

>Ooooo ... okay Mr. Cyber tough
>guy I'll do just that.

You get more ridiculous every time you post. Bottom line is that it takes a small insecure person to go after people that are asking for help or go after people that have helped someone,as you have done.
All the shots you are taking at me do not change that. If you want to go back and forth on this, I could care less.

t>
>>Ooooo ... okay Mr. Cyber tough
>>guy I'll do just that.
>
>You get more ridiculous every time
>you post. Bottom line
>is that it takes a
>small insecure person to go
>after people that are asking
>for help or go after
>people that have helped someone,as
>you have done.
>All the shots you are taking
>at me do not change
>that. If you want
>to go back and forth
>on this, I could care
>less.

Dude , bottom line is I was never talking to the person that needed the help. I actually MESSAGED them offering assistance. I figure IF you're smart enough to be our " computer whizz moderator" you could distinguish the difference in my original response. The same way you have your opinion I have mine, and that is get off your computer , Put on your boots, pick up a map , and get out in your unit and put in the work , just like me and 1000 other guys on this Web site have done. Period..

>Dude , bottom line is I
>was never talking to the
>person that needed the help.
>I actually MESSAGED them
>offering assistance. I figure IF
>you're smart enough to be
>our " computer whizz moderator"
>you could distinguish the difference
>in my original response. The
>same way you have your
>opinion I have mine, and
>that is get off your
>computer , Put on your
>boots, pick up a map
>, and get out in
>your unit and put in
>the work , just like
>me and 1000 other guys
>on this Web site have
>done. Period..

I would be happy to have a reasonable conversation with you, but, every post you insist on acting like a punk kid.

I hope this is the last I have to post on this.

I enjoy scouting, shed hunting, and just exploring. I happen to be lucky enough to live right in the middle of some excellent country to do it in. This year, my son and I found and sold almost $6000 in sheds, not including the ones we liked and kept, or 15 or so dead heads. I realize that I am lucky to have the lifestyle I have and others are not as lucky.
So yes, I put the boots on the ground. Every year I take more people hunting than hunts I go on myself. I will be on 8 different elk hunts in Oct alone, and I will be relied on exclusively on 6 of them for almost everything including packing and cutting up their elk if they are so lucky.

I will not accept a penny for any of it. If they do insist on giving me something, I tell them to give my wife a gift certificate because she feeds us, puts up with me getting up early etc..
This does not include those that I try to help in PMs, on phone and meeting at my house to go over maps. I have been badly burned only twice (these are stories worth telling, but, at another time). I have made some very good friends, enjoyed myself, and gotten a little exercise out of the bargain.
I have no regrets, and will continue as long as I enjoy it.

I totally understand someone not wanting to share spots, especially if they have been burned.

I also apply in a lot of other states.

I have AZ, CO and KS tags this year. So I do ask for help. I try to help the guys that help me out, but, it does not always work that they can draw in units I am familiar with in NM. I am sure, that I have helped out way more than I have been helped, so I feel okay about it.

That all being said. If someone comes on here and humbles them selves to ask for help, they should not be subjected to ridicule, and self righteous attitude. Most of these are either new hunters, guys that have jobs with only 2 weeks vacation, economically limited or with family obligations that does not allow them to get out and scout.

Further, if a guy does help, he should not be subjected to peanut gallery azzholes sniping him.

Lastly, is the notion that these hunters do not deserve "elite" tags because they dont know the unit, or as a resident I cant draw it, or what ever justification some guys get to be rude to people that draw a tag that anyone has the same right to draw.
Some guy with a bunch of hunting stickers on his back window of his truck decides that certain hunters should not have certain tags is pathetic. That behavior pisses me off.

I moderate this forum until Brian decides I dont. Should he decide I do not, I am cool with that also. I will not sit by and watch new hunters get pounced on in this forum while I am the moderator.

BugleNMIN, I never even looked at who made the original posts. I did not care less who it was. It could have been someone I personally know and am friends with. I would have responded the same. I addressed it when I saw it. When you decided to make it personal and get shytty with me, then you got what you deserved. I would not have held anything against you, and I still will not, unless you just keep trying to provoke me. Then I will respond in the same childish way you have been.

BuglenmIN, I can't ban you or even delete your posts without involving Brian. I am not the kind of guy to do that anyhow unless someone really gets nuts. I fight my own battles However, I will address those type of posts in the same way I have, and the person making posts belittling other hunters will be exposed for what they are.

I am done with this, until you decide I am not.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-02-16 AT 09:28PM (MST)[p]Some guy with a bunch of hunting stickers on his back window of his truck decides that certain hunters should not have certain tags is pathetic. That behavior pisses me off.
I would agree with you on this 100% Paul . Anyone has the right to have any public tag , I guess what they do with it up to them .

Paul-"When you decided to make it personal and get shytty with me, then you got what you deserved.".

1st shot fired-Paul- " If someone does, it is none of your damn business to comment on it just to be a prick."

Pretty sure you got crappy with me !!!
So if that's how you want to respond every time,-Paul-" I will address those type of posts in the same way I have" -don't be surprised if you get the same type of response you did.

>LAST EDITED ON Sep-02-16
>AT 09:28?PM (MST)

>
>Some guy with a bunch of
>hunting stickers on his back
>window of his truck decides
>that certain hunters should not
>have certain tags is pathetic.
>That behavior pisses me off.
>
> I would agree with you
>on this 100% Paul .
>Anyone has the right to
>have any public tag ,
>I guess what they do
>with it up to them
>.
>
>Paul-"When you decided to make it
>personal and get shytty with
>me, then you got what
>you deserved.".
>
> 1st shot fired-Paul- " If
>someone does, it is none
>comment on it just to
>be a prick."
>
>Pretty sure you got crappy with
>me !!!
> So if that's how you
>want to respond every time,-Paul-"
>I will address those type
>of posts in the same
>way I have" -don't be
>surprised if you get the
>same type of response you
>did.

Don't have a clue what you are trying to say. I think my post was pretty clear.

>To be expected

I guess you're one of those guys that needs the last word. Make it an amiable one and it's yours. :)

>BUGLEnmIN,
>
>Please, for the love of God,
>sober up and STFU.
>
>Thanks

Me and Paul are already talking about dead bulls on another thread . if you'd like the opportunity to shut me up , I'm not far from Alb . Just let me know ;)

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom