fish in Seven Devils lake?

bigcreekmetal

Im heading to the Devils right quick but its been a long time since Ive been up there. Are there fish in the Seven Devils lake below Windy Saddle? I know there is in other lakes around there but heard this one was pretty baron of them. Ill take the poles just in case but does anyone know if there is indeed any trout in Seven Devils lake?

Best source of info for me is always the fish stocking reports under the IDFG website. Look up for any lake they have, or do, plant fish in. Don't know if those lakes would be Clearwater or Southwest listings.

Fished it a few years ago prior to heading out on a pack trip. Just small trout but was fun with a fly and bubble. My 12 year old at the time caught 20+ fish in an evening

Little update for those interested. We walked around most of the Seven Devils lake and we walked around all of lower Cannon lake. The water was clear so you could see about 30 yards or more out into the lake, even further depending on which side you were on in relation to the sun, but we never saw a single fish. We fished both lakes casting out into the deep using worms and spinners but never got a bite. I would have been cool with not getting any bites as long as I at least saw some fish but not seeing any was kind of weird because you can always see them in those clear waters in those high mountain lakes. At least one or two cruising around but there wasn't anything, unless they were all in the middle where it was dark. And if that's where they were they weren't interested in anything I had to offer in the way of bait because I flung it out there. We did however see several bulls and one was bugling like crazy and lots of whitetail deer about a third of which were bucks. The bulls came to within about 25 yards of us so that was cool. Oh also if you plan a trip up there and want to take a horse don't go yet until you talk to the Forest Service because the trail is impassable for horses due to blowdown. Between where the trail starts at the parking lot up top and where the Cannon Lake trail turns off the main trail there must have been around 200 trees that had fallen across the trail. It was pretty nasty but the country this time of year is absolutely beautiful.

In the summer of 2013 I climbed up to the peak behind the lake and that lake was boiling with fish jumping

Another side note, I talked to the lady at the forest service office in Riggins and she told me the trail that makes the loop around the devils has thousands of trees blown down over it and their trail crew will not be able to get it cleared off this year because it is a wilderness area so they cannot use chain saws! Whoever is on that trail crew is going to be some dang tough folks by the end of this summer using those bucksaws on all those big trees..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom