Found dead head

bucksnducks

I found this dead head on my Wasatch LE bow hunt this year. It's probably 3-4 years old not a giant but pretty cool. And yes I contacted the DWR and they issued me a tag to take it right over the phone. They were great to work with. This was near strawberry. Just wondering if someone needs closure on a bull they couldn't recover.
11349a352886935f746aea7277b943aa23b67.jpeg

468130527710229cf43cf829d1430d221b7df.jpeg

10640aa05fab12a3f4ee692fde94b0df32182.jpeg

Nice find. I have an honest question. If you find a dead head in Utah or other states, is it required by law to report such find? In Colo. I have found 3 similar elk heads similar to yours and never thought or considered of any requirement to any notification of finds. I once found 2 locked mule deer heads and never considered reporting it.

In Utah you have to get permission to take a deadhead from a division officer. He texted me a permit stating I could possess the dead head. Not sure on Colorado. I know Wyoming requires you to report it and they called me back after they investigate it. They placed a metal tag on it and I went back and picked it up later.

But wouldn't it be cool if the real hunter found he's trophy after all this time

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

I had an archery tag about 4 years ago. Did not shoot at that bull, but it looks similar to one I chased them he disappeared from the canyon I was in. Seems someone else hit him.

>But wouldn't it be cool if
>the real hunter found he's
>trophy after all this time
>
>
>Joe

I don't mean to get caught up on semantics here, but if the
"real hunter" did not recover the bull, the trophy is not his. It's too bad how many awesome elk are killed each year without recovery. No worries, most just go kill another one or two afterward.

Bucks and ducks is the one who asked the question if anyone thinks they shot him.

While I do agree with you that he could just keep the head, and to be honest I probably would given the age. But he asked if anyone else ?needs closure? on a bull they might have shot.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom