Founder on T.V.!

fstop

Brian and I chased monster muleys on the opener of the archery deer hunt. The show will air this Saturday at 11:00pm on KUTV. Brian, Jerold Olsen (Ducks Unlimited Regional Director), Reece and I packed into the backcountry about five miles with llamas and did a real fun story on the opener. Sorry to say I missed one of the "big ones", but we did have a heck of a time.
If you don't get channel 2 in SLC, you can check out the stories on kutv.com under the Roughin It Outdoors section on Monday.

I'll also have a short story on the buck that Kip Fowler took. He is a really nice guy and I can't think of anyone who deserved that buck more...well other than me! Great guy and even nicer friends.

On a side note. The next time you talk to Founder, ask him why he likes to take showers in front of ladies he doesn't even know!...Actually he was taking a shower after five days in the hills and got caught by a lady walking her dog. Pretty funny stuff and I have some of it on video! I'm taking bids, not that anyone really wants to see THAT!

Later,

Adam

I'll tell you what Adam, I'm going to start the bidding by offering you $100 to NOT show the clip of Founder taking a shower. I bet that poor lady and her dog were scared for life. Probably never hike in the hills again... :)

NvrEnuf

$150 and I second that nvfenuf. She is still probably white as a ghost and scared to death. It just goes to show you that you never know what you are going to see out it the woods.

Uh? Hello! www.monsterhuntclips.com UPLOAD IT!

buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

Brian and Adam thanks for all the good times in the hills. I have really got the bug back and am looking forward to buying a new bow in the next year and putting on some serious miles in the backcountry looking for some good bucks. Guys let me just say this. I have been around a lot of the successful people in the outdoor industry in the west and there are not many as humble and laid back as Brian. Brian it was good to meet you. Adam will be catching heat from both Brain and I for missing the big one, but we have all done that.

As for the shower incident All I can say is that he is tough under pressure and it is a good thing that Adam can talk. Otherwise Brian would have been busted badly and looking for the nearest pine brow to cover his midsection.

Great hunt guys, Thanks!!!!

Jerald Olsen

Uhhh, why were you filming him in the shower? Never mind, I don't want to know.

I watched the Roughing It last night and it was a good show.

Nice packstring of Llama ya use there Brian.

Robb

Adam how did you like the Clark Jungle Hammock. I watched the show last night and thought it was pretty cool. I don't remember if you remember me but I was at the bowhunter jamboree. Jerry and I introduced you to the jungle hammock. Give us a product review here on MM!

As I remember you shot the gorilla at 187 yards in one or two shots and also hit the foam insert in the metal deer three times in a row while talking on camera. What happened on the deer?
Love the show!

By the way here is a picture of my opening morning buck.
46dafe1e1a97a515.jpg

Hey Scott,
Dang nice buck! I wish I could pose with "my deer."

I really liked the Clark Jungle Hammock. It was only cold one night and the lower storage (where you put your clothes) insulated me just fine. Two of the guys I was hunting with couldn't sleep on their backs so they had to sleep in a tent. Too bad, because not only can you sleep off the ground, you can also use it to sit in and eat. A real plus when you are packing into the mountains and weight is an issue. Overall on a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 9.5. The only thing I would change is to have the netting detatchable like the rain fly. I'm looking at buying one for next years back pack hunt.

As far as the deer goes...I just don't know. I was trying to get the camera out and get the shot on tape, but the buck kept moving toward me and I couldn't get it out in time. I wish now that I would have said the heck with the camera and just concentrated on the shot. Oh well, it keeps me going to find another. Again, nice buck. Talk to you later,

Adam Eakle

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom