Founder?? Slammdunk??

Congratulations brutha!!!!!! You more than anyone know how frustrated I got on my hunt and that I'll always have a million times more respect for diehard elk hunters like yourself. You're a stud dude and I honestly couldn't be happier for you and your success today!! Next time don't be so stubborn and give me a call to help with the pack out though lol. I'm super excited for you Slammy!! You deserved to tag out today more than anyone in my opinion ???

~Z~

We were also on the Wasatch during this Mid Season Big bull hunt. I was helping a friends 15 year old son. We have hunted this area for years on plenty of big bull hunts as well as spike hunts. We knew where elk were and where they would go when the shooting started. We horseback into areas, sometimes 5-7 miles in. There were plenty of elk. Not many "Big' Bulls. We had a couple opportunities at "Big" bulls, but like mentioned above, they don't always hang around and give the time it takes for a 15 year old to get comfortable to make a good shot. What surprised me was the number of foot soldiers that hiked into these remote areas with spike tags. We talked to a couple guys at least 5 miles in. They had a spike and a cow tag. I asked them what they were going to do if they actually shot one back there. His response..... " Well, I guess we hadn't thought about that part. " The bulls seemed to be rutting hard, but they also seemed extra skiddish this year. It took a pretty good sneak to get within 500 yards of a herd without them busting out. Maybe they got extra pressure from earlier hunts this year. Normally, the horses dont really spook them that bad. Still a ton of fun and a great experience. Nothing beats a canyon with half a dozen bulls screaming their heads off at first light. On day 8, the "suicide bull" came out and he put him down.. This bull seemed to follow us for the week. He was everywhere we looked. haha. About a 300" 5x6. Not bad for the kids first bull.
I saw 4 bulls but being 70 and those bulls being at the bottom and straight down I would have regretted shooting one .Tag soup for me but I’ve ate a few tags in the past .

Congrats Slam. Way to get it done on top of all the memories made throughout the hunt. ? Thanks for sharing.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom