Frozen Coyote

Torch

I was going through some old pictures and found this one of a frozen coyote we found while snowmobiling in January 1992 near Henry's Lake in Idaho. It was sitting up and its eyes were still open. Enjoy.

45b165bd18a3caa8.jpg

45b1659517ec46cc.jpg

Now that's one smart yote', to make you believe he was dead then escape unharmed :)

Seriously though that's really crazy,it must have been very cold.

horsepoop.gif

Back in the old days, my grandfather spotted a deer standing in the ditch that looked like it had been hit by a car. He pulled over and grabbed a hammer out of his truck to finish the deer off (it was all he had). He walked up to the critter, raised his arm, and struck the deer in the forehead. To his surprise, the hammer bounced right back. The deer was froze solid, standing up in the ditch.

---------------------------------------
This is my post

I've just pissed in my pants.......and nobody can do anything about it.

Is it possible that someone else found it dead and positioned it like that for the next person to find??

That is a good sight though, Dead...

Brian

We were in the backcountry and it had snowed a couple of days before. If anyone had immicated it there would have been other fresh snowmobile tracks in the area and there weren't any. I can understand how hard it would be to believe something like this can happen, especially on the internet. I don't know if I would believe it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. If I remember correctly it was around -50 F the night before and there weren't too many people out braving the cold weather, so I don't think anyone put it there.

Torch,

Did you be any chance try to move him from that position? If not, wonder if he was in a leg trap? But then maybe he would have tried to chew his leg free, very strange find that is for sure.

Brian

I saw a dead doe on the side of the road, it had a cigarette in its mouth. Pratical joke,i guess, someone obviously put it in its mouth after it died.but it was freaking hilarious when i saw it.It would be a great billboard for antismokers.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom