G Applicant Needed

HuntElk4Fun_

Our group of 4 is looking for another person interested in applying with our group. We hunt G constantly and grew up in the area. Needs to have 6+ pts and willing to do Special, PM me for details.

If they have 6 plus points they could do reg $. Or should I ask how much you willing to pay? Buzz will love this one.

Yes they could... then they should do regular and have a great hunt. Let him love this post... they might need a hunting partner and help.

It's about sharing resources... we need a little more on our average points and someone might need information and someone to go with.

Won't pay a dime BTW

>If they have 6 plus points
>they could do reg $.
> Or should I ask
>how much you willing to
>pay? Buzz will love
>this one.

Your last sentence was exactly my first thought when I read the OP!

>>If they have 6 plus points
>>they could do reg $.
>> Or should I ask
>>how much you willing to
>>pay? Buzz will love
>>this one.
>
>
>Your last sentence was exactly my
>first thought when I read
>the OP!

Easy Mike, let's bury the hatchet and move on.

If I had 6+points I would go in with you. Knowing the hunting area is worth it's weight in gold. Good luck to the guy that doesn't know the country. Better hire a guide. ..

>Our group of 4 is looking
>for another person interested in
>applying with our group. We
>hunt G constantly and grew
>up in the area. Needs
>to have 6+ pts and
>willing to do Special, PM
>me for details.

Nothing like cheating the system. Wyoming should address this problem.

[font face="verdana" color="green"] Jake

Cheating the system? LOL

People put in as groups all across the west averaging points or increasing their odds... part of the game, part of the systems that have become the norm.

Wyoming should have just ignored a point system and let them all be random like it was 10 years ago versus the greek system of Special/Regular then dump those left into Random

>>Our group of 4 is looking
>>for another person interested in
>>applying with our group. We
>>hunt G constantly and grew
>>up in the area. Needs
>>to have 6+ pts and
>>willing to do Special, PM
>>me for details.
>
>Nothing like cheating the system. Wyoming
>should address this problem.

Wyoming designed the NR party system, not us, so to say anyone is cheating the system is stretching it. There also hasn't been an outcry from the NRs that it was forced on to change it to the best of my knowledge.

Cheating??? Lmao! Some people are smrtr than others and use it to their advantage. If you both have something each other need, you both benefit. A win win

The only outcry is the usual one about the guided requirement in wilderness which is possibly the biggest joke I've ever seen but understand the outfitters will never let that one change. I'm a Wyoming native with a lifetime license in my pocket and I can't hunt the wilderness without a resident "guide" buddy or actual guide?! I can go take pictures but can't hunt? C'mon WYO... you're killing me here.

If Wyoming wanted to change they could not average as some states but there hasn't been much of an outcry to change it, just a little buzz here and there about the Special/Regular allocation splits but it usually goes no where.

Sounds like desperation to me. (I don't mean that in a bad way.) There are places in S.E. Idaho that are better,(in my opinion) and you don't have to draw. You probably know this but I'm just sayin.

I knew I would piss some guys off with that one... Good times, carry on kids.[font face="verdana" color="green"]
Jake Swensen

This is year is full already, but I have max points for deer and plan on applying for a point again this year. Will that help you out next year?

I'm sitting on max points. Waiting to see if dad and I draw our CO archery elk tags before deciding on WY deer (we have 12 elk points and should have a 50/50 chance).
If we don't draw, I'm dumping my max WY deer points on G. I would likely hunt the week prior to rifle season with my bow to learn the area and then hunt two weeks with rifle.
I'm not sure I would do the special draw though. let me know if max points in the regular draw will help you out. without knowing exactly how many points you all have it is hard to say.

BTW - I am planning to play the group point game in the future. I'm putting my kids in for points while they are in college and plan to apply with them when they get out. Two sons are in college right now and both have max points. My youngest is 15. I should be able to get in 4 good hunts by the time my youngest gets out of college in 7-8 years. After that I will probably be too old to hike those mountains anyway.

SDBugler - I will run the math again and let you know. I think point creep will jump a little higher this year. Some of us archery hunt it and will probably do about the same thing.

Your plan is great. I do the same thing with my kids and we're up there every year hunting deer or elk. Great state for the kids to have a wonderful experience chasing critters. I have a general elk tag as well. Doesn't hurt that my family still lives in the heart of G so a nice home cooked meal every night from grandma sure helps the kids enjoy it :)

OddNut
It looks like we drew our CO elk tags so will likely try for a late season deer tag or just buy another point. Probably hunt G next year.

I've tried to answer everyone that sent a PM but if I missed you we're good to go and thanks for hollering. Hope everyone gets lucky in the draws and has a great fall. Thanks

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom